Please help me! Logitech g15

PanDyl21

So here is the issue. I got a Logitech g15 keyboard andere a few days ago it started. When i pressed my G1 and G13 it switches from m1 to m3 and activated some profiles in the gaming software from Logitech. Sure i got used to it and didn't used those buttons anymore no big deal only 2 buttons less but this morning when i woke up i wanted to turn on the light on the keyboard (it has a button for it) and that button began to switch some profiles in the software. I can't program some of those buttons reinstalled the software and none no progress what so ever same issue. So i was like okay it broke need te buy a new one right. I thought so but it isn't that simple i searched the web for hours no results only refurbished sure those are good but if i have to buy a new one i want it brand spanking new. But fine after coming to the conclusion that i really like this keyboard and al of it's G buttons (it had 18 buttons and 3 M buttons so that those 18 buttons have 3 profiles each game that is a whopping 54 buttons each game) i don't really want a other keyboard because i cant find one that had enough G buttons. So do you guys have a solution for my keyboard

Greetings desperate keyboard man

Check your LGS software, see if it has onboard profile storage (I owned the G510 many years ago, don't remember if it had onboard. never owned a G15). If so, there's a potential cause of your issues right there.
Reinstalling the software would have no impact on onboard storage if that's where it's reading the profiles from.

If you'd like to opt for a new keyboard, Corsair makes a model, K95, with 18 additional macro keys.

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/search/?text=k95&type=all

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

3 hours ago, Semper said:

Check your LGS software, see if it has onboard profile storage (I owned the G510 many years ago, don't remember if it had onboard. never owned a G15). If so, there's a potential cause of your issues right there.
Reinstalling the software would have no impact on onboard storage if that's where it's reading the profiles from.

If you'd like to opt for a new keyboard, Corsair makes a model, K95, with 18 additional macro keys.

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/search/?text=k95&type=all

Keyboard has no build in storage

15 hours ago, PanDyl21 said:

Keyboard has no build in storage

How old is the keyboard?
Has it ever had physical damage (dropped, crushed, liquids of any type spilled on it ETC?).
It's possible that the contacts on the PCB are dirty resulting in (somehow) false keystrokes. Pulling the keyboard apart and giving them a good clean with isopropyl might help.

If the keyboard is within warranty, you may be able to contact Logitech about the issue and start the RMA process.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

On 4/14/2019 at 7:53 AM, Semper said:

How old is the keyboard?
Has it ever had physical damage (dropped, crushed, liquids of any type spilled on it ETC?).
It's possible that the contacts on the PCB are dirty resulting in (somehow) false keystrokes. Pulling the keyboard apart and giving them a good clean with isopropyl might help.

If the keyboard is within warranty, you may be able to contact Logitech about the issue and start the RMA process.

Yeah keyboard is pretty old never had any damage. Tried cleaning it. Keyboard is Nice and clean now but I broke my lcd screen in the progress never had any effects on the false keystokes they still happen. warranty isn't An option anymore i'm way past that point.

I think it's Just ready to pas away. He hold it up for a good 10 years.

Thinking of buying a Razer Orbweazer along with a decent keyboard.

Edited by PanDyl21
Not nowing how to write english at all. Made a bunch of corrections