Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BiG StroOnZ

Intel secures more AMD staff, ex-Radeon marketing lead

3 minutes ago, cj09beira said:

if i am not mistaken all reference designs from amd are manufactured by sapphire

You'd be wrong. MSI and XFX are definitely also manufacturers of reference designs.

Seagull eat fish. But fish belong to Mafia. Mafia punch seagull for not respecting Mafia. Seagull say "No, please! I have child!"

Mafia punch seagull with child.

Pyo.

3 hours ago, hobobobo said:

Just a dumb "poor volta" joke))

Oh i don't know that joke. What happened to Navi? 

Ryzen 7 2700x | MSI B450 Tomahawk | GTX 780 Windforce | 16GB 3200
Dell 3007WFP | 2xDell 2001FP | Logitech G710 | Logitech G710 | Team Wolf Void Ray | Strafe RGB MX Silent
iPhone 8 Plus ZTE Axon 7 | iPad Air 2 | Nvidia Shield Tablet 32gig LTE | Lenovo W700DS

Just now, dtaflorida said:

Oh i don't know that joke. What happened to Navi? 

AMD used to market Vega with a "Poor Volta" poster, when the RTX gen of cards was considered to be Volta, not turing. And it kinda backfired, in hindsight

The world of graphics is quickly shifting, Intel is going to be a challenger to the long time giants of Nvidia and AMD. I still stand with Nvidia though.

If my answer got you to your solution make sure to 'Mark Resolved!
( / . _ . / )

23 hours ago, Tenelia said:

Again from a strategic perspective, I want to ask what's the value of hiring those people? If they were superstars as claimed by the marketing and PR, then why didn't they do better at AMD? So... Is that a wise decision or just petty catfights?

well, im just speculating here, but vega in itself was not a bad product. also, raja seems to be, at least in my eyes quite competent and it is very possible that he was just held back by the financial limitations of AMD. Remember, even just two years ago, AMD was in quite a money crunch with debt stockpiling so they weren't able to fund much R&D. With intel's deep pockets, and I mean obscenely deep, I am more than interested to see what they can conjure up

But in the End it would all come down to Navi living or not living upto the hype, I Dont think theres any other chance to break Nvidia's Dominance.

There is no highend cards from Amd anymore it's up to Intel fight against nvidia and hopefully bring the prices down, $400 for a 2060? Screw that!

But with intel i know the chance of price dropping is

Spoiler

never!

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Radeon's marketing in the last few years has been abysmal, so good luck with that, Intel.

/// POLICE ASSAULT IN PROGRESS ///

To be quite honest, these are people that are likely well past their prime, being hired on prestige and not current merit. Following the whole """but these guys are experienced!!1!""" line of bullshit thinking, every company will need to hire on new prospects, train them, and have them take over as the old farts become unable to do what is needed (retiring, death, physically unable, or in this field, not capable of coming up with new designs).

Seeing what a pathetic showing they've produced over the past few years, I think AMD is (or should be) happy to get rid of them.

Seagull eat fish. But fish belong to Mafia. Mafia punch seagull for not respecting Mafia. Seagull say "No, please! I have child!"

Mafia punch seagull with child.

Pyo.

If Intel are truly entering into the consumer GPU market, why would they hire done and dusted talent form a company that has being playing catch up for a decade?  Surely they want to put their best foot forward?

QuicK and DirtY. Read the CoC it's like a guide on how not to be moron.  Also I don't have an issue with the VS series.

They better make their new GPUs awesome.  Otherwise, it'd be a waste.

And if it is awesome, as a Linux user, even less reason to buy NVIDIA

"Love always happens without warning. At that time, the gears of fate will start spinning. Just like the hands of a clock, two people’s hearts will separate and meet again. Eventually, they reunite."  - Konjiki no Yami (To Love-Ru)

Desktop

Y4M1: Intel Core i5-6500 | MSI H170 Gaming M3 | Zotac GeForce GTX 1060 AMP! Edition | 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury Black  | 256GB Samsung 850 Pro SSD +  480GB SanDisk SSD Plus + 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM HDD + 4TB Western Digital Black | Fully modular EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold ATX PSU | Zalman Z11 NEO ATX mid tower case | Acer 27" GF276 75Hz + 24" S41HL 60Hz Monitor | G.Skill RIPJAWS MX780 |  G.Skill RIPJAWS KM780 MX | Kubuntu (with MATE & Unity DE)

-------------------------------

Mobile devices

Kuroka: Lenovo Z40 laptop with Kubuntu + 250GB Samsung 850 EVO + 8GB RAM (total 16GB)

Rei: Xperia Z5 Compact with LineageOS

Xenia: Moto Z with AICP

Airi: Samsung Galaxy S4 with Resurrection Remix

Yuki: 5th generation iPod touch

Relic: IBM Thinkpad T42 with Lubuntu (upgraded with 2GB RAM)

Sylver: Lenovo Z510 laptop with Solus Plasma

Hope that's not the guy who approved 'the fixer' videos. Who were they targeting with those? 12 years olds?

CPU: Intel i7 4770K Motherboard: Asus Gryphon Z87 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8) GPU: EVGA GTX1070 FTW2 SSD: Intel 335 180GB SSD | Crucial MX200 250GB SSD HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Western Digital Green 2TB Case: Corsair Carbide 400C PSU: Corsair RM850

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.

I'm not sure it's a given that they'll release consumer GPUs, they are a pretty small market these days. And probably a very hard market to penetrate given brand loyalties and time pressed game devs. I think it will be more about boosting their woeful onboard graphics, and the server/workstation market.