Best Airflow Fans

Pipit213

For my NZXT Phantom 630 I've been meaning to replace some of the fans. Any recommendations for purely based on airflow? 

For my NZXT Phantom 630 I've been meaning to replace some of the fans. Any recommendations for purely based on airflow? 

What Size?

Depends on what kind of price you want to spend, if you are looking at $30 a fan NF-F12's are great but some people think they are ugly and they are pricey.

The corsair air flow fans are good, Bitfenix spectre pros. scythe gentle typhoons.

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

Depends on what kind of price you want to spend, if you are looking at $30 a fan NF-F12's are great but some people think they are ugly and they are pricey.

The corsair air flow fans are good, Bitfenix spectre pros. scythe gentle typhoons.

noctua NF S12A, NF F12 is fine too.

Noctua NF-F12's arent really optimised for airflow as much as they are static pressure.

Still learning how to play Dota 2 :)

Noctua NF-F12's arent really optimised for airflow as much as they are static pressure.

The fact that they are optimised for static pressure is probably better than just being optimised for airflow. Trust me when I say that the NF-F12 will push a lot of air and if you are going to be installing it in front of a hard drive bay or something it will be right at home, plus the static pressure fans can be used if you decide to go water in the future or on any number of different projects.

Just because it says it is optimised for static pressure doesn't mean it isn't optimised to push a lot of air it just means that the airflow from the fan will be more directed rather than spread out.

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

The fact that they are optimised for static pressure is probably better than just being optimised for airflow. Trust me when I say that the NF-F12 will push a lot of air and if you are going to be installing it in front of a hard drive bay or something it will be right at home, plus the static pressure fans can be used if you decide to go water in the future or on any number of different projects.

Just because it says it is optimised for static pressure doesn't mean it isn't optimised to push a lot of air it just means that the airflow from the fan will be more directed rather than spread out.

I'm not saying they're not a great fan, OP specifically said purely for airflow, I was basically saying there is better options to suit OP. But you're right they are great performers, and are versatile in that respect.

Still learning how to play Dota 2 :)

Delta's

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Try have a look at the new Cooler Master Jetflo fans. They can push tonnes of air. IMO they have nicer LED than the Corsair's and higher overall build quality (the motor,blades,frame) albeit slightly pricier. They even include silent adapter.  

http://www.coolermaster.com/cooling/jetflo/jetflo-120/

Why did you want to replace the fans, was there a specific look you were after, was it because they were noisy...etc. - if you give us a better indication of what you are looking for in a fan, maybe some more specific suggestions can be made. The thing is, any fan on the market moves air...that's what fans do, but there are performance fans, there are quiet fans, there are good looking fans, there are cheap fans, what are you after?

My Personal Rig - AMD 3970X | ASUS sTRX4-Pro | RTX 2080 Super | 64GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4 | CoolerMaster H500P Mesh

My Wife's Rig - AMD 3900X | MSI B450I Gaming | 5500 XT 4GB | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 | Silverstone SG13 White

Try have a look at the new Cooler Master Jetflo fans. They can push tonnes of air. IMO they have nicer LED than the Corsair's and higher overall build quality (the motor,blades,frame) albeit slightly pricier. They even include silent adapter.  

http://www.coolermaster.com/cooling/jetflo/jetflo-120/

Jetflo is a insane fan, but they are loud!

poseidon2988, on 22 Jan 2014 - 9:13 PM, said:

Jetflo is a insane fan, but they are loud!

Only when on full speed. But not deafeningly loud. Most of the fans with that kind of speed are pretty noisy. But you can always use the silent adapter. OP was asking a fan recommendation purely on airflow, besides the super high speed industrial ones ofc.

I kinda like them. Might get some for my 500R.

Only when on full speed. But not deafeningly loud. Most of the fans with that kind of speed are pretty noisy. But you can always use the silent adapter. OP was asking a fan recommendation purely on airflow, besides the super high speed industrial ones ofc.

I kinda like them. Might get some for my 500R.

i own 6 of these, and my ears are bleeding with silent mode on... 1200 rpm. i think they are okay at 900 rpm, but still not silent..

i own 6 of these, and my ears are bleeding with silent mode on... 1200 rpm. i think they are okay at 900 rpm, but still not silent..

What case are you using?

poseidon2988, on 23 Jan 2014 - 6:40 PM, said:

corsair 540 air

Why did you replace the stock case fans? That case is already optimized for high airflow, so I would imagine there will be some sacrifices made on the noise from the fans installed.  

Why did you replace the stock case fans? That case is already optimized for high airflow, so I would imagine there will be some sacrifices made on the noise from the fans installed.  

corsair af is not exactly silent mate.

Just airflow or is noise an issue? Why replace the fans in the first place? The stock fans should provide ample airflow.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.