Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rheyL

LG monitor base screw

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

good day everyone, I'm asking your help to identify what kind of screw does LG use for there monitor base? the one with a ring/hook on its head and can be turned using only a coin. 

 

here is a photo to where the screw goes in

20190415_143846.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, rheyL said:

good day everyone, I'm asking your help to identify what kind of screw does LG use for there monitor base? the one with a ring/hook on its head and can be turned using only a coin. 

 

here is a photo to where the screw goes in

Only way to determine it is to measure the bolt hole and test with the appropriate sized bolts to find the thread size. Usually screws such as those are 1/4-20 but it can vary. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
7 hours ago, PrinceNorris said:

It's called coin-slot drive. That simple.

you're referring to the head of the screw? right? 

and not it's thread size... 

 

7 hours ago, W-L said:

Only way to determine it is to measure the bolt hole and test with the appropriate sized bolts to find the thread size. Usually screws such as those are 1/4-20 but it can vary. 

ah yes, i hope they are available locally. or they are of standard sizes and not some hard to find one. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rheyL said:

you're referring to the head of the screw? right? 

and not it's thread size... 

 

ah yes, i hope they are available locally. or they are of standard sizes and not some hard to find one. 

Take off that metal plate and bring it to your local hardware store or fastener supply house, you can probably find a replacement bolt of the correct thread and size that will work. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×