My two new backups servers. 65 TB on ReFS 64K each.

FlintB
3 minutes ago, scottyseng said:

Oh, that's nice. I hope ReFS works for you. I'm still too scared to try it.

What don't you like about refs? I like using it, but there are some limitations that keep me from using it on many of my servers(can't be booted from, no quotas, some programs like wsus needs ntfs)

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

What don't you like about refs? I like using it, but there are some limitations that keep me from using it on many of my servers(can't be booted from, no quotas, some programs like wsus needs ntfs)

Hmm, I have nothing against it, but I keep seeing horror stories about how it shouldn't be used in production yet (like arrays going screwy). I'm still debating between NTFS and ReFS for the new RAID6 array I'll be building. It's just file storage.

22 minutes ago, scottyseng said:

Hmm, I have nothing against it, but I keep seeing horror stories about how it shouldn't be used in production yet (like arrays going screwy). I'm still debating between NTFS and ReFS for the new RAID6 array I'll be building. It's just file storage.

I'm using Veeam for backing up my VMs. ReFS is AMAZING with Veeam! I check with Veeam before ordering my equipment and they told me there were some issues with ReFS early on but they haven't seen any issues in quite some time and recommend they're customers use it. That said, do whatever is best in your case. For reference, here's why ReFS is incredibly beneficial for me: 

https://www.veeam.com/blog/advanced-refs-integration-coming-veeam-availability-suite.html

2 hours ago, FlintB said:

I'm using Veeam for backing up my VMs. ReFS is AMAZING with Veeam! I check with Veeam before ordering my equipment and they told me there were some issues with ReFS early on but they haven't seen any issues in quite some time and recommend they're customers use it. That said, do whatever is best in your case. For reference, here's why ReFS is incredibly beneficial for me: 

https://www.veeam.com/blog/advanced-refs-integration-coming-veeam-availability-suite.html

Yep, Veeam recommendation for new installs for a while now has been ReFS. The meta data capabilities in ReFS are perfect for backups, no complicated dedup databases that need hundreds of thousands of IOPs.