What's the most powerful PC I can mount to the back of my monitor?

Okjoek

Long story short I've had a hernia repaired in my groin and sitting at my desk isn't very comfortable.

I'm a lot more comfortable when I'm sitting on my futon couch (which is also my bed), but laptops are expensive, proprietary and under-powered.

The only other option seems to go as SFF as possible and set my computer on a coffee table at my couch and purchse or DIY one of those lapdog couch-desks for my peripherals.

So what kind of small pc case options do I have that can mount to the back or perhaps lay underneath my monitor. I need to be able to use either my existing Sapphire nitro RX-460 or at the very least AMD's next generation top-tier APU on an itx board.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Have a look at MicroATX cases. Smallest form factor motherboards, so also smallest possible case 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

5 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Small cases? Don't mind if I do.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

1 minute ago, Stormseeker9 said:

Have a look at MicroATX cases. Smallest form factor motherboards, so also smallest possible case 

??

Pretty sure mini itx is smaller than micro ATX

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

theres two sizes smaller than matx (not sure if it goes smaller than the sitx or whatever its called, but its smaller than itx)?

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

7 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

??

I thought for consumer boards with a GPU slot it was mATX smallest form factor.

yes you have NUC which is even smaller, but no place for dedicated GPU

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

2 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

Of non proprietary form factors, ITX is basically as small as it gets. Full length PCIe slot, all the bells and whistles, tiny form factor.

Primary PC:

4 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Of non proprietary form factors, ITX is basically as small as it gets. Full length PCIe slot, all the bells and whistles, tiny form factor.

Sorry, you’re right - now I see ‘ITX’ bells start to ring haha. 

ITX or the even smaller "STX" if they exist for AM4 are what I'm after.

10 hours ago, fasauceome said:

Do you got any more "low profile" case suggestions? The SG-13 is more cube shaped which wasn't what I was hoping for. I want to have as little footprint as possible by having a case that's either on the back of my monitor or that the monitor can sit on top of.

9 hours ago, Okjoek said:

Do you got any more "low profile" case suggestions? The SG-13 is more cube shaped which wasn't what I was hoping for. I want to have as little footprint as possible by having a case that's either on the back of my monitor or that the monitor can sit on top of.

It's definitely along the lines of the "sit on top of" category, what monitor are you using?

Primary PC:

20 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

It's definitely along the lines of the "sit on top of" category, what monitor are you using?

This is what it looks like.

24-116-778-15.jpg

diameter of the stand is about 23cm

Silverstone's page for the SG-13 is about 22 x 28 cm so it's cutting it pretty close.

This case might actually be what I'm looking for if I go the integrated graphics route.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811108109&Description=low profile case&cm_re=low_profile_case-_-11-108-109-_-Product

My girlfriend built her new PC in a Silverstone RVZ03. She had almost 0 PC knowledge prior other than LTT videos before. If she can build in it, anybody can.

Gets my recommendation.

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

20 hours ago, Stormseeker9 said:

No, that's a bad idea as the "Small Form Factor" µATX Cases are all gone. Nada, nothing.

Everything went to ITX.

And the µATX Boards are mostly crap for AM4, the 4 ITX Boards (+ Variants) you can chose from are better.

20 hours ago, fasauceome said:

??

Yeah, much smaller.

Its just the 4 inner holes that ITX allows.

µATX allows the full with but only reduced height so its not that much smaller than full ATX either.

Just 4 Slots instead of 7 (max).

20 hours ago, fantasia. said:

theres two sizes smaller than matx (not sure if it goes smaller than the sitx or whatever its called, but its smaller than itx)?

You forgot DTX, wich also exist, though became rare these days...

Nope, its ITX and some Cases for that.

ITX totally replaced the "size Matters" Market as its smaller. Though some cases (like the RVZ-01) are rather large for what you get...

There is a Version with an MXM Module or VEGA mobile...

19 hours ago, Okjoek said:

ITX or the even smaller "STX" if they exist for AM4 are what I'm after.

If you don't really want to game, then you should look for "ASROCK A300".

This thing might be what you're looking for:

The Antec ISK110 needs an update with a stronger PSU to be fully usable because the needed 2400GE is not available on the market...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

10 hours ago, Okjoek said:

Do you got any more "low profile" case suggestions?

We need to know what the PC is for, what are planin on doing with it?

For a non-gaming Office/Internet PC I'd look at Asrock A300.

For a Gaming PC, i'd look at node 202 for example.

But keep in mind that its getting rather loud due to size restrictions.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

On 4/13/2019 at 2:47 PM, Okjoek said:

So what kind of small pc case options do I have that can mount to the back or perhaps lay underneath my monitor. 

Expensive, but an option

https://www.cratecomputers.com/products/crate-computer-case

LTT did a video where they used something similar to this but I dont believe this was the exact case, nor can I find it >:(

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25