cheaper monitor, good pixel response?

Before i go into it, I'm sure there is a thread on this somewhere in the forum but i don't wanna go through 20 pages.

ATM i am using a cheap AF Samsung curved monitor, but the pixel response is sooo bad! 60fps with lots of ghosting. 

I'm looking for a new one, with better pixel response. something under 300$. 1080p, 60fps or even more. My rig isn't godly so 144fps may be pushing it. maybe 120fps is reachable with most games i play though.

FYI: I play Apex, league of legends, destiny 2 (sometimes), and some other shooters. 

5 minutes ago, Donnabis said:

Before i go into it, I'm sure there is a thread on this somewhere in the forum but i don't wanna go through 20 pages.

ATM i am using a cheap AF Samsung curved monitor, but the pixel response is sooo bad! 60fps with lots of ghosting. 

I'm looking for a new one, with better pixel response. something under 300$. 1080p, 60fps or even more. My rig isn't godly so 144fps may be pushing it. maybe 120fps is reachable with most games i play though.

FYI: I play Apex, league of legends, destiny 2 (sometimes), and some other shooters. 

are you ok, with tn pannels?

THIS IS MY SIGNATURE

27 minutes ago, Donnabis said:

I have both the LG 34UM68-P and 2x LG 27MP68HM-P. Both models run 60Hz default and are both IPS. I have them overclocked to 75Hz and this is absolutely fine. I've never noticed any ghosting whatsoever. I must admit that I normally don't game on either of the 27" but I do watch movies and other videos on them, would have noticed something if it was ghosting. When moving the cursor around the trail is really short maybe not compared to a 144Hz, 1ms panel but I'm happy. I would defiantly check them out. I know they are a bit older so you might have a hard time finding them for the right price.

Make sure to Mark solved, makes it much easier for someone who finds the topic with the same problem to find the solution!

Disclaimer: anything I say might be wrong, I'm just a human being and can make mistakes. Do your own research!

Make sure to quote me so I get a notification, can't help you if I don't get a notification...

29 minutes ago, Donnabis said:

just buy any of the 1080p 144hz free-sync displays

you could also try changing overdrive or some other setting in your current monitor to get rid of ghosting.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

18 hours ago, Streetguru said:

just buy any of the 1080p 144hz free-sync displays

you could also try changing overdrive or some other setting in your current monitor to get rid of ghosting.

Im not sure how to do that. Ill look into it though.

18 hours ago, Srijan Verma said:

are you ok, with tn pannels?

Never had one so im not sure. I dont use my pc for anything but gaming and watching youtube. 

I got the aoc g2590fx monitor and it’s been great so far. Cost me $199 for a 24.5 inch freesync 1080p 144hz tn panel. It’s on the nvidia g sync compatible list and works great with my rtx2060. 

Really good monitor for cheap 

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

You could try the 'LG 24mp59ht'. I currently use it. It's 1080p, 24", and it has a 75hz refresh rate (1/5ms response time). It also has the ability to be overclocked so you could get it close to 80/90hz.

5 hours ago, Donnabis said:

Im not sure how to do that. Ill look into it though.

It might be called something else in that monitor
https://www.blurbusters.com/faq/lcd-overdrive-artifacts/

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, Donnabis said:

the max it will overclock to is 74hz, but i have it at 70 because it seemed like a better number lol its a little better but only a little.

Did you always have it overclocked? Because that's likely to cause issues.

And that's not what overdrive is

Spoiler

On 4/12/2019 at 10:36 PM, Streetguru said:

Did you always have it overclocked? Because that's likely to cause issues.

And that's not what overdrive is

iv had it at 73hz since i figured out how to do it. im not sure what over drive is lol 

On 4/14/2019 at 7:08 PM, Donnabis said:

iv had it at 73hz since i figured out how to do it. im not sure what over drive is lol 

Overdrive is a monitor feature that gets rid of ghosting, should be the same thing as low motion blur options.

It'll be somewhere in your monitor's onboard settings if your model has it

https://www.blurbusters.com/faq/motion-blur-reduction/

On 4/11/2019 at 9:37 PM, Streetguru said:

It might be called something else in that monitor
https://www.blurbusters.com/faq/lcd-overdrive-artifacts/

Spoiler