Xbox 360 power brick compatibility

Zenedge
Go to solution Solved by Ertman,

As previously mentioned, the connections are different to be forwards compatible. A Xenon PSU can be use with a  jasper, but not the other way around.

I have used a Xenon PSU with a Falcon and a Jasper, if that is any comfort.

Hello, i just recently got a Xbox 360 Jasper for just 10 dollars with all accessories except a power brick. the seller told me he's sure that it's working, but if i recall correctly, the xbox 360's have different motherboard revisions, such as the xenon, falcon, jasper etc.

my question is.... can i use any power brick regardless of motherboard revision? such as a xenon power brick, on this jasper xbox 360?

the voltages are all the same, and the difference is only the current. and i know that voltage is pushing, while current is pulling... so the jasper xbox 360 should only pull the current it needs to power it up right?

i searched other forums, but never really saw a concrete answer, so i'd like to know if you guys can give me a clear answer.

thank you :D

There is no such thing as a bad PC, there are only BETTER PCs

You can see that with the Power COnnector.

You need the one exactly for your Version of the 360.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

You're correct, they pull the amperage they need, and as all brinks designed for the phat are 12V, it's all good. The plugs are also designed so that you can't create an incompatible pair. S and E use a completely different plug, and as Jasper is the final iteration of phat, that's all you need to get right. Just be aware that the bricks liked to go bad as well, so you shouldn't just rush and buy the cheapest brick you can find.

As previously mentioned, the connections are different to be forwards compatible. A Xenon PSU can be use with a  jasper, but not the other way around.

I have used a Xenon PSU with a Falcon and a Jasper, if that is any comfort.

Thanks for the answers guys :D

There is no such thing as a bad PC, there are only BETTER PCs