Father upgrading to Andoid from iOS, recommendations?

Neokolzia

My father is looking at trading up from his iPhone 7, and was starting to make some Recommendations like the Honor 8x on Amazon, wanted to ensure also bands were well supported I believe the 8x is the L23 model covers most of the bands at least the important ones as well as my Canadian flagship phone does at least.

As well of course if there is oppertunity to actually get warranty with them etc, since for whatever reason can't seem to purchase a Honor 8x with warranty in Canada, from Huawei etc.

He is largely a Pokemon Go player so having something with good battery life or very least good support for battery extender cases since thats what he's been using on his iPhone.

and around 300$ CAD pricepoint plus/minus

There's pretty massive selection and I honestly haven't dabbled much in the phone space I only get a new phone every 4-5 years

Network is Telus Based, so Big 3

Freedom Mobile support/just the Big 3?

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

Just now, LienusLateTips said:

Freedom Mobile support/just the Big 3?

Sorry forgot to mention More support would be better since one of the reasons I was telling him to get a unlocked phone was can freely move between carriers as deals arise.

Freedom mobile support definitely isn't a requirement, I doubt it will come out here to the Okanagan

28 minutes ago, Neokolzia said:

Sorry forgot to mention More support would be better since one of the reasons I was telling him to get a unlocked phone was can freely move between carriers as deals arise.

Freedom mobile support definitely isn't a requirement, I doubt it will come out here to the Okanagan

They are expanding to Kelowna soon, so hopefully they'll be throughout soon.

I live in the Lower Mainland, so I'm already benefiting :)

Are you willing to switch to Koodo, a Telus subsidiary? They have a system where if you wait out your contract or not, you still get the subsidies reducing price.

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

Just now, LienusLateTips said:

They are expanding to Kelowna soon, so hopefully they'll be throughout soon.

I live in the Lower Mainland, so I'm already benefiting :)

Are you willing to switch to Koodo, a Telus subsidiary? They have a system where if you wait out your contract or not, you still get the subsidies reducing price.

His phone is already on koodo and no contracts, and has the cheap 60$ 10gb plan which is one of the reasons can't take advantage of getting tabs etc