Help me to resist urge to buy this ridiculous thing

nox_

Hello all keyboard enthusiasts, I got a bit of unexpected money, and came upon this thing https://shop.norbauer.com/products/heavy-6 and I'm being stupid and considering buying it, and overall price will be pretty stupid high..BUT I kinda really want it... Any counter arguments against doing that?Is it just over hyped and too pricey?Or is it worth it? 

heavy-6-_19-of-26_2048x2048.jpg?v=154956

Buy it. I dare you.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

11 minutes ago, b emoji said:

Do you already own a FC660C?

No, I do not, that's why overall cost of buying this thing AND the board is kinda stupid high.

Edited by noxdeouroboros
errors on errors

c3m0v21lq7l11.jpg

There is no enemy. The foe on the battlefield is merely the manifestation of that which we must overcome. The doubt, and fear, and despair. Every battle is fought within. Conquer the battlefield that lies inside you, and the enemy disappears like the illusion it is.

17 hours ago, b emoji said:

Do you already own a FC660C?

6 hours ago, geo3 said:

How could you ever consider not getting it? I mean look at that thing! 7lbs of solid steal? Fuck yes!

I think I will resist and buy FC660C, and then if I will still want to break my table I might buy that monstrosity. BTW Where I could get  FC660C? Sold out pretty much in all the places that I looked.

Any chance you like the TGR Alice (see pic below if you are not familiar)? If you are, there is a group buy going on right now at r/mechmarket for a cheaper, acrylic version called "Wonderland". Ends in 5 days-ish. Should cost you about a third of the Heavy-6.

Spoiler

Image result for TGR Alice

I mean, if you want to have a very heavy rock for a keyboard..

If my answer got you to your solution make sure to 'Mark Resolved!
( / . _ . / )

19 minutes ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

Any chance you like the TGR Alice (see pic below if you are not familiar)? If you are, there is a group buy going on right now at r/mechmarket for a cheaper, acrylic version called "Wonderland". Ends in 5 days-ish. Should cost you about a third of the Heavy-6.

Reveal hidden contents

I like the look of it,but due to my condition I type in a bit of an odd way,and don't know if this type of board would be great or terrible, that would be a bit of a gamble, but could you maybe post a link that group buy,so I could see how that acrylic version looks?

9 minutes ago, GabeThePCHelper said:

I mean, if you want to have a very heavy rock for a keyboard..

I really like the look of it,if it was lighter I would have bought it already. 

14 minutes ago, noxdeouroboros said:

-snip-

In hindsight, I should have linked in the previous post. Check it out here.

EDIT: Quick look at a completed one

Edited by Dissitesuxba11s

17 minutes ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

In hindsight, I should have linked in the previous post. Check it out here.

EDIT: Quick look at a completed one

Now I'm a bit confused with what to choose ? On one hand I was drooling looking at FC660C for long time,but it's topre,never tried that,might not like it, on other hand this board is very interesting and unique option for a very good price that might be really great or really bad to type on... Well, I will think about what to choose, FC is sold out anyways. Any input  would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for showing me this, a very interesting board, i kinda like the look of it,that clear case looks really nice.

1 hour ago, noxdeouroboros said:

-snip-

I've never typed on an "ergo" layout keyboard so I can't really comment on the typing experience. I initially thought that tilting the layout like that didn't really offer much of a support since you will only get the benefit of the keyboard if it is also tented like the Ergo Dox, but some Alice users have told me that they really like the layout and it does provide some ergonomic benefit. It also comes in different colors other than just clear.

And if you end up not liking it, give it a few months and you can probably resell it slightly higher that what you paid for, assuming that they only do this one group buy. Alice-style PCBs are rare and hard to come-by.

1 hour ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

Hide contents

I hope they do another run of the tgr jane, that board is pretty naice. 

My personal favorite is a Ducky One 2 Mini, 60%'s are compact and able to be used anywhere.

If my answer got you to your solution make sure to 'Mark Resolved!
( / . _ . / )

16 hours ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

I've never typed on an "ergo" layout keyboard so I can't really comment on the typing experience. I initially thought that tilting the layout like that didn't really offer much of a support since you will only get the benefit of the keyboard if it is also tented like the Ergo Dox, but some Alice users have told me that they really like the layout and it does provide some ergonomic benefit. It also comes in different colors other than just clear.

And if you end up not liking it, give it a few months and you can probably resell it slightly higher that what you paid for, assuming that they only do this one group buy. Alice-style PCBs are rare and hard to come-by.

Very sound advice, thank you. I think I'm gonna get on that group buy. Just have to choose do I want clear or some color, not sure on that so far, but gonna decide by the end of the day.

14 hours ago, GabeThePCHelper said:

My personal favorite is a Ducky One 2 Mini, 60%'s are compact and able to be used anywhere.

I know about ducky, they are very good,but now I'm looking for something more unique.

5 hours ago, noxdeouroboros said:

Very sound advice, thank you. I think I'm gonna get on that group buy. Just have to choose do I want clear or some color, not sure on that so far, but gonna decide by the end of the day.

Bad news. The group buy was closed since it it got a bit out of hand - too many orders for the vendor to handle. 

Missed my opportunity to get an Alice case -_-

17 minutes ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

Bad news. The group buy was closed since it it got a bit out of hand - too many orders for the vendor to handle. 

Missed my opportunity to get an Alice case -_-

A dollar short and day too late I guess.. I took too long deciding, that's on me. A bit disappointing,is there some kinda of ETA for next group buy of it? If not,maybe I should pre order FC660C on mechanicalkeyboards.com, not sure.

1 minute ago, noxdeouroboros said:

A dollar short and day too late I guess.. I took too long deciding, that's on me.A bit disappointing,is there some kinda of ETA for next group buy of it? If not,maybe I should pre order FC660C on mechanicalkeyboards.com, not sure.

Not sure. Most of these types of group buys are never set in stone so it could be a few weeks from now or it could be a few months. I'll keep an eye out, and let you know if a second group buy pops up, assuming you're still interested at that time. 

Is MechanicalKeyboards.com the cheapest option to buy it from in the EU? Have you tried the EU resellers mykeyboards.eu or Candykeys?

Just now, Dissitesuxba11s said:

Not sure. Most of these types of group buys are never set in stone so it could be a few weeks from now or it could be a few months. I'll keep an eye out, and let you know if a second group buy pops up, assuming you're still interested at that time. 

Is MechanicalKeyboards.com the cheapest option to buy it from in the EU? Have you tried the EU resellers mykeyboards.eu or Candykeys?

Let me know if anything pops out,I might be still interested,because I'm not sure about the leopold, it's not that unique,that uniqueness of  "Wonderland" really attracts me.

Somehow I was not aware of mykeyboards.eu, they even have few in stock for a better price than MechanicalKeyboards.com, candykeys only offer pre order, so just have to decide do I want it, or should I wait for "Wonderland" or something similar.

3 hours ago, noxdeouroboros said:

Somehow I was not aware of mykeyboards.eu, they even have few in stock for a better price than MechanicalKeyboards.com, candykeys only offer pre order, so just have to decide do I want it, or should I wait for "Wonderland" or something similar.

If you are fairly set on the FC660C then you should just get that. Who knows when Wonderland will be available.

If you want to delve more in other unique keyboards, check out Geekhack if you haven't. That forum is not as nice looking as this one but it's dedicated to the mechanical keyboard community.

1 hour ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

If you are fairly set on the FC660C then you should just get that. Who knows when Wonderland will be available.

If you want to delve more in other unique keyboards, check out Geekhack if you haven't. That forum is not as nice looking as this one but it's dedicated to the mechanical keyboard community.

I'm checking out Geekhack, if nothing will catch my eye I will buy FC660C, I borrowed my friends 60% board and came to love it, initially I was gonna build 65% board myself, but after a mishap with PCB at the post office it got broken and I did not order a replacement so far, but now I have outemu sky's with nowhere to put them,so it would be smart to do something with them,but not sure about that, it would be good to get a board that would fit them,maybe will find some board on geekhack I like and get that, but topre is interesting to me too, so I'm just scouring geehack for a few days.Any input on that maybe? Those ergo'ish boards interest me.

40 minutes ago, noxdeouroboros said:

Any input on that maybe?

The only other ergo non-split keyboard that I can think of that is available right now is the Atreus

I think that if you get the FC660C you would be happy with it since Topre switches are commonly regarded as "endgame" level switches.