how do i find the best phone? + questions

win10user10

first, how do android os updates help you in your life?

to know this, we need to know which android updates in the recent 2-3 years has helped you, and how exactly had they have helped you?
if not helpful, we can then look into non-andorid one phones

if helpful, then we can check here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_One#2019

second, do android os updates help you the most in your life? what about a phone helps you the most in your life?

• ?
  • seems like is in the top 3
  • software + os for desktop/laptop are extremely extremely important
    • but the problems with phones is that they appear to introduce more problems than any significant benefits

how often does android update? looks pretty random
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_version_history#Android_9.0_Pie_(API_28)

this means cant predict the near-future or anything (that's a problem)

• in last 2-3 years, average updates looks like once a year,
  • so that means android one phones would get 1-2 updates on average

what are the os update history of android one companies? does the update history show they actually update in a timely manner?

• ?
  • doesnt seem like they do

the main beneficial use of a ?droid phone - i think would be mapping

• i cant think of anything else that would be helpful or worthwhile when it comes to a phone

where to find a full list of phones with dual gps chips? and how exactly does the accuracy benefit or help you in your life?

many phones has the basic needs of a phone, so the best phone would be the low-cost option

• but a phone also has excessive & 'extra' features, but do any of them help me in my life?
  • if they do, what are those 'extra' features, and how exactly do they help me?

if any one of the phones from a big company is best,
then that tells us that the existence of leading company = better options

the best phone would be the:

• updated / latest
  • low-cost option

notes

i cant think of any good phone forums or sites on the entire web, so just posting on a mainly computer hardware site

this is top 3 for sure in my worst threads ever list... what even... nothing is even remotely coherent, im not even sure if you are asking for phone advice or trying to advice phones lmfao

*edit*

<content removed>

Edited by SansVarnic
Content Removed

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

If this isn't trolling thread like it sounds, I will first try to "answer" if thats what this would be for. And then bash you for writing nonsense if not.

2 hours ago, win10user10 said:

They don't. Updates to OS are really meaningless.

second, do android os updates help you the most in your life? what about a phone helps you the most in your life?

• seems like is in the top 3
  • software + os for desktop/laptop are extremely extremely important
    • but the problems with phones is that they appear to introduce more problems than any significant benefits

They are phones... You talk to your friends and family with them. Or do business by calling. You can send TEXT MESSAGES if you don't want to talk directly. You can browse internet, you can send email, you can listen to music. Phone can act as you clock or alarm clock. Those are basic functions that have been available for past 10 years. And it fits to your pocket. That feature has been available for past 25 years.

And what does that have to do with updates? Updates are to keep security sharp and fix any stability issues. Mainly.

how often does android update? looks pretty random
this means cant predict the near-future or anything (that's a problem)

• in last 2-3 years, average updates looks like once a year,
  • so that means android one phones would get 1-2 updates on average

No software company has regular updates. Things don't work like that. They release new version when its ready to be deployed. With open-source that can be daily, bi-daily, weekly etc., depending on how big update is. And why would that matter for phone to pick? Hardware expires long before updates stop.

what are the os update history of android one companies? does the update history show they actually update in a timely manner?

What? Why would you need to know that? If you want updates as they are ready, you get phone thats using pure Android. Simple as that.

• i cant think of anything else that would be helpful or worthwhile when it comes to a phone

Mapping of what? Phones are worthless for actual land surveying as they aren't accurate enough. We deal with millimeter scale at best and 10cm at worst.

where to find a full list of phones with dual gps chips? and how exactly does the accuracy benefit or help you in your life?

Accuracy will only aid in places where signal could be weak otherwise. So rural areas, tightly built areas, thick woods, places near poles etc.

many phones has the basic needs of a phone, so the best phone would be the low-cost option

• but a phone also has excessive & 'extra' features, but do any of them help me in my life?
  • if they do, what are those 'extra' features, and how exactly do they help me?

Those questions are something you need to first know the answer and after that look out for phone that can deliver most or all that you need. Then pick cheapest of that.

i cant think of any good phone forums or sites on the entire web, so just posting on a mainly computer hardware site

Just google "Android forum"...

---

Now, was this for you to ask questions or are you trying to write blog post or member guide? If its either of two latter ones, we do have Test Posts section for doing that. Reserving posts is always frowned upon unless you are owner of forum or otherwise in high position. Editing your actual post and adding spoilers for older content is much better. Either way, did you read this through before posting? Its really hard to make sense about.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

My understanding is this thread is a quide to help people find a new phone, at least that's my understanding when it was linked in the thread I have going: 

16 hours ago, Lord Letto said:

My understanding is this thread is a quide to help people find a new phone, at least that's my understanding when it was linked in the thread I have going: 

This is very poorly written and missing A LOT of information to do that. Too much concentration about OS and OS updates which are minor issues when choosing anything.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

20 hours ago, win10user10 said:

OS updates does nothing, and no one cares!

You CANNOT judge a android phone becoz it has poor OS.

eg OPPO phones have great specs but pre-installed with worst OS I have ever seen. this doesnt make it a bad phone & people will just install custom roms