Historic Low on One of the Best $19.99 Underwater Atmospheric Exploration Games Ever Created

Paul Rudd
16 hours ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

Well in that case, here ya' go... Brand New VHS 12 Angry Men. It's also worth more than you'll pay. And you can always offer less. Sell it right back to eBay for $40.00, easy. Or keep it for sentimental reasons/insane value in the future. 

Wow. When was even the last time I've seen a VHS player? I think my buddy has some tapes, dunno about a player.

#Muricaparrotgang

1 hour ago, JZStudios said:

Wow. When was even the last time I've seen a VHS player? I think my buddy has some tapes, dunno about a player.

A player, lol. You mean a VCR. You're missing out dude. Ever listened to a record on an old record player? If you have, then you probably know that there's just nothing like it. The same element applies with VHS. The having to rewind. The redial phone number sound at the very beginning of some tapes. The static and how to fix it. The crumbling sound of a tape getting eaten and how to fix/avoid it. The rubbing alcohol and q-tip one uses to remedy multiple issues with VHS. The snowy picture. The be kind, please rewind stickers that 99% of people on earth completely ignore. The movie store name and address sticker located on the side of the tape that is never open anymore and the sticker is impossible to peal off without the word VOID appearing below it. The covers that are almost certain to be in mint condition 0.1% of the time. Even if it's still sealed up and has never been opened. The sun fade on the front of some of the covers you find from being in the very front of movie rental stores. Oh I could go on and on and on about the wonderful world of VHS.

I've always wanted to have a neighbor that is the same way with laser discs. I've never actually seen a laser disc. Can't imagine what a laser disc player looks like.

3 hours ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

A player, lol. You mean a VCR. You're missing out dude. Ever listened to a record on an old record player? If you have, then you probably know that there's just nothing like it. The same element applies with VHS. The having to rewind. The redial phone number sound at the very beginning of some tapes. The static and how to fix it. The crumbling sound of a tape getting eaten and how to fix/avoid it. The rubbing alcohol and q-tip one uses to remedy multiple issues with VHS. The snowy picture. The be kind, please rewind stickers that 99% of people on earth completely ignore. The movie store name and address sticker located on the side of the tape that is never open anymore and the sticker is impossible to peal off without the word VOID appearing below it. The covers that are almost certain to be in mint condition 0.1% of the time. Even if it's still sealed up and has never been opened. The sun fade on the front of some of the covers you find from being in the very front of movie rental stores. Oh I could go on and on and on about the wonderful world of VHS.

I've always wanted to have a neighbor that is the same way with laser discs. I've never actually seen a laser disc. Can't imagine what a laser disc player looks like.

Whatever. We left that shit back in the 90's were it belongs. Fuzzy 240p can fuck right off. Even as a kid I'd watch VHS and think "This sucks." Don't even get me started on records.

I've not seen a laser disc either... except maybe for Techmoan. I've also not seen a HDDVD either. Pretty sure that lost out to the Blu-ray. Oh, and SA-CD.

#Muricaparrotgang

2 hours ago, JZStudios said:

Fuzzy 240p can fuck right off.

Actually, I believe VHS is 333 x 480. 240p is around 320 x 240. You can draw your own conclusion as to exactly what ???p VHS is. It's not as fuzzy as you think. In fact, it's really not that bad when compared to DVD. DVD is 720 x 480. Which is basically a little better than 480p(640 x 480). When you view both VHS and DVD side by side, it's obvious that the DVD looks much better. Much clearer. However, VHS is still not that bad. It all depends on how old the VHS is, what captured what is on the screen and what you watch it from.

15 hours ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

Actually, I believe VHS is 333 x 480. 240p is around 320 x 240. You can draw your own conclusion as to exactly what ???p VHS is. It's not as fuzzy as you think. In fact, it's really not that bad when compared to DVD. DVD is 720 x 480. Which is basically a little better than 480p(640 x 480). When you view both VHS and DVD side by side, it's obvious that the DVD looks much better. Much clearer. However, VHS is still not that bad. It all depends on how old the VHS is, what captured what is on the screen and what you watch it from.

It could be, but then it goes back to the "Analog is better if you have the $15,000 equipment" argument. DVDs can be played digitally, and thus have the same visual fidelity on basically any screen, while at the very least the vast majority of VCR players use analog and have signal loss. And now modern TVs don't even like signals under 720.

And after watching that video, nope. Still crap. DVD quality is better. "Better than you remember" doesn't mean good.

#Muricaparrotgang

37 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

DVDs can be played digitally, and thus have the same visual fidelity on basically any screen

Not if they're hindered by scratches or hairline cracks. DVD's are unpredictable and unreliable. Not to mention incompatible with certain DVD players. A DVD can also skip like crazy with absolutely no damage whatsoever to it. And what happens next is almost always frustration and the words, "fuck it, lets watch something else" shortly follow. With a VHS, you can simply open it up and fix most issues with it playing. And usually it's a simple rubbing of alcohol with a q-tip to the film.

3 minutes ago, James Evens said:

plague inc? isn't this a windows games?

Yea, it's on Steam. Why do you ask?

1 minute ago, James Evens said:

Look at the resulution. they moved it 1:1 to the desktop. Anyway had some money on the windows store which would have other been wasted so I just grabed anything.

No clue what you're talking about. And I hope you're joking when you say you bought this game, how much did you waste on this garbage?

7 minutes ago, James Evens said:

You collect points for using bing which can be used for gift cards.

I'm not one to spend money on a game to collect points to buy a $5.00 gift card. Much easier to just spend $5.00 on whatever you want. You get over 300 points for daily bing searches anyway plus bonus points for day streaks and quizzes and what not. I have over 130,000 bing points right now. No way would I ever use them on gift cards when I have money already in my wallet. I use points on 1 year Xbox Live Gold memberships because then you save $60.00 and get Xbox Live free for life.

Even though I don't even play much Xbox, I at least get 4 free games a month.

3 hours ago, James Evens said:

I don't have a xbox.

Well then gift cards make sense to shoot for in your situation.