Corsair 1000D with a single Eatx?

GAMINGGUY

So the 1000d case was designed to be able to hold an eatx and micro atx motherboard so you can have two systems in one case. Would it be ridiculous to put a single eatx mb (specifically z390 waterforce) inside this case?

no, although I'd recommend the Thermaltake tower 900 for a single system build.

Just now, Firewrath9 said:

no, although I'd recommend the Thermaltake tower 900 for a single system build.

Ok, I really like the look of the 1000D though, and I am planning on doing a custom waterloop. And the cooling options for it is great. I could have 4 480 mm radiators.

Just now, GAMINGGUY said:

I could have 4 480 mm radiators.

Whatever floats your boat my guy. I'm personally satisfied with two 360mm rads, which are technically overkill for the system I'm planning. 

If you dont mind the extra size and you like it, it's a good case.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

11 minutes ago, GAMINGGUY said:

specifically z390 waterforce

that's a lot of money... with or without the pre-binned 9900k?

8 minutes ago, GAMINGGUY said:

Ok, I really like the look of the 1000D though, and I am planning on doing a custom waterloop. And the cooling options for it is great. I could have 4 480 mm radiators.

yup, but you'll need a new top rad, as default its a 3x140.

The tower 900 is only 220$, and can have a pair of quad 140s, and a 360.

On 4/11/2019 at 3:31 PM, TVwazhere said:

Whatever floats your boat my guy. I'm personally satisfied with two 360mm rads, which are technically overkill for the system I'm planning. 

If you dont mind the extra size and you like it, it's a good case.

Alright, thanks man!

On 4/11/2019 at 3:36 PM, LukeSavenije said:

that's a lot of money... with or without the pre-binned 9900k?

Without, and I don't mind the price. This PC will help me make money, I do photography and videography and I need a good editing pc. I wanna make extra money and save up while I'm young.  :))

On 4/11/2019 at 3:39 PM, Firewrath9 said:

yup, but you'll need a new top rad, as default its a 3x140.

The tower 900 is only 220$, and can have a pair of quad 140s, and a 360.

I don't mind getting a new top radiator, I will look into the tower case a little more tho.

On 4/11/2019 at 4:10 PM, GAMINGGUY said:

I don't mind getting a new top radiator, I will look into the tower case a little more tho.

top rad mount I mean.

On 4/11/2019 at 4:09 PM, GAMINGGUY said:

Without, and I don't mind the price. This PC will help me make money, I do photography and videography and I need a good editing pc. I wanna make extra money and save up while I'm young.  :))

you make enough money to get a 5000$ build?

On 4/11/2019 at 4:18 PM, Firewrath9 said:

you make enough money to get a 5000$ build?

I sell photography and videography. Of course, I will have to sell my current build (GTX 1080 i7 6700k 32Gb Ram) to meet the price range.

On 4/11/2019 at 2:21 PM, GAMINGGUY said:

I sell photography and videography. Of course, I will have to sell my current build (GTX 1080 i7 6700k 32Gb Ram) to meet the price range.

Love the ambition, and want to see this build when it gets done.  Reminds me of when I was your age doing system builds for friends and family.

It's not a ridiculous idea to run just a single system in the 1000D, because you can always add the mITX setup later when you need it.  Judging from your comments, it sounds like you have an idea of how you want to build the case.  A lot of freedom to customize the loop and components the way you want.

Looking for more details about a product, or experiencing technical issues?  Visit our support page below, and one of our Technical Support staff can help you out:

https://support.corsair.com/

On 4/12/2019 at 4:36 PM, Corsair Nick said:

Love the ambition, and want to see this build when it gets done.  Reminds me of when I was your age doing system builds for friends and family.

It's not a ridiculous idea to run just a single system in the 1000D, because you can always add the mITX setup later when you need it.  Judging from your comments, it sounds like you have an idea of how you want to build the case.  A lot of freedom to customize the loop and components the way you want.

Ok cool, yeah I am planning on doing a full custom waterloop. With 4 480mm radiators. It may sound crazy but I think it will be fun :)))

15 hours ago, GAMINGGUY said:

Ok cool, yeah I am planning on doing a full custom waterloop. With 4 480mm radiators. It may sound crazy but I think it will be fun :)))

If you need any ideas, watch Pauls Hardware's videos on Riptide

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25