Looking for a PC for 1080p max settings 60fps on AAA games

eman1000
Go to solution Solved by jerubedo,
10 minutes ago, eman1000 said:

This looks great. So basically for strictly gaming (and without oc since I'm a noob), the 9600k will give me the best value over an i7 and the 2600x? The only thing is it's about $140 more to have a 9600k over a 2600x, but if it's better than it's worth it.

Edit: Also, does it matter if I get this case instead: NZXT - H500 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case

I just like how it looks more and I don't care for RGB

That case is just fine. For the CPU, if you won't OC then I'd shift over to the 9400F for a lot cheaper. Much better value. It still beats the 2600x, but instead of being $140 more, it's $10 more (which is definitely worth the extra performance). Here's a revised build based on your feedback and with the tower you chose:

Noob here, trying to get a PC that I can first and foremost place GTAV Online at 1080p 60fps max settings. I've done a ton of research and came to a few options, however I am always open to others. (I prefer not to spend more than $1500)

1. Alienware Aurora R7 - https://www.amazon.com/Alienware-Gaming-PC-Desktop-Aurora/dp/B076BHG74V

2. iBUYPOWER - https://amzn.to/2UxsAOA

3. Dell XPS (not sure on spec options) - http://wild.link/dell/AImeDA

Basically, this is where my research has led me with prebuilt and what specs I should look for. I am also considering building a PC as a first timer, but I'd just like to know if any of these prebuilt options would get the job done first. Thanks in advance.

2 minutes ago, eman1000 said:

I am also considering building a PC as a first timer

This is where you'll be pushed to by everyone on here, prebuilt's are fairly overpriced and cut corners where they can. For the same price, you can build a pretty great pc.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Noob here, trying to get a PC that I can first and foremost place GTAV Online at 1080p 60fps max settings. I've done a ton of research and came to a few options, however I am always open to others. (I prefer not to spend more than $1500)

1. Alienware Aurora R7 - https://www.amazon.com/Alienware-Gaming-PC-Desktop-Aurora/dp/B076BHG74V

2. iBUYPOWER - https://amzn.to/2UxsAOA

3. Dell XPS (not sure on spec options) - http://wild.link/dell/AImeDA

Basically, this is where my research has led me with prebuilt and what specs I should look for. I am also considering building a PC as a first timer, but I'd just like to know if any of these prebuilt options would get the job done first. Thanks in advance.

I would highly suggest building your own, it's really not that difficult and will get you much better value. Its actually really fun to make them just look up on youtube how to make one and you should be good. People on the fourums will gladely help you

Also all of those prebuilts are wayy overpriced for 1080p 60fps, you could easily spend $700 bucks on one for that

1 minute ago, Happycowdance said:

I saw a deal a little bit ago where it was some alienware with an i7 and 1660ti for under 1000 

https://www.pcmag.com/news/367716/save-730-on-alienwares-nvidia-gaming-pc-with-gtx-1660-ti

but building it yourself is generally a better idea

A 1660ti machine is listed at 1700$? What a waste..

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

It says the code is no longer available, looks like that went fast but thanks anyways lol

Guys I know building is an option but I just want to know if these PCs will let me play GTAV at max settings 1080p 60fps and which option is best, please

1 minute ago, DustierDolphin said:

I really don't know what I'm looking at but I'd prefer to stick with Intel/Nvidia (why the heck is AMD so cheap?)

Just now, eman1000 said:

I really don't know what I'm looking at but I'd prefer to stick with Intel/Nvidia (why the heck is AMD so cheap?)

AMD is much better for value these days, for better value and budget suff they are much better

Just now, eman1000 said:

Guys I know building is an option but I just want to know if these PCs will let me play GTAV at max settings 1080p 60fps and which option is best, please

$1500 PCs will be overkill for that.

2 minutes ago, DustierDolphin said:

Like heres one for half that that will crush that

This PC is crushed by all the ones listed, it's a decent step down even though the value is a lot better.

1 minute ago, eman1000 said:

AMD is cheaper than Intel because Intel is facing a shortage, the minuscule improvement Intel has over AMD is not warranted by the price tag so Intel's not worth it, Nvidia is more expensive than AMD because they've got more brand recognition, even though the RX 580 matches the 1060 in performance for less money and the RX 570 beats the 1050 ti for the same price.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

My budget is $1500 so I would be willing to pay more for Intel/Nvidia if I'm going the building route

1 minute ago, eman1000 said:

My budget is $1500 so I would be willing to pay more for Intel/Nvidia if I'm going the building routeI guess no one's gonna tell me if any of these prebuilts are good... *sigh*

I would move this to the Prebuilts columm. Also this is a website for people for techies so what did you expect? There really is not reason to spend that much on computers for that price. Do not spend more than a thousand for that unless your gonna upgrade to a better monitor.

4 minutes ago, eman1000 said:

My budget is $1500 so I would be willing to pay more for Intel/Nvidia if I'm going the building route

If you're spending that much, do yourself a favor a get a decent monitor above 1080p 60hz (Which I've included in the list)

I would move this to the Prebuilts columm. Also this is a website for people for techies so what did you expect? There really is not reason to spend that much on computers for that price. Do not spend more than a thousand for that unless your gonna upgrade to a better monitor.

Where's the prebuilts column? I understand this is a techy site, that's why I was looking for advice on prebuilts. I also understand building is better value, but if it's just a couple hundred dollars and I can save myself the headache and assure out of the box quality, I would be willing to spend a bit more.

4 minutes ago, Slottr said:

If you're spending that much, do yourself a favor a get a decent monitor above 1080p 60hz (Which I've included in the list)

That actually looks like really good value... way better than I thought, especially since it includes the monitor... however, would you recommend swapping the i5 for an i7-8700 and the 1660 for a 1070 or 1080 or something like that? I would like to futureproof my PC as much as possible, but I don't know if this would require other build components to change or if it's even a good change in the first place

Just now, eman1000 said:

That actually looks like really good value... way better than I thought actually, especially since it includes the monitor... however, would you recommend swapping the i5 for an i7-8700 and the 1660 for a 1070 or 1080? I would like to futureproof my PC as much as possible, but I don't know if this would require other build components to change or if it's even a good change in the first place

So theres a few notes I wanna make on what you said:

- Futureproofing is kind of a placebo, it doesnt exist. Get what runs well right now, and down the line with newer software and stuff if you see you need an upgrade you can do it.

- If you want to spend the extra pretty penny for an 8700, go for it, but for this type of pc I really wouldnt surpass the 9600

- 1660ti is on par with a 1070, it will run 1080/144hz perfectly fine

1 minute ago, Slottr said:

So theres a few notes I wanna make on what you said:

- Futureproofing is kind of a placebo, it doesnt exist. Get what runs well right now, and down the line with newer software and stuff if you see you need an upgrade you can do it.

- If you want to spend the extra pretty penny for an 8700, go for it, but for this type of pc I really wouldnt surpass the 9600

- 1660ti is on par with a 1070, it will run 1080/144hz perfectly fine

Great, I'll take your word for it. Does this hold true accounting for the lack of optimization of GTA online (and specifically online) though?

I made a few changes, mainly making the CPU a locked processor as I don't beleive that you will be overclocking, and changed the CPU to a RTX 2060 (which is about the speed of a 1070 ti) Also just changed the SSD and Power Supply

Great, I'll take your word for it. Does this hold true accounting for the lack of optimization of GTA online (and specifically online) though?

I've heard about some weird things with GTA, I haven't played it on pc myself but I'm sure it will run just fine. You'll definitely at least be hitting 60fps. 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant I made a few changes, mainly making the CPU a locked processor as I don't beleive that you will be overclocking, and changed the CPU to a RTX 2060 (which is about the speed of a 1070 ti) Also just changed the SSD and Power Supply

Wow a 2060, cool beans

Do you think a 9400f will be enough? I'd prefer to go with a higher i5 (unless F means locked or something)

Just now, eman1000 said:

Wow a 2060, cool beans

Do you think a 9400f will be enough? I'd prefer to go with a higher i5 (unless F means locked or something)

F just means theres no integrated graphics, which you won't care about. You should be completely fine unless you have intentions to overclock. tbh I would really suggest a Ryzen though as it is just so much better value at this price point 

Well I think I've been brought around to building a PC, thanks for the help folks

I'll certainly look into learning how to build a PC considering the value and experience it offers

Wow, that is pretty magical at that price point - and 1440p! (but still would prefer intel if at all possible...)