Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Barry~~

WiFi disconnects itself.

Posted · Original PosterOP

I've no idea if I have asked this question before, but I have this problem now, so I am asking now...

So, at my school, there are a lot of people using their laptops.

But they never have any problem connecting to the WiFI, only mine will.

If people are not using it, my wifi comes back itself.

I have told IT teacher to check it out, but they never do so.

Tried to reinstalled Wifi driver, unofficial WiFI driver, official wifi driver... not working.

Once I opened my laptop, found out that one wifi wire is poped off. And I have soldered it back.

I used to have that problem, for some reason it wasn't happening anymore. And I re-installed my windows, it comes back again.

Here is my specs:

Laptop name: Lenovo 500s-13isk

CPU: i5-6200U

GPU: Intel HD520

SSD: Samsung 256GB ssd

WiFi: Qualcomm QCA9377 dual band wireless card.

all the settings are default, and the driver is released in 2016 May

I found out that if I connects to OpenVPN which is located in my house, wifi disconnects more frequently.

Even without connecting VPN, yet is does not work sometimes.

Guys, please help me.

Asus NUC: CPU:i7-4600u | ram: ddr3l 4GB x 2 | ssd: 256GB | Network: RJ45 port, wifi 802.1 ac | usb: USB Gen3 x 4 | SD: SD port x1 | Display: HDMI x1, DP x1| GPU: Intel Graphics 4400 @ 1100Mhz |

It could be that you're trying to connect to your home VPN and your connection is being dropped. Have you tried connecting your phone to the WiFi network? You could try that and rule out any problems. Also, go to the IT department. Ask them not your teacher. 

CPU: i5 4690 |CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: Z97-A | RAM: 4x4GB Kingston Memory 1600mhz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 120GB Kingston V300 SSD | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 20" Dell  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer 302USB Xenyx 5 Input Mixer | Neewer® NW-700 Microphone | Behringer PS400 Micropower Phantom Power Supply

Networking gear:  Dell OptiPlex 390 Domain Controller | Dell PowerEdge R210 II Exchange 2016 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5505 VPN  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch

Posted · Original PosterOP
9 hours ago, Abdul201588 said:

It could be that you're trying to connect to your home VPN and your connection is being dropped. Have you tried connecting your phone to the WiFi network? You could try that and rule out any problems. Also, go to the IT department. Ask them not your teacher. 

I said IT teacher, which is IT apartment...

been complaining for so long time, and my VPN connection won't drop on Mac devices

Asus NUC: CPU:i7-4600u | ram: ddr3l 4GB x 2 | ssd: 256GB | Network: RJ45 port, wifi 802.1 ac | usb: USB Gen3 x 4 | SD: SD port x1 | Display: HDMI x1, DP x1| GPU: Intel Graphics 4400 @ 1100Mhz |