I can’t get into bios so when trying to find a solution I disabled my gpu and now I have a black screen

Burgerman911

Hi I really need help, I disabled my GPU In device management and now I have a black screen and I can’t do anything, I need help ASAP.

I7-7700k @4.2Ghz

MSI 1070ti

g.skill  Trident Z 16GB 3000Mhz

ASUS Z270H

This are some of my specs let me know if you want all of them, any help I can get would be appreciated. This all started when I got daVinci resolve 16 black magic today. I tried to start it up and it wouldn’t start so I tried restarting my pc a few more times and it still wouldn’t lunch. I decided to uninstall and reinstall it again, but it didn’t work. At this point I looked up fixes on YouTube for Davinci resolve 16 and the one I followed was this one linked at the bottom of this post, it’s only a 2 minute video so I guess watch if you want it might help. So after following those steps it actually worked so I edited my Spanish project on and put it on YouTube and shut down my pc. I went back to my pc not to long after and thought to myself, I wonder if I reverted the one setting I changed in my bios back to what it was before if DaVinci resolve would still work, by the way when I changed IGPU Multi-monitor from disabled to enabled it also changed the primary display from auto to something else not sure what. Ok so I come back to my pc and I’m pressing f2 ,which gets me into bios all the time, and it didn’t work my screen was just black so I restarted my pc and just let it boot into windows and it did perfectly fine without a problem, but the one thing I noticed that it didn’t give me the screen where it says “press f2 or delete to run bios” or something similar to that. I restarted my pc yet again and pressed f2 and all I got was just a black screen, but when I restarted and I let it sit boom right into windows, so I tried to get into bios again another black screen. I was very confused I tried switching my Display port cable that was plugged into my GPU for a HDMI and I plugged it into my motherboard instead, but then I literally didn’t get any signal from that at all bios or windows, so I switched back to my DP cable and plugged it back into my GPU so now I go into Device management then I went to display driver, or something like that and first disabled my i7-7700k’s integrated graphics thinking it would do something, but it didn’t. So I enabled my integrated intel graphics again, and right after that I disabled my GPU and my screen went black and now I legitimately can not do anything on my computer bios or windows. So basically both my problems are trying toreenable my GPU so I can see my screen again and also trying to get my bios fixed so I can go back into it. I built this pc a year ago and this is the first problem I ever had with it, also I built my brothers pc so should I put my GPU in there and try and wipe and reinstall the drivers. Thanks for your help and reading if anyone needs help clarifying what I said just ask I’ll be happy to explain as much as I can. 

4 minutes ago, Burgerman911 said:

So I enabled my integrated intel graphics again, and right after that I disabled my GPU and my screen went black

After this did you put the HDMI back into the motherboard?

Always. ALWAYS keep spare parts around for trouble shooting. If that specific card is disabled you may need to try and boot with a different GPU installed. Other than that, do you have on board graphics? 

1 minute ago, Mbowen said:

do you have on board graphics?

Did you read the OP?

25 minutes ago, glenalz81 said:

After this did you put the HDMI back into the motherboard?

Yes and unfortunately I got no signal 

25 minutes ago, Mbowen said:

Always. ALWAYS keep spare parts around for trouble shooting. If that specific card is disabled you may need to try and boot with a different GPU installed. Other than that, do you have on board graphics? 

I might take my brothers card out of his Pc. 

pull the cmos battery and start over? 

Asrock X670E Steel Legend - AMD 7600X(5.5Ghz) -  XFX Speedster-Zero EKWB Edition 6900XTXH 

-32GB Kingston Fury Beast 6000mhz DDR5 - WB Black 1 & 2 TB NVME -EVGA 1300W G2

Full loop 2x480mm XSPC RX Rads / Thermaltake Pacific W8 Block

First, please add some more breaks into your text. Thats too much to take in and get into points of the issue.

Second, you can reset BIOS by clearing CMOS or removing battery. That should be first troubleshooting step. Next is to reseat card.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

First, please add some more breaks into your text. Thats too much to take in and get into points of the issue.

Second, you can reset BIOS by clearing CMOS or removing battery. That should be first troubleshooting step. Next is to reseat card.

Thanks will do, I just reset my cmos and now it says I have a DRAM error because the light on my mother board and I still have nothing on my screen

Clear the cmos, that is if you changed bios settings. If not, try using the onboard graphics to boot

Optical Drive Poll: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1006309-optical-drive-survey/

Main Rig (Pulsar)

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X MOBO: MSI MEG X570 Unify RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RG(4x8gb) 3200Mhz 16-16-16-32 GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Chromax (LTT Edition) Storage: Intel 6000p 128gb boot drive, Intel 665p 1tb (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1tb, Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Tempered Glass PSU: EVGA SupeNOVA G1+ 750W OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit  

FreeNAS Server (The Vault)

CPU: Xeon E5-2603 v3 MOBO: MSI X99 Tomahawk RAM: G.Skill Aegis (4x8gb) 3000Mhz 16-18-18-38 GPU: EVGA GT 710 Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Storage: Intel S3520 x2 for boot, x16 in RAIDZ for storage, Seagate Ironwolf 2tb (Striped will be a steam cache) Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Tempered Glass PSU: Corsair CX750 750W

Umm sigh.. 

Clear Cmos 

Remove video card/gpu  if you have onboard video 

Try 1 stick of mem at a time - if you get 3 beeps its bad mem switch sticks. 

Unplug all other things - DVD Rom "if you have" - hard disks  basically everything except from power and 4/8pin power to mobo

Boot it up .. if its still dead after full cmos reset and your not getting 3 beeps "mem" your cpu or mobo is all that's left that can fault. 

if its just dead at this point you either have a dead cpu or dead mobo. 

if it works plug things back in 1 at a time until it stops working.. if it continues to work then it was likely bios or mobo issue and now its fixed. 

If issue comes back its likely mobo issue

Asrock X670E Steel Legend - AMD 7600X(5.5Ghz) -  XFX Speedster-Zero EKWB Edition 6900XTXH 

-32GB Kingston Fury Beast 6000mhz DDR5 - WB Black 1 & 2 TB NVME -EVGA 1300W G2

Full loop 2x480mm XSPC RX Rads / Thermaltake Pacific W8 Block