Acer Nitro VG0 VG270UPbmiipx

Dr. Hillarius

So, i'm planning on getting a new system + setup (old one is just super out of date). I'm pretty sure about what parts i'm going to get, except for the monitor. I want to have a high refreshrate 1440p monitor, preferably with an IPS panel. So after looking around for a while, i came across the Acer Nitro VG0 VG270UPbmiipx. It seems to match my expectations, but there's pretty much nothing about it on the internet, except for the sellers sites. So my question would be: does anyone have this monitor? If yes, is it good considering backlight bleed and input lag?  Also, a very general question: Are the 4ms response time good for gaming in comparison to a tn panel, or does it get noticeably blurrier?

Thank you in advance,

Hillarius

33 minutes ago, Dr. Hillarius said:

So, i'm planning on getting a new system + setup (old one is just super out of date). I'm pretty sure about what parts i'm going to get, except for the monitor. I want to have a high refreshrate 1440p monitor, preferably with an IPS panel. So after looking around for a while, i came across the Acer Nitro VG0 VG270UPbmiipx. It seems to match my expectations, but there's pretty much nothing about it on the internet, except for the sellers sites. So my question would be: does anyone have this monitor? If yes, is it good considering backlight bleed and input lag?  Also, a very general question: Are the 4ms response time good for gaming in comparison to a tn panel, or does it get noticeably blurrier?

Thank you in advance,

Hillarius

I have the 27" 1440p 75Hz version. It's really good especially given the price. Colours are very good, once you've messed with the settings a bit (I think I changed from the default to the neutral or cool setting, it's easy to do). I haven't noticed any input lag, obviously it isn't a TN panel but unless you are some kind of superhuman I doubt you will notice much. Backlight bleed is again barely noticeable. My only complaint would be that the stand is really bad, there is barely any movement. Otherwise it's a fantastic monitor for the price, imo.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X  |  Cooler: Cryorig H7  |  Motherboard: MSI B450 Mortar  |  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini  |  RAM: Team Vulcan 16GB  3000MHz  |  GPU: EVGA 1070ti Gaming (Kraken G12 Watercooled) |  PSU: Corsair TXM650  |  Storage: Samsung 860 EVO 500GB + WD Blue M.2 500GB  |  Network Card: Asus PCE-AC56  |  Monitor: Acer Nitro VG270U  |  Audio: Sennheiser HD6XX + Schiit Fulla 2

Laptop:

Lenovo s540:  CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3500U  |  RAM: 8GB DDR4 2666MHz  |  GPU: AMD Radeon Vega 8  |  Storage: 256GB NVME SSD

Other builds:

Spoiler

Workstation 1:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X  |  Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62 Rev 2  |  Motherboard: MSI X470 Gaming Pro  |  Case: Corsair Crystal 570X  |  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz  |  GPU: Nvidia Quadro P5000  |  PSU: Corsair TXM750  |  Storage 1: WD Green 120GB  |  Storage 2: WD Blue 1TB  |  Storage 3: Seagate Barracuda 4TB  |  Monitor: LG 27UD68

19 hours ago, AndrewB121 said:

I have the 27" 1440p 75Hz version. It's really good especially given the price. Colours are very good, once you've messed with the settings a bit (I think I changed from the default to the neutral or cool setting, it's easy to do). I haven't noticed any input lag, obviously it isn't a TN panel but unless you are some kind of superhuman I doubt you will notice much. Backlight bleed is again barely noticeable. My only complaint would be that the stand is really bad, there is barely any movement. Otherwise it's a fantastic monitor for the price, imo.

Ok, thanks! Looks like it's gonna be the one, then. I'll be able to deal with the stand, might even wallmount it

I was looking into this one as well. It's one of the best spec and price wise in that range really. 4ms is good, it's not always about that. There are actually some IPS monitors that are a bit faster than TN ones with total input lag. It's more than good enough really. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

4 hours ago, Dr. Hillarius said:

Ok, thanks! Looks like it's gonna be the one, then. I'll be able to deal with the stand, might even wallmount it

Yeah it's vesa mount compatible, so that shouldn't be an issue.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X  |  Cooler: Cryorig H7  |  Motherboard: MSI B450 Mortar  |  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini  |  RAM: Team Vulcan 16GB  3000MHz  |  GPU: EVGA 1070ti Gaming (Kraken G12 Watercooled) |  PSU: Corsair TXM650  |  Storage: Samsung 860 EVO 500GB + WD Blue M.2 500GB  |  Network Card: Asus PCE-AC56  |  Monitor: Acer Nitro VG270U  |  Audio: Sennheiser HD6XX + Schiit Fulla 2

Laptop:

Lenovo s540:  CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3500U  |  RAM: 8GB DDR4 2666MHz  |  GPU: AMD Radeon Vega 8  |  Storage: 256GB NVME SSD

Other builds:

Spoiler

Workstation 1:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X  |  Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62 Rev 2  |  Motherboard: MSI X470 Gaming Pro  |  Case: Corsair Crystal 570X  |  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz  |  GPU: Nvidia Quadro P5000  |  PSU: Corsair TXM750  |  Storage 1: WD Green 120GB  |  Storage 2: WD Blue 1TB  |  Storage 3: Seagate Barracuda 4TB  |  Monitor: LG 27UD68

4 hours ago, Doobeedoo said:

I was looking into this one as well. It's one of the best spec and price wise in that range really. 4ms is good, it's not always about that. There are actually some IPS monitors that are a bit faster than TN ones with total input lag. It's more than good enough really. 

I would say that I'm not entirely sure what the input lag actually is, it said 1ms on the box but that would be with the VRB on (I guess?), which makes the screen look shit. Without VRB it is probably the standard IPS 4-8ms, everything looks smooth for me.

Laptop:

Other builds:

Spoiler

Workstation 1:

7 minutes ago, AndrewB121 said:

I would say that I'm not entirely sure what the input lag actually is, it said 1ms on the box but that would be with the VRB on (I guess?), which makes the screen look shit. Without VRB it is probably the standard IPS 4-8ms, everything looks smooth for me.

The 1ms and 4ms are measurements for response time for GTG (gray to gray) but they don't tell you monitors input lag. Which is delay between monitor receiving a signal and it being displayed on the screen. So the amount of time it takes for display to process button input while gaming. So total input lag will always be higher than those response time in ms measurements they list in specs. 

Yeah VRB motion blur reduction tech is not bad to have as an option on a monitor. Still TN 1ms is the fastest and least amount of motion blur, for IPS 4ms is all good. Can fiddle with blur reduction stuff in certain monitors to test. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |