Corsair h80i problems

Hey i just bought h80i for my new build wich has i5 3570k clocked at 4.2ghz in a silverstone ft02 case, and my processor idles at 44-46c... is this normal before i bought the case and watercooler I had open case with no fans what so ever and coolermaster v8 cooling the cpu and my temps were only 1-3 degrees higher. is there something wrong with my h80i or did i buy 110 euros cooler for no performance boost what so ever.

Yeah I think that's pretty normal... The H80i is not that competitive with high end air cooling.

Yeah I think that's pretty normal... The H80i is not that competitive with high end air cooling.

Is it supposed to compete with low end air cooling though? I have a 2500k at 4.5ghz with a 212 evo idling at 34 degrees, idling at 43 sounds crazy to me for such an expensive cooler?

Current rig: i5 2500k & Gtx 560ti With Filco MJ1 TKL & Neutron Gtx 120gb SSD

Is it supposed to compete with low end air cooling though? I have a 2500k at 4.5ghz with a 212 evo idling at 34 degrees' date=' idling at 43 sounds crazy to me for such an expensive cooler?[/quote']

yeah thats what im wondering, its pretty odd that people with low end air coolers get 10 degrees less...

I have an H55 (which should get owned by an H80i) and idle at around 30 degrees. You might need to work on your cases airflow.

my case is silverstone rv02 wich has 3 180mm air penetrators at the bommom making positive pressure in the case and forcing all the air out from the top so i think the flow is good i also have tidy cable management

well it is a bit on the high side. but i see that you also had this with your V8, which is comparable to the h80.

try and get some better airflow in that case.

and man... did you really spend 110 euro's for a h80i? i can easely find them for around 90 euro's.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff."

Dont understimate my skillsz, you might look foolish.

Also - try a better, premium thermal compound. I assume you used the stock that came on it? Also, try re-seating the pump, main not have quite a perfect fit - but def get some good compound. That should help with the temps by at least a couple of degrees.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

well yeah i spent 110e since finland is quite high on tax everything is expensive

i will order some arctic mx4 that should do the tric

Is it supposed to compete with low end air cooling though? I have a 2500k at 4.5ghz with a 212 evo idling at 34 degrees' date=' idling at 43 sounds crazy to me for such an expensive cooler?[/quote']

idle temperatures are not a gauge of performance... load temperatures are.

a lot of influences effect idle temperatures. ambient temperature, humidity,

start up, proper installation, etc...

first thing to verify is the TIM pattern on the cold plate (copper base of controller)

and the IHS (silver top of CPU). is it tacky, smeared, ozzing from the sides,

uneven distribution? possible the cold plate is not seated properly. verify

capacitors and objects around the socket (old 775 problem).

also depending on fan speed greatly effects the temperatures.

airdeano