Cable Management?

CharminUltraStrong

Silly question but I can't figure out a good, cheap way to manage my countless cables. Mouse, Keyboard, Monitor Pass thru, Display port, 5 speaker wires for the surround sound connection, monitor power etc. For now I just hide everything behind my drapes and pretend that the rats nest isn't there and it works until I need to plug something into the second outlet...Then I start to gag because of the mess down there.

It seems like a simple task but the catch is...I have a tulip table. Nothing can screw into the table as it costs more than my rig (3,000$ or so) and I'd rather not hurt it it any way.

6ajKMHPc84afDR2UnZOewWeK4_O4SuyUFfRVY_UJmTsurMTF4QBF_pDlzJRns3b6N1IiDmCq-6ijpl2vL4BQaLG3hgLcaBZl65CaX6Nmqq9hXgo9ISyxZ9EFtSm8wPohRddKpDEjqtuUMVz0vEdG4KP-7TLPr6xbCudCit7qvrlBDsm4IxtWfJZUk23GD4tdAElHwpa8W2VgVCGQ-JopisyTw8mZEKk-M8e1GvUmbobjUrnzKlNv3g95r3u6n45EcXN7V28joFUsgOzdiAukliDsHfXXBz8FAM24uA7IJC_SQNCoWZNGQieFCo0pjnVqML-Hkpko1xgh8In9vtQSfNeV5_63QuEEC8ZV8TEirzGtqbNfsN0bFvQNzE5Cqmu5gLk7Wv1aGBjCQ0dqZY-Qk2M8FdCQrMyp9tT5CLF_UKpWrjuK2Y-Z6IH_P8hCbeLnUHuYjyeGZ57rMGfC7B1FXhzbNQhK_Zg_c4ZLVf6_BqyKwtibFD0Mw8UdqsmEbL0ocn07bhL6j67wfCv5gO4sOuOy51lWAmOQhTHJExqhaUk1kVys5LyjBlF2ISGjkDNfEFAQMQ-vR4RlNAUxvZ_zwcK86srZ-ZVLIdrfwtgeDvS3iGuLEoigbZgt0975ctfCnPA4nXRh9JTr3AjJhP3_i0qHowVmlPF7=w788-h943-no

The Louvre

Lian-Li PC-O11 DW   |   ZOTAC RTX 2080   |   Core i5 9600k   |   SeaSonic FOCUS Plus 650W Platinum   |   MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon  |  2x16Gb TRIDENT Z ROYAL  |   2xSX8200 240Gb NVME SSD's  |   1x Seagate Firecuda 1TB   |   EVGA Closed Loop Cooler 280mm   |   1x MSI MPG27C Monitor

why do you have a $3000 table... that just feels like really messed up priories

Anyway what about Velcro zip ties:

image.png.0ed23fa4f1128f3c8dbca5f0afeca17a.png

Fairly cheap and easy to use

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

11 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

very strange :| looks like a normal table, maybe he meant 300$?

Edit: no he said it costed more than his rig.....

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

29 minutes ago, _Syn_ said:

very strange :| looks like a normal table, maybe he meant 300$?
-snip-

40 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

-snip-

It was a gift, I wouldn't pay 3k for a table for myself, the only thing I purchased myself was that neato Herman Miller for IBM chair. Otherwise, priorities are straight. I do appreciate the velcro suggestion @Bananasplit_00 but my problem is actually hiding the cables.

The Louvre

Lian-Li PC-O11 DW   |   ZOTAC RTX 2080   |   Core i5 9600k   |   SeaSonic FOCUS Plus 650W Platinum   |   MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon  |  2x16Gb TRIDENT Z ROYAL  |   2xSX8200 240Gb NVME SSD's  |   1x Seagate Firecuda 1TB   |   EVGA Closed Loop Cooler 280mm   |   1x MSI MPG27C Monitor

3 minutes ago, CharminUltraStrong said:

It was a gift, I wouldn't pay 3k for a table for myself, the only thing I purchased myself was that neato Herman Miller for IBM chair. Otherwise, priorities are straight. I do appreciate the velcro suggestion @Bananasplit_00 but my problem is actually hiding the cables.

how about this then?:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cable-Management-Organizer-Neoprene-Cable-Cord-Wire-Cover-Hider-Sleeves-PC-TV-/283272440385?oid=282061348474

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

That's not too bad actually, I could actually hide everything in one bundle and it looks better than those nasty netted ones or AC insulation tubing. 

The Louvre

Just now, CharminUltraStrong said:

That's not too bad actually, I could actually hide everything in one bundle and it looks better than those nasty netted ones or AC insulation tubing. 

Yah was going to recommend some of that stuff when i found that, looks really neat, il probably get some once i move and can properly redo my setup

Builds:

Spoiler

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071RGCJLT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I personally have these for both my work and personal set up. easy to move around and also add cables to. The tape doesn't stick too bad. I have only had to use good gone once, and that was because it pretty much melted from a stupid error.

Just now, EpiCheeseTime said:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071RGCJLT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I personally have these for both my work and personal set up. easy to move around and also add cables to. The tape doesn't stick too bad. I have only had to use good gone once, and that was because it pretty much melted from a stupid error.

I can't attach these to my Tulip Table, even with the tape since I can't route the cables anywhere.

The Louvre

How can you not attached it?

What can you attach to it if double sided cant attach?

5 minutes ago, EpiCheeseTime said:

Like I said in the original post, I'm looking to leave the table clean and not attach anything to it. It's round and the cables will have literally nowhere to go if I route them with those stick on straps. The table has a slight bevel carved into it to make the table appear extremely minimal. Any management would have to take place on the wall or something.

The Louvre

8 minutes ago, EpiCheeseTime said:

would you put hard to remove tape on your $3k table? im fairly sure i wouldnt

Builds:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

It isn't hard to remove. I've moved them around and whatnot. 

2 minutes ago, CharminUltraStrong said:

Like I said in the original post, I'm looking to leave the table clean and not attach anything to it. It's round and the cables will have literally nowhere to go if I route them with those stick on straps. The table has a slight bevel carved into it to make the table appear extremely minimal. Any management would have to take place on the wall or something.

Then those would work. They have tape that can go on any surface. I have some on the wall for ethernet leading back to the switch and whatnot.

11 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

9 minutes ago, EpiCheeseTime said:

It isn't hard to remove. I've moved them around and whatnot. 

Then those would work. They have tape that can go on any surface. I have some on the wall for ethernet leading back to the switch and whatnot.

The issue is the table is only X amount of feet wide before the bevel begins, so I'd really only have room for 1 strap. If I put them on the wall then they'd be visible unfortunately. I believe the wall is structural since it's under a window, otherwise I'd just cut a hole in the wall and put a grommet cable grommet for the inlet and outlet

The Louvre

You could always look for a cable management box (also referred to as "cable cubby" sometimes).  Try to route all your cables downwards cleanly, then you can tuck the excess lengths in the box.

1378430643_HAMA3.thumb.jpg.6044e167f7ad32dde71fa2974c78622d.jpg

1953808262_Boxorganizer.jpg.6db60e27e8e6ba3549760d2780ccf409.jpg

I posted 2 pics of white ones, but you can get them in all colours to suit your interior. 

On 4/9/2019 at 4:58 PM, Captain Chaos said:

You could always look for a cable management box (also referred to as "cable cubby" sometimes).  Try to route all your cables downwards cleanly, then you can tuck the excess lengths in the box.

1378430643_HAMA3.thumb.jpg.6044e167f7ad32dde71fa2974c78622d.jpg

1953808262_Boxorganizer.jpg.6db60e27e8e6ba3549760d2780ccf409.jpg

I posted 2 pics of white ones, but you can get them in all colours to suit your interior. 

I might be able to couple these with neoprene sleeves, thank you!

The Louvre

3 hours ago, EpiCheeseTime said:

Gotcha @CharminUltraStrong my apologies for not fully understanding. The cable cubbie was going to be my second suggestion. Sorry!

Not a problemo. No need to apologize :)

The Louvre