Help with my Huawei damage and warranty

NecroFlex

So i've had my Huawei Honor 9 for a little over a year now, great phone, i'd say it's a solid phone, but i'd be partly lying.

I've had an issue with it, the front screen and back cover started glueing off, wasn't sure why at first, then i saw the phone was slightly bent, which is probably the cause of the front and back coming off.

In any case, i wasn't sure how that could have happened, had it in a protective case almost since i got it (first month i didn't have a case) and i had a protective glass on the screen.

I'm not perfect, i had my phone fall a few times, but it was always on its back and the cover protected it, nothing serious in general happened to the phone tho, so it baffled me why it got bent.

Googled around a bit and saw i'm not alone, saw quite a few posts here and there talking about their phone bending and the front and back coming off, different models, but all of them Huawei.

Thought it was something that can happen, cut costs in some areas make the phones cheaper for buying. No problem i'll just go to my Huawei service center (Slovenia) and i'll get it sorted out.

...Yeap, not sorted out, they claim it's a ''mechanical fault'' (literal translation, hope it's right) and it's not covered under warranty. I asked them how, i had it in my cover and it was in my front pocket when i had it on me. They said it could have been because it was in my pocket, that it can happen...i tell them i've had Samsung and LG phones, the Note 1 for example, big phone, just about fit in my pocket, had it for 3 years, no bending whatsoever. They said the repair cost would be 172€, they'd be replacing basically everything except the main board.

So yeah, overall trying to scam me over, nothing new. I came here for help because contacting Huawei support forwards me to our Slovenian support, which is pretty much useless.

Is there anything i can do? I doubt this ''just'' happens because it was in my pocket, i'd expect this from some knock-off 50€ phone, but not from a company as big as Huawei. This feels more like a manufacturing defect than a mechanical fault.

Any suggestions?

If they're not going to cover it under warranty, bad luck mate.

The only thing you can really do is focus your efforts on what actually is covered by your warranty, and what your legal rights are on the issue. In the UK for example, you can get your item fixed, or a partial refund providing the device hasn't performed as expected for up to 6 years after the initial purchase. Of course, this depends on the company's interpretation of the law but you can see how it goes.

21 minutes ago, Mug said:

If they're not going to cover it under warranty, bad luck mate.

The only thing you can really do is focus your efforts on what actually is covered by your warranty, and what your legal rights are on the issue. In the UK for example, you can get your item fixed, or a partial refund providing the device hasn't performed as expected for up to 6 years after the initial purchase. Of course, this depends on the company's interpretation of the law but you can see how it goes.

This isn't the only issue so i could go with that.

The mobile internet kept disconnecting at times, needing a reboot to fix, MMS weren't downloading at all, few small details aswell but i doubt that can be used against them as much, i have a few friends on the legal side, i'll see what they say about this.

But in the future, gonna stick with Samsung or some other company that actually isn't going to rip you off...that much :P