Specific USB chain stopped working

My gaming set up is my home theater, so I’ve set up three USB hubs for convienent access.  One in the back of the room, closest to the PC, this where I plug in my two rear oculus sensors also.  They always work perfectly, no issues. The largest hub is in the middle near my couch, it’s also where I plug in my headset, and it worked perfectly with no issues. 

In front I set up another USB hub just for my front sensors. Being the furthest from the pc I am using a CableMatters 20m repeater cable complete with a 2000mA power supply. The Hub is also powered, and this set up worked fine for months. Eventually it started acting a little inconsistent, where one sensor wouldn’t be working. To fix that I would usually just reboot, and when that failed change the order my USB cables plug into the back of the PC

Now though the sensors won’t even detect if I plug them in up there. They will work at any of the other hubs. Other usb devices work if I plug them in there, just fine. My USB controller is the ASMedia 3.1 on my MSI M7 z270 motherboard. I also tried putting my other sensors up there, and they wouldn’t decent either. For some reason, my pic will refuse an oculus sensor if it is plugged in through a repeater cable... I have even tried a new cable and hub with no luck. I updated my bios, attempting a system restore now, I’ve tried uninstalling the sensors in the device manager. But I’m running out of things to try. 

Intel i7 7700k, EVGA 1080 FTW,  EVGA Supernova 850 g3, Corsair Vengeance, NZXT Kraken x62, Corsair Crystal 570x, Yamaha RX-V377. Klipsch Synergy2 5 channel sound system. Klipsch Synergy SubWoofer 15" 800watts

Acer H6510DB DLP projecting a 177" picture.

Just an update to this; but I tried using the old hardware, for science. The old USB hub does not work, at all. And the Old USB booster cable causes the “power surge” error. It does seem like they were damaged somehow, but I’m not sure why specifically the oculus sensors won’t work on the new hardware. Could the USB controller have some sort of safety mechanism preventing their use?

Intel i7 7700k, EVGA 1080 FTW,  EVGA Supernova 850 g3, Corsair Vengeance, NZXT Kraken x62, Corsair Crystal 570x, Yamaha RX-V377. Klipsch Synergy2 5 channel sound system. Klipsch Synergy SubWoofer 15" 800watts

Just an update, I pulled out another CableMaters 3.0 repeater cable I have. it's unfortunately not long enough for the room, but it does work with this cable. I just don't understand why other devices work witht he longer one, but not the sensors... any ways I can test this cable more scientifically?