Intel Core i7 4790K Temps?

The0nly0ne
Go to solution Solved by Bananasplit_00,
2 minutes ago, The0nly0ne said:

Really? im just a little bit unsure because a friend of mine said it pretty high and im used to 60c because thats the max my amd i had before made, can you recommend a good cooler or an Aio? witch would be ok if i want to overcklock it a bit?

72C is almost 30c shy of the max, if you want a new cooler I'd look at large air towers before AIOs. DarkRock 4, NH-D14/15, cryorig H5... AIOs get outperformed by lots of cheaper coolers unless you go pretty big, like 280mm+. 

Hey Guys first of all sorry if my englisch is not the best its not my first lenguage

So i got a Motherboard and the i7 from a friend he said it waws broken because it would not boot for him so he gave it to me i connected everything and it worked so after that i got a new cooler because the old one had no thermalpast on it witch i noticed early because of my program that tells me my cpu temps my new cooler is the Bequiet Pure Rock slim witch is ratet for 120W and the cpu only takes 80 i think it was and after some playing it will stay at max 72°C witch i think it a bit high (side note im not that bad witch pc´s but im getting back in it again) and i alrerady have the cooler set that it goes in to High RPM pretty early how i think i have set it pretty ok.

Schort version: what cooler would be best Aio is ok too and what could i do to lower the temps without a new cooler or harming performace much? 

thanks in advance ^^

72c is perfectly fine 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

2 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

72c is perfectly fine 

Really? im just a little bit unsure because a friend of mine said it pretty high and im used to 60c because thats the max my amd i had before made, can you recommend a good cooler or an Aio? witch would be ok if i want to overcklock it a bit?

2 minutes ago, The0nly0ne said:

72C is almost 30c shy of the max, if you want a new cooler I'd look at large air towers before AIOs. DarkRock 4, NH-D14/15, cryorig H5... AIOs get outperformed by lots of cheaper coolers unless you go pretty big, like 280mm+. 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

2 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Ah ok Thanks very much for your help and have a nice day ^^

13 hours ago, The0nly0ne said:

can you recommend a good cooler or an Aio? witch would be ok if i want to overcklock it a bit?

Where are you shopping / located? Budget? 

What case and ram are you using? 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

As said 72C is normal. I'm pretty sure you can get it lower as Devils Canyon was first Intels generation to suffer from voltage issues. This meaning that CPU will draw much more voltage than actually is needed. So if you are running it stock clocks, you can set vottage to 1.1-1.15V without issues. As it might go to 1.27-29V when left to auto.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Devils Canyon runs toasty - especially if it's not delidded. 70°C is pretty ok. You want to keep it below 85°C. That's usually seen as the accepted maximum for safe usage. TJunnction though is much higher.

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!