Anyone worried about window's future?

ccaian

I mean windows 8, srsly.

•  i7 4770k @4.5ghz 1.248v • Noctua NHD14  •  ASUS MAXIMUS VI Hero •  Asus STIRIX 980 Ti •

•  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16Gb  •  Samsung 840 250gb + Samsung 1TB 7200RPM •  BenQ XL2430T 144Hz  •

•  Fractal Design R4  •  CoolerMaster GX650 80+ •  Razer Deathadder Chroma  •  Filco Ninja 2 Red  •  HD600/HE-4/ Fiio E17  • 

Windows'.

And no. Windows 8 is fine. With the ninite.com Windows 8 start button thingy you can set it up so you never have to see the metro screen....So it's almost like using previous versions and it's faster.

or you could not fear change, metro isn't actually bad if you treat it like a full screen start menu.

Worried about Windows?! What else are you going to use? Windows 8 is really meant for touch screens opposed to standard desktop monitors.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

It's fine, It's faster, and you can effectivly remove metro.

Current rig: i5 2500k & Gtx 560ti With Filco MJ1 TKL & Neutron Gtx 120gb SSD

Yeah but if you remove metro its just like an ugly half assed beta of windows 7. I hope windows can learn from this that changing the interface to metro is not a good thing, they should keep the general idea and layout and just improve its visuals. Just like Vista to Windows 7, which happened to be microsofts most successful leap.

•  i7 4770k @4.5ghz 1.248v • Noctua NHD14  •  ASUS MAXIMUS VI Hero •  Asus STIRIX 980 Ti •

•  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16Gb  •  Samsung 840 250gb + Samsung 1TB 7200RPM •  BenQ XL2430T 144Hz  •

•  Fractal Design R4  •  CoolerMaster GX650 80+ •  Razer Deathadder Chroma  •  Filco Ninja 2 Red  •  HD600/HE-4/ Fiio E17  • 

Worried about Windows?! What else are you going to use? Windows 8 is really meant for touch screens opposed to standard desktop monitors.
Chrome OS is Linux though, nobody wants to use Mac or should want to and I suppose there are a few people who use Linux but the majority use Windows.
12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

There is already a more desktop friendly windows OS in development which you should start hearing about in a couple of years

Its immense numbers deployed in the World is way too big, not to mention the dedicated Business apps running on it that are not on any other OS, its here to stay for many years to come. The only way it could fail or have a fear of failing is if some other OS added the hooks to run all Windows apps from DOS to today's apps seamlessly.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Yeah but if you remove metro its just like an ugly half assed beta of windows 7. I hope windows can learn from this that changing the interface to metro is not a good thing, they should keep the general idea and layout and just improve its visuals. Just like Vista to Windows 7, which happened to be microsofts most successful leap.
Perhaps the "ugly half assed beta of windows 7" was awesome

As touched on briefly before Windows is too wide spread to die. The amount of software that is built around either Windows as an OS or the .NET framework is enormous.Yes, Windows 8 certainly isn't to everyones liking however there is too much built upon Windows for it to die. Few users are knowledgeable about Linux and if the world was to switch to OSX what happens to people like Asus, ASRock, AMD ect - the hardware companies in which their hardware is primarily used for Windows systems followed by Linux?

I'm worried about it not getting any better, if they don't fix metro in Windows 9 I'm just going linux, and hoping the gaming scene follows over

or you could not fear change, metro isn't actually bad if you treat it like a full screen start menu.
Someone finally understands the start screen.

Yes! The Start screen doesn't even bother me anymore...

From what i've heard from friends, windows 8 seems fine, ill make my own opinion when i purchase an ssd; but from my eyes its not that bad.

For example, quick boot times, better security etc.

I ask op, have you actually used windows 8 for a long period of time?

Also note i am still on the fence with windows 8 having not tested it myself.

CPU: AMD FX-8350 - Noctua NH-D14 | Asus Crosshair V Formula | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Plextor M5P Extreme 256GB SSD

GPU - Asus AMD Radeon 6950 Direct CU II 2GB |

Seasonic 1000 W Platinum | Cooler Master 690 ii Advanced | Asus VE248H + VE248Q

Windows sucks so much, i cant handle it anymore! When there is compatibility for all games on ubuntu, i'm gonna switch to that lol! So yeah, Windows will hopefully go down...

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

I reckon if windows 9 doesn't get fixed its definetly going to start going down, maybe not really basic users, but the more advanced/enthusiast ones. If linux actually becomes viable for gaming which it's starting to with steam not many people are gonna have much of a reason to stay with windows.

Nothings wrong with Windows 8. Just use Start8 + ClassicShell.

Most of the people who insult it never even used it and/or can't read about Start8. Its performance upgrades on older PCs is a good enough reason to upgrade, my laptop without a SSD boots so fast on Windows 8.

Im worried Microsoft will be like Apple and release a new OS every year or 2 and stop supporting the old one. Im not happy with the Windows 8 Interface. But the reason I didn't upgrade to Windows 8 is because I spent like 200 bucks on Windows 7 a month after it was released so Im going to get 200 bucks out of it. My friend has told me Windows 8 is noticeable faster than Windows 7 but I'm going to wait. Ill probably upgrade to Windows 8 successor or to Linux if Valve gives good steam support.

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

I don't see anything wrong with Windows 8. It's almost a must have for laptops and touch screen devices.

Using windows 8 pro + start8 at the moment.

So far, so good.

Not worried its going to be all fine look at ME sucked balls then 2000 was good then XP then shit vista then good 7 now bad 8 then good 9 or whatever but yea win8 is gay for desktop users its liek win7 is not latest anymore and only other option is to buy win8 now and its fucking shit unless u have a touch display.

I am not worried about windows, but i do think that it is on the decline.