New Keyboard For My Birthday

So as the title explains, I need a new keyboard for my birthday. I have been using the same Razer Blackwidow X Chroma for about 2 years now and I have so many problems with it. The function key is broken off and so is one of the stands on the back. I really like the look and sound of cherry mx brown switched. I like the Logitech G710+ on the LTT channel but they have been discontinued. I was looking at the Corsair ones but have been holding off for a bit due to the prices. If anyone has any advice I would love some!

Thanks

If you want MX Blues, You should get the HyperX Alloy FPS. I got mine around $75. Good keyboard if red LEDs suite you.

I'm gonna go find my own tech support...

with BLACKJACK and HOOKERS!

(Welcome to LTT Forums)

18 hours ago, seon123 said:

Do you have a budget and a preferred form factor? 

Uh a budget of 200 or less and i have to have a keypad

18 hours ago, LukeTheCoder05 said:

If you want MX Blues, You should get the HyperX Alloy FPS. I got mine around $75. Good keyboard if red LEDs suite you.

alright I think my local best buy has a display out with that keyboard

Since you like Cherry MX Browns and your budget is around 200, I would recommend the Corsair k95 Platinum. It's full-sized, great build quality, and comes equipped with macro keys and full, customizable RGB lighting. If you don't want to spend that close to your budget, go for the Ducky One 2 mini with cherry MX blue or whichever switch type you want. Many people got this keyboard just because tfue uses it and that is no reason to buy a keyboard. However, this keyboard is one of the top-rated mechanical keyboards in the market so I am not hesitant in recommending this to you. In fact, I myself am considering getting one of these. With the phenomenal build quality, rgb backlighting, and double-shot PBT keycaps, whats not to like?

Current PC (Second Build) : CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 (OC @3.8GHz, sometimes pushed to 4GHz) RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-2666 (OC @2733Mhz, sometimes pushed to 2800 for testing purposes)   GPU: PowerColor Radeon RX570 8gb MOBO: ASRock B450m Pro4 SSD: Inland 120gb HDD: 1tb Seagate Barracuda PSU: Cooler Master Masterwatt 500w Lite Case: NZXT H500 OS: Arch Linux+ KDE Plasma [Desktop Environment] & Windows 10 Pro [Broken due to grub 50% of the time]

Accessories: Mouse: Alienware AW958 Elite Keyboard: Corsair K63 Wireless  Headphones: Samsung Level On Pro

Phone (waiting on arrival): Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Corsair K95 Platinum or K70 MK.2 are going to be the two options from Corsair with Cherry MX Brown Switches.  Feature wise, both are almost identical with aluminum chassis, hardware playback (onboard profile storage), per key lighting and remaps, and USB pass through.  K95 Platinum has more lighting zones for the top bar, dedicated G-Keys, and a soft touch/textured reversible wrist rest.  Let me know if you have any questions or are looking for any other specific features.

Looking for more details about a product, or experiencing technical issues?  Visit our support page below, and one of our Technical Support staff can help you out:

https://support.corsair.com/

I will recommend the Leopold FC980M or FC900R for your needs. Those 2 keyboards are extremely well built, with 1.5mm doubleshot PBT keycaps, as well as dampening foam in the case and a nice, moderately thick PBT chassis.

@ImAyaanKhan

Ducky has been a bit overhyped due to the tfue thing, but they are far superior to most other RGB keyboards, including the K95 RGB Platinum you recommended. The Ducky has overall better quality with its keycaps, build, and stabilizers being overall better. That being said, if you didn't need RGB, I would recommend either the FC980M or the FC900R as they are EXTREMELY good for the price and pretty amazing overall. 

On 4/16/2019 at 4:22 PM, Corsair Nick said:

Corsair K95 Platinum or K70 MK.2 are going to be the two options from Corsair with Cherry MX Brown Switches.  Feature wise, both are almost identical with aluminum chassis, hardware playback (onboard profile storage), per key lighting and remaps, and USB pass through.  K95 Platinum has more lighting zones for the top bar, dedicated G-Keys, and a soft touch/textured reversible wrist rest.  Let me know if you have any questions or are looking for any other specific features.

sorry i haven't looked at the thread in a couple day but in that time my uncle bought me a Red Dragon K556 RGB. If I had the ultimate choice and the budget I would've bought the K95 for the macros and the wrist rest but I am pretty happy with this keyboard. (I also never imagined that someone from Corsair would reply, if you want to send me a K95 I'll burn the red dragon :)))

No worries, and congrats on getting a new keyboard.  A good portion of the employees are enthusiast like all of you, so no lurking here haha.

Looking for more details about a product, or experiencing technical issues?  Visit our support page below, and one of our Technical Support staff can help you out:

https://support.corsair.com/