Assange arrested

@Master Disaster dont you think its quite different to publish private company documents vs government covered war crimes?

MSI GX660 + i7 920XM @ 2.8GHz + GTX 970M + Samsung SSD 830 256GB

i read he lost the asylum because wikileaks published some fuckery of ecuadorian presidents family. i wouldnt be surprised if US uploaded the leaks to get him out

MSI GX660 + i7 920XM @ 2.8GHz + GTX 970M + Samsung SSD 830 256GB

1 hour ago, Delicieuxz said:

Stealing documents is a crime. However, releasing them after having received them from someone who stole them is not a crime.

Unless of course there are messages from Assange to the moron who stole them urging him to do so.

It's the UK and he faces possible deportation to the US, whatever will he do.......

Claim to suffer from Asperger's!

Seems to get everyone else off the hook, why not give it a try

2 hours ago, RejZoR said:

They'll get him convicted. They'll make shit up for as long as it takes until they bring him down through legal channels. UK is pretty much a dictator state at this point given how they are behaving for the last several years.

Well, if they extradite him to the US first, and he sees trial in the next four years, and Trump gets a second term, I think that there is a higher than usual chance that he could get a pardon, in which case we wouldn't extradite him back to the UK.

The trick now is for him to survive until trial in the US, which might be relatively hard given the people that he's pissed off.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

2 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

A sad day for Journalism and the west...

He should never have gone to the UK.

Should've gone to russia like Snowden

23 minutes ago, Ethariel01 said:

It's the UK and he faces possible deportation to the US, whatever will he do.......

Converting to Islam (not that I'd recommend it) could be a good idea in the UK right now.

That might increase his chance of survival 100 fold or more.

Maybe he could get free the next day if he did that.

Not that I wished for it or recommended it.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

Apparently he was a bad houseguest, and broke multiple rules Ecuador set in terms of his asylum request. 8 days ago the Ecuadorian president complained of his continued hacktivism and his terrible house manners, also coincidentally WL published papers that suggested Moreno's involvement in a Panama offshore account.

I really don't care at this point. Nigel Farage had been linked to him. And the country who carried out a poison gas assassination in my country has been speaking out against his arrest, bemoaning the loss of democratic values such as FOI and protected press. (Russia btw - where journalists and whistleblowers like Assange routinely die of self inflicted gunshot wounds to the back of the head). It's all a pot of corruption, hypocrisy and intrigue,  the only entity innocent here is Assange's fucking cat.

Hopefully we don't bow down to the US and extradite. A British jail is probably the safest place for him to be in.

Edit; the cat

Spoiler

Image result for assange's cat

1 minute ago, Dogeystyle said:

Apparently he was a bad houseguest, and broke multiple rules Ecuador set in terms of his asylum request. 8 days ago the Ecuadorian president complained of his continued hacktivism and his terrible house manners, also coincidentally WL published papers that suggested Moreno's involvement in a Panama offshore account.

I really don't care at this point. Nigel Farage had been linked to him. And the country who carried out a poison gas assassination in my country has been speaking out against his arrest, bemoaning the loss of democratic values such as FOI and protected press. (Russia btw - where journalists and whistleblowers like Assange routinely die of self inflicted gunshot wounds to the back of the head). It's all a pot of corruption, hypocrisy and intrigue,  the only entity innocent here is Assange's fucking cat.

Hopefully we don't bow down to the US and extradite. A British jail is probably the safest place for him to be in.

Though lets be honest, if you're closed in a building for 7 years, you'd probably also become a grumpy asshole.

5 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

Though lets be honest, if you're closed in a building for 7 years, you'd probably also become a grumpy asshole.

look at the incels, this man is right

Regarding extradition, the Uk has a unilateral extradition treaty with the US. UIf they want someone extradited the british government and courts won't stop them basically. It will likely take quite a while for the legal process to play out but it's effectively a done deal at this point given what's happened previously.

Wikileaks did uncover some very bad facts about the US, but they did it illegally.

If my answer got you to your solution make sure to 'Mark Resolved!
( / . _ . / )

I love how "liberal" media release their "opinion" pieces now, stating that this was all Trump's fault. I can see quite a lot of wrongdoing here, especially by the UK and Ecuador's new asshole president. But Trump...? Oh my.

Write in C.

Can someone actually explain exactly what US laws he's supposed to have broken btw. I've never been very clear on that. AFAIK he's neither a US citizen nor as he a resident i the US. That means the US law should have no power over him, he's outside their jurisdiction and therefore is not subject to their laws...

3 hours ago, RejZoR said:

They'll get him convicted. They'll make shit up for as long as it takes until they bring him down through legal channels.

Convicted of what? The UK's beef against Assange is fleeing arrest from a sexual assault accusation in Sweden. He did flee arrest during that time. That isn't made up.

UK is pretty much a dictator state at this point given how they are behaving for the last several years

In this context, you're categorically wrong. Sometimes I wish though, we wouldn't have this nonsense we're dealing with now if we'd had some dictator mentality to override that massive 4% majority that got us here "for the last several years".

Why do I bring this up? Well, the anti-democratic Investigatory Powers Act 2016 aka The Snooper's Charter had been deemed by the High Court to be unlawful and in violation of EU law. You can bet your ass MPs will try and push it through again when we're out and EU law won't block it.  IPA 2016 was pushed initially by none other than Theresa May, who is an elected member of government. Democracy eh?

Since Assange's hands are in so deep, the Crown Court (same level as the High Court) will deal with Assange's case and I anticipate him to appeal at every opportunity. The Crown Court doesn't 'make shit up'. Right now he's found guilty of failing to surrender when he seeked asylum in Ecuador in the context of Assange v Sweden. 

Now to Assange v USA

Our justice system will know that extraditing Assange to the US will be virtually signing his death warrant and condemning him to hang. Just so you know, capital punishment is also against EU law.

In case you think my faith in the Crown Court re. extradition is misplaced: https://www.theguardian.com/law/2018/feb/05/hacking-suspect-lauri-love-wins-appeal-against-extradition-to-us

Sequal assault was made up, so he wasn't actually fleeing from anything. If he didn't, he sure as hell convicted him for made up rape which just so happen conveniently emerged at the time. What a chance aye?

4 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

Shame really, while I don't agree with his methods what he did was pretty necessary.

I guess he accepted the risks... here's hoping for a humane sentence.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I guess his usefulness dried up : (

Phone 1 (Daily Driver): Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G

Phone 2 (Work): Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 256gb

Laptop 1 (Production): 16" MBP2019, i7, 5500M, 32GB DDR4, 2TB SSD

Laptop 2 (Gaming): Toshiba Qosmio X875, i7 3630QM, GTX 670M, 16GB DDR3

Man I hope that Londoners feel vindicated now in spending the millions of pounds they have spent surveilling this guy for 7 years just to arrest him "on behalf of the US"...

American Civil Liberties Union says Assange’s prosecution would be ‘unconstitutional’ & may backfire on US journalists

NEW YORK — London authorities today arrested WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange in relation to an extradition warrant on behalf of U.S. authorities.

Ben Wizner, director of the American Civil Liberties Union’s Speech, Privacy, and Technology Project, issued the following comment in response:

“Any prosecution by the United States of Mr. Assange for Wikileaks’ publishing operations would be unprecedented and unconstitutional, and would open the door to criminal investigations of other news organizations. Moreover, prosecuting a foreign publisher for violating U.S. secrecy laws would set an especially dangerous precedent for U.S. journalists, who routinely violate foreign secrecy laws to deliver information vital to the public's interest.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

1 minute ago, Delicieuxz said:

“Any prosecution by the United States of Mr. Assange for Wikileaks’ publishing operations would be unprecedented and unconstitutional, and would open the door to criminal investigations of other news organizations. Moreover, prosecuting a foreign publisher for violating U.S. secrecy laws would set an especially dangerous precedent for U.S. journalists, who routinely violate foreign secrecy laws to deliver information vital to the public's interest.

So we now know the true reason for this dog and pony show...This goes hand in hand with the demonization of the media by the government these days so it will definitely help them set a precedent towards silencing opinions they don't like. Also I just want to point out that this is NOT just a "Trump" thing, any precedent that comes out of this will definitely be used by future administrations whether they be Republican or Democrat. Once power is obtained it is most certainly used...