Intel secures more AMD staff, ex-Radeon marketing lead

Just now, dtaflorida said:

Oh i don't know that joke. What happened to Navi? 

AMD used to market Vega with a "Poor Volta" poster, when the RTX gen of cards was considered to be Volta, not turing. And it kinda backfired, in hindsight

The world of graphics is quickly shifting, Intel is going to be a challenger to the long time giants of Nvidia and AMD. I still stand with Nvidia though.

If my answer got you to your solution make sure to 'Mark Resolved!
( / . _ . / )

23 hours ago, Tenelia said:

Again from a strategic perspective, I want to ask what's the value of hiring those people? If they were superstars as claimed by the marketing and PR, then why didn't they do better at AMD? So... Is that a wise decision or just petty catfights?

well, im just speculating here, but vega in itself was not a bad product. also, raja seems to be, at least in my eyes quite competent and it is very possible that he was just held back by the financial limitations of AMD. Remember, even just two years ago, AMD was in quite a money crunch with debt stockpiling so they weren't able to fund much R&D. With intel's deep pockets, and I mean obscenely deep, I am more than interested to see what they can conjure up

But in the End it would all come down to Navi living or not living upto the hype, I Dont think theres any other chance to break Nvidia's Dominance.

There is no highend cards from Amd anymore it's up to Intel fight against nvidia and hopefully bring the prices down, $400 for a 2060? Screw that!

But with intel i know the chance of price dropping is

Spoiler

never!

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

To be quite honest, these are people that are likely well past their prime, being hired on prestige and not current merit. Following the whole """but these guys are experienced!!1!""" line of bullshit thinking, every company will need to hire on new prospects, train them, and have them take over as the old farts become unable to do what is needed (retiring, death, physically unable, or in this field, not capable of coming up with new designs).

Seeing what a pathetic showing they've produced over the past few years, I think AMD is (or should be) happy to get rid of them.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

If Intel are truly entering into the consumer GPU market, why would they hire done and dusted talent form a company that has being playing catch up for a decade?  Surely they want to put their best foot forward?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

They better make their new GPUs awesome.  Otherwise, it'd be a waste.

And if it is awesome, as a Linux user, even less reason to buy NVIDIA

Desktop

Y4M1-II: AMD Ryzen 9-5900X | Asrock RX 6900XT Phantom Gaming D | EVGA RTX 3060 Ti | 64GB G.Skill Ripjaws V | 2TB Samsung 980 Pro + 4TB 870 EVO + 4TB SanDisk Ultra 3D + 8TB WD Black + 4TB WD Black HDD | Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL-X | Antec ST1000 1000W 80+ Titanium | MSI Optix MAG342CQR | BenQ EW3270U | Kubuntu

-------------------------------

Mobile devices

Kuroneko: Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga 4th (Intel i7-10510U | 16GB RAM | 1TB SSD)

Hope that's not the guy who approved 'the fixer' videos. Who were they targeting with those? 12 years olds?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.

I'm not sure it's a given that they'll release consumer GPUs, they are a pretty small market these days. And probably a very hard market to penetrate given brand loyalties and time pressed game devs. I think it will be more about boosting their woeful onboard graphics, and the server/workstation market.