M.2 Adapters

The short question is, the 4x PCI-E to M.2 Adapter cards are they any good?

More background;
I have an old C602 workstation motherboard, this is my daily driver and does everything, work, games, video editing, web browsing, you name it.

My gaming drives (2x 512Gb SSD) are getting full, modern games are crazy large!  And I'm running out of SATA ports thanks to other drives (10 is not enough)
The motherboard doesn't support M.2 but I am going to replace it in a year or two I would imagine and that likely will.

So are these PCI-E adapters worth it?  Any experience, and problems I should be aware of?  Any brands to avoid?
Are there any that offer more than a single slot where the other slots aren't limited to being SATA connected only?
Or am I better off with just going for an old ioDrive or an Intel DCPxxxx drive?  As I figure a second drive will be fine, as games aren't going to be writing to the disk much.

Cheers!

https://www.amazon.com/SilverStone-Technology-SST-ECM20-Adapter-ECM20/dp/B01798WOJ0/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=pcie+to+sata+silverstone&qid=1555332915&s=gateway&sr=8-3

PCIe to NVMe or SATA. You need a NVMe drive for this as you don't have any more SATA, and you can't boot off of the NVMe

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux