First time cooling – 2080ti FTW3 monster build

27 minutes ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

Looks amazing! Great job!

Show it off in this thread if you want.

And/or the watercooling gallery:

Thanks! 

Quick question - what software to monitor component temps?

Edit: Also, going on vacation for a week. Do you know if there are any best practices about what to do with the system?

Just now, Dissitesuxba11s said:

I personally use HWMonitor but you can also use HWiNFo for more detail. You're also going to need the EVGA Precision X1 tool for overclocking your EVGA card; it will give you a graph of your GPU temps as well. All of these software are FREE.

TYSM! Made an edit on last post not sure if you saw: Edit: Also, going on vacation for a week. Do you know if there are any best practices about what to do with the system?

Just now, OG_Mega said:

TYSM! Made an edit on last post not sure if you saw: Edit: Also, going on vacation for a week. Do you know if there are any best practices about what to do with the system?

Just shut it down so it won't be pulling electricity when in sleep. The fluid should be fine since it already has the X1 coolant which will prevent any growth.

14 hours ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

Just shut it down so it won't be pulling electricity when in sleep. The fluid should be fine since it already has the X1 coolant which will prevent any growth.

Hey thanks! 

Having one slight problem with the case RGB's.. https://imgur.com/a/LHidUqn So I think those are for the side led's on the phanteks case  , but those cables don't have anywhere to go.. (motherboard manual here - page 28)

Any idea? 

Also, do you know how I would go about controlling the case led's along with everything else? I'm only using 3 softwares for RGB (MSI Mystic Light, Corsair iCue, and EVGA Precision X1) 

25 minutes ago, OG_Mega said:

Having one slight problem with the case RGB's.. https://imgur.com/a/LHidUqn So I think those are for the side led's on the phanteks case  , but those cables don't have anywhere to go.. (motherboard manual here - page 28)

Any idea? 

Is there a female adapter that came with that second cable? I think you can connect that directly to your motherboard. The first cable is a Phanteks proprietary LED connector.

27 minutes ago, OG_Mega said:

Also, do you know how I would go about controlling the case led's along with everything else? I'm only using 3 softwares for RGB (MSI Mystic Light, Corsair iCue, and EVGA Precision X1) 

If the second connector has a female adapter and you connect it to the motherboard you should be able to control it via Mystic Light.

14 minutes ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

Is there a female adapter that came with that second cable? I think you can connect that directly to your motherboard. The first cable is a Phanteks proprietary LED connector.

If the second connector has a female adapter and you connect it to the motherboard you should be able to control it via Mystic Light.

Negative, there's no female cable that came with the case. That's why I'm so perplexed .. 

These are the cables I have: https://imgur.com/a/a1ESy1j

1 minute ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

Where does the cables in the third image lead to?

That's it – just the male and female portions, it's a splitter I think4th image is what's already in the case. 

Also, I have the front portion plugged in, but it's not showing up on the Mystic Light, maybe I have it plugged in wrong somewhere?

10 minutes ago, OG_Mega said:

That's it – just the male and female portions, it's a splitter I think4th image is what's already in the case. 

Also, I have the front portion plugged in, but it's not showing up on the Mystic Light, maybe I have it plugged in wrong somewhere?

Try flipping it around. It should be compatible since in the case manual page 23 it states it's compatible with Mystic Light.

2 minutes ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

Try flipping it around. It should be compatible since in the case manual page 23 it states it's compatible with Mystic Light.

Yeah that's the issue though, the diagram on page 23 is not the cable that's disconnected right now, the diagram is a female

1 minute ago, OG_Mega said:

Yeah that's the issue though, the diagram on page 23 is not the cable that's disconnected right now, the diagram is a female

Let's circle back. In the 4th pic with the cables in the case, try plugging in that weird three pin female to the JRAINBOW header on the motherboard. This is from page 54 of the motherboard manual.

JRGB.PNG.cff1369e4f4c52e002a9d0fd40fc998d.PNG

13 minutes ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

Let's circle back. In the 4th pic with the cables in the case, try plugging in that weird three pin female to the JRAINBOW header on the motherboard. This is from page 54 of the motherboard manual.

JRGB.PNG.cff1369e4f4c52e002a9d0fd40fc998d.PNG

Yea so I saw that – my front case JRGB is plugged into the JRAINBOW2 right now, and I can control it from the Mystic Light software. 

There's no other cables not plugged in though other than those 2 from my original picture. On that 4th image you're talking about, the female plugs into the motherboard, but that then leaves 2 male 4pins that have nowhere to go?

BIG EDIT: EUREKA! Apparently all my setup was correct, but one of the cords was loose.. Figured this out by tightening everything i saw in the back of the case. It was weird though because the plug was already fully tightened.. a little wiggling made it work though. 

THANK GOD lol

• 1 month later...

@Dissitesuxba11s

So I just realized that I built the reservoir wrong... I had thoughts about it a few times but was so excited that I forgot about it. 

I put the sled tube into the wrong top port of the reservoir, which is causing me to have a ton of unnecessary bubbles in the res. To fix it, really all I have to do is drain the system, remove the reservoir, move the sled tube to be under where the liquid comes in from the top, and reinstall the reservoir, fill it, and I'm done. 

Would you happen to know, if I drain the entire system, do I need to clean it again considering it's only one month old, or can I just add new coolant and be done with it? 

7 hours ago, OG_Mega said:

Would you happen to know, if I drain the entire system, do I need to clean it again considering it's only one month old, or can I just add new coolant and be done with it? 

You should be fine just just putting new coolant in after draining. Heck, if you can save the old coolant into a clean container, you can reuse it, as long as it still looks clear.

19 minutes ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

You should be fine just just putting new coolant in after draining. Heck, if you can save the old coolant into a clean container, you can reuse it, as long as it still looks clear.

Thanks! 

Fixed it and there's beautiful, no bubbles at all from the waterfall effect.