Help me to resist urge to buy this ridiculous thing

nox_
37 minutes ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

I think that if you get the FC660C you would be happy with it since Topre switches are commonly regarded as "endgame" level switches. 

That's subjective, they're quite polarizing switches.

On 4/15/2019 at 2:29 PM, noxdeouroboros said:

BTW Where I could get  FC660C? Sold out pretty much in all the places that I looked.

Also, I've heard that Leopold are refreshing their topre line, they just updated the fc980c and they added an option for 30g domes, so they may have discountiued the current model/batch and the vendors are just waiting on a new batch. 

On 4/14/2019 at 10:55 AM, noxdeouroboros said:

BUT I kinda really want it...

source.gif

18 minutes ago, b emoji said:

That's subjective, they're quite polarizing switches.

Definitely. Some users call are selling their other keebs and just sticking with these, while others are complaining that they're just glorified membrane keyboards. I need to try some out and see where I sit in the spectrum.

20 hours ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

The only other ergo non-split keyboard that I can think of that is available right now is the Atreus

I think that if you get the FC660C you would be happy with it since Topre switches are commonly regarded as "endgame" level switches. 

Atreus might be a very good board,but I don't like the aesthetics of it,those visible screws not very appealing. 

Well, never tried Topre,many opinions on those,but if I dislike the switches I think the sale of FC660C should very easy.

So, after exploring geekhack I ended up ordering FC660C. I found a few boards similar to Wonderland and Alice. Like Lyn's EM7 :

zSIcPv9.jpg Which inspired Alice apparently, but is very expensive even second hand goes for ~ 700 usd, and the curve of it would not be great for me, and the arrow keys does not appeal to me, purely visualy they don't look great on this board IMO, so I decided not to get it. Then there is WM1 :

Fe5bZTr.jpgwhich is one sexy board, but again, pricey, and those arrow keys although aesthetically looks nice, not really for me, and the layout might not pan out too, so not getting this one too. Now I'm waiting for the FC660C to arrive, and then I will be able to see for myself if Topre keeps up with the hype.