Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alistairoh01

Help with planning

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hey guys, I’m planning out the cheapest custom loop for my rx 580 and am4 cpu. I’m really new to this and have been planning this out by myself for a little while now. I know that the parts I have chosen are cheap and not the highest quality, but I just want my gpu to not overheat and for it to be cheap. What could be the cheapest and most effective liquid to fill it up with? Are the compression fittings alright? Will this pump’s fitting work or should I put another fitting? Are the sizes all the same? I’m still new to the sizes of the tubing and want someone experienced look over this plan before I buy everything.

 

$31 Pump/res 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00VHPADRW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_dI5QCbEDS8WXG

 

$33 copper rad

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F192847993979

 

$17.43 cpu block

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F113244243499

 

$17 gpu block 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01NCODXPG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_bv5QCbMXHTF97

 

$7 gpu heatsinks

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00637X42A/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_0D5QCbVQPGJB8

 

$12 8 compression fittings

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F153142690333

 

$4 6ft soft tubing

Local 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Alistairoh01 said:

-SNIP-

I personally would not recommend to cheap out on watercooling components, for the cost and effectiveness you would be better off at using an AIO setup for both your CPU and GPU to get comparable results to a proper liquid cooling loop.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, W-L said:

I personally would not recommend to cheap out on watercooling components, for the cost and effectiveness you would be better off at using an AIO setup for both your CPU and GPU to get comparable results to a proper liquid cooling loop.

I have a ryzen 3 so it won’t make a lot of heat. Building a custom loop sounds really fun so while I could get an aio, I want the experience. If I were to go for an aio, what’s the cheapest aio for the gpu that you can think of?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Alistairoh01 said:

I have a ryzen 3 so it won’t make a lot of heat. Building a custom loop sounds really fun so while I could get an aio, I want the experience. If I were to go for an aio, what’s the cheapest aio for the gpu that you can think of?

If you want to push overclocking a 140mm would be enough a 240mm is quite a bit overkill for just a GPU as it's ability to transfer heat out into the fluid is much more efficient due to the larger bare die. You will need to get an adapter to mount a regular AIO to the GPU such as the NZXT G10.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not about the heat dissipation, it's about the failure potential. The cheaper you go, the higher the chances of leakage. That would destroy your hardware.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, N1tro199 said:

It's not about the heat dissipation, it's about the failure potential. The cheaper you go, the higher the chances of leakage. That would destroy your hardware.

I see

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
5 minutes ago, W-L said:

If you want to push overclocking a 140mm would be enough a 240mm is quite a bit overkill for just a GPU as it's ability to transfer heat out into the fluid is much more efficient due to the larger bare die. You will need to get an adapter to mount a regular AIO to the GPU such as the NZXT G10.

What’s the cheapest 140mm that you would recommend?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×