Any wireless headsets competing with Steelseries ?

OG_Mega

Hey all, 

In the market for another wireless headset, I currently have the Artcis 7's, and wanted to see if they were still king or not. 

Looking at what's readily available, I'm not sure if they were worth upgrading but thought I'd pop in and ask here.

Only requirement is that they need to be wireless, thanks! 

For the price, yeah, but hs70s are good, and cheaper.

Astro A50s are better, but more expensive.

51 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

For the price, yeah, but hs70s are good, and cheaper.

Astro A50s are better, but more expensive.

A50's worth $170 more than the Arctis 7's? They compete with the Arctis Pro's but still same question, do you think the quality justifies the cost? 

On 4/14/2019 at 9:02 PM, OG_Mega said:

A50's worth $170 more than the Arctis 7's? They compete with the Arctis Pro's but still same question, do you think the quality justifies the cost? 

No.

• 1 month later...

There may be a little bias as this is my favorite headset at the current time.

The Hyper X Cloud Flight is an amazing headset you can find somewhere between $100 and $150. It works wirelessly over USB dongle. The mic is detachable but thanks to the wireless dongle not using Bluetooth but a 2.4 GHz wireless connection it has the best wireless mic quality on the market (from my experience). Honestly, I can't stress how hard it is to find a wireless mic that has a good quality mic, but the Cloud Flight is one of the only two I would recommend with the other being over $200. That alongside the fact that the mic is detachable... You need to look at the mic quality on youtube videos yourself to see how clear it is for a wireless mic. Also if you turn off the lights the headset lasts for over 30+ hours on a single charge.

Main point: Wireless mics all such currently, but thanks to the use of a GHz connection instead of Bluetooth, the Hyper X Cloud Flight is one of the few headsets that can beat this barrier. 

The only con I would say it has is the fact that it only comes with an audio connection if you do choose to go wired instead, so you won't be able to use the mic, again only if you choose to switch to wired for any reason.