Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MyName13

Should I consider Xiaomi redmi 5 (2 GB RAM + 16 GB storage version)?

Posted · Original PosterOP

I've found a good deal for it (it's significantly cheaper than redmi 6), does anyone have any experience with it?Does it receive any updates?

I remember MIUI being heavy on the ram, 2GB might not be enough if you are going to get a MIUI device and use it somewhat more than average.

sennheisermasterrace

Tbh, i would not recommend it, even if you get it for 20 bucks. Well, maybe then... if you only use it for phone calls, sms, whatsapp~.

It's at the brink of beeing somewhat useable, and this won't get better.

I personally wouldn't start below 32gb / 3gb Ram as basic entry level, and would highly consider spending 20-30 bucks more for the 64gb/4gb option.

- you probably want a decent user experience. You will not get that with 16gb / 2gb phones today (maybe an iPhone 6/6s~)

- you probably want to use it for maybe 2 or even 3 years? 

Posted · Original PosterOP
20 minutes ago, Darkseth said:

Tbh, i would not recommend it, even if you get it for 20 bucks. Well, maybe then... if you only use it for phone calls, sms, whatsapp~.

It's at the brink of beeing somewhat useable, and this won't get better.

I personally wouldn't start below 32gb / 3gb Ram as basic entry level, and would highly consider spending 20-30 bucks more for the 64gb/4gb option.

Why is it unusable?

How is 3 GB of ram now considered basic entry level?Has Android become so bloated all of a sudden?