LTT Conglomerate main discussion thread

Maybe we could get a private server for messing around and testing stuff? I'd host.

Depends on your role.

The Hornet is purely marketed towards dogfighting and space combat, since it has no storage capacity and heavy guns. The Cutlass seems to be perfect for smuggling and salvaging ships, because of its rather large storage capacity and tractor beam with some not all too heavy guns.

It really depends on what you want to do.in game.

I hope this helps a bit :)

Happy hunting!

Hornet is kind of a fighter only. Cutlass won't be anywhere near as strong of a fighter, spec wise, but it has a very large cargo hold, a manned turret for your co pilot and is apparently, spec wise again, very agile. So it really depends on what you're wanting to do in game.

I'm sure if you gave some details on what sort of pilot you want to be in game and what sort of... I don't want to say job, but what you are mainly going to want to do in the game, everyone here will be able to help you figure something out.

There's also the ship spec log if you want more details on each ship...

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/ship-specs

Is the Hornet being a fighter only necessarily a bad thing? I'm always up for PvP so I suppose I'll be getting my fair share, hopefully, in Star CItizen as well, so personally buying a fighter doesn't seem to be a bad idea.

I'm really hoping to have a little bit of freedom in what I do, being able to decide to do one thing and have a ship that's capable of it, then maybe later going out and doing something else with a different ship. I probably won't be doing anything akin to mining or resource gathering for the most part, as that was I found to be my bane in MMOs, so the idea of having a Cutlass as my everyday ship that I can do generic things in, then when things get heavy I could always jump into the Hornet, sounds 'bout right, though I'm not too sure if I'm understanding it right...

Oh yea I'll PM you the TS address gimme a sec.

Cheers. 

Also, I meant a private Star Citizen server :P

Yea I just quoted you so I could reply :P

Thought so :)

Is the Hornet being a fighter only necessarily a bad thing? I'm always up for PvP so I suppose I'll be getting my fair share, hopefully, in Star CItizen as well, so personally buying a fighter doesn't seem to be a bad idea.

I'm really hoping to have a little bit of freedom in what I do, being able to decide to do one thing and have a ship that's capable of it, then maybe later going out and doing something else with a different ship. I probably won't be doing anything akin to mining or resource gathering for the most part, as that was I found to be my bane in MMOs, so the idea of having a Cutlass as my everyday ship that I can do generic things in, then when things get heavy I could always jump into the Hornet, sounds 'bout right, though I'm not too sure if I'm understanding it right...

Personally I'd go with the Cutlass because it seems, on paper, that it is a decent fighter, you can have a co-pilot and you can take part in other aspects of the game should you change your mind later (Keep in mind there is a Hornet model with two seats as well.) But, you can always just try to buy a second ship later down the road in game or by pledging. So I wouldn't feel pressured into making a decision you're not sure on.

That said... Get ready for me overtyping random details like usual.

Keep in mind I am not trying to dissuade you from picking the Hornet, as I'm definitely wanting to pick one up as well.

The Hornet being a strict fighter is not a bad thing at all. It's excellent for PvP.

The whole thing about Star Citizen is that it's a Space Simulation. And with the direction they're going with the game, you'll have to make your own money by doing a variety of missions which will be given to you by NPCs, comissioned by the population or entirely up to you seeking your own fortune. The concept of the game makes it hard to commit to a specific gameplay style. It's a very much self driven concept, at least until we have a better understanding of what exactly we can do in the game and to what limitations.

But that's another point. So far it's all concept. We're still a long ways from having an official structure of how things will work and how you will make money in game. Personally, I talk about it a lot so when there is a concrete structure I can implement my own faster. Plus it's fun as all getup to talk about.

If you think that you'll only do PvP, why not get a Hornet and give yourself a leg up on the competition? If you're still on the fence, go Cutlass or Avenger. For the time being, you can resell your ship back to the devs for equal in game credits and just apply it to another ship. You'll have to wait 24 hours after purchase though, and I don't know how long you'll be allowed to do this. You might be able to forever.

So, with all that in mind. If you really don't see yourself doing much of anything outside of fighting, go Hornet. If you want to do other things you could go with the Cutlass. Or even the Avenger, as it also has storage space and seems like it's a potential fighter. Or the 300i since it has storage as well.

But it sounds like you really want the Hornet for now. I went with the Freelancer at first. Then I couldn't stop thinking about the Constellation, so I sold my Freelancer back to SC and purchased the Connie. I couldn't be happier now. But now... I have the upgrade bug. Like when you buy a new GPU. You next want to upgrade your... Uh.. CPU cooler. Then add memory. Then an HDD. Then you want a new case... God... I'm a monster....

LTT Recruit: Tacoma | Organization: UOLTT Conglomerate | Group: Salvage and Military | Fleet: Anvil Carrack, Aegis Retaliator and CO Mustang Omega

Appreciation to: artofinca.com | UOLTT Conglomerate on RSI and LTT

If you don't know what my avatar is, it's from: Silverhawks

EVERYONE, I have an announcement....

I like pretzels.

That is all.

There truly is something witty to be read here. 

I like pretzels.

That is all.

Soft Pretzels? With CHEEEEEEESE  :rolleyes:  

Anyways, the real reason for my post. Does anyone else with a cutlass have a problem with not being able to get in it? The back door isn't open and I can't find a way to get it to open. I looked on the RSI forums and saw a couple other people with this problem but no answer as to if it is a bug or if the interior is not open on purpose.

LTT conglomerate can use your support. Join us at https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT .   See you in the verse.

Anyways, the real reason for my post. Does anyone else with a cutlass have a problem with not being able to get in it? The back door isn't open and I can't find a way to get it to open. I looked on the RSI forums and saw a couple other people with this problem but no answer as to if it is a bug or if the interior is not open on purpose.

Yes with cheese and salt, don't forget salt.

And to your questions. Did you lock your keys in your ship?

I have been told this is weird, but soft pretzels are actually very delicious with ketchup. I would suggest any pretzel lovers to try that.

My new rig build log:http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/80801-m-itx-pc/?p=1158887 Now finished with  970!                          Can anybody give me a freelancer?                  I need to transport more HYPBP.               Butt Imperium games                     RAINBOW .                   840 EVO still awesome                    The evil that is verizon has been vanquished!      ܝܘܚܢܢ ܒܝܬ ܐܦܪܝܡ

I have been told this is weird, but soft pretzels are actually very delicious with ketchup. I would suggest any pretzel lovers to try that.

Ketchup is an inhumane use of the tomato. That being said, it is tasty and I shall attempt this and report back. 

Now, where to find a pretzel..

Soft Pretzels? With CHEEEEEEESE :rolleyes:

After the new hangar update, thet have put a blue button on the landing gear. Other, similar buttons are to be found inside the ship.

I think it's pretty neat, but an explenation would have been nice :)

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

I can live with putting it that way. Given the good salvage that will be in the Tiber System as well as the asteroid field there, we'll probably fly be each other a lot in game. If anyone messes with you I'll ram them.

WATCH OUT!! We got a badass here :D

I like Schnitzel.

That is all.

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

WATCH OUT!! We got a badass here :D

Fa shizzle. I'm a ram anyone who messes with LTTC. Well, as long as I'm near by. Or we go to war or something. Yeah.

LTT Recruit: Tacoma | Organization: UOLTT Conglomerate | Group: Salvage and Military | Fleet: Anvil Carrack, Aegis Retaliator and CO Mustang Omega

Yes with cheese and salt, don't forget salt.

And to your questions. Did you lock your keys in your ship?

yes definitely with salt.  ;)

That just sounds kinda gross but i dunno could be alright,

Ketchup is an inhumane use of the tomato. That being said, it is tasty and I shall attempt this and report back. 

Now, where to find a pretzel..

I would try the local mall's food court  ;)

After the new hangar update, thet have put a blue button on the landing gear. Other, similar buttons are to be found inside the ship.

I think it's pretty neat, but an explenation would have been nice :)

Thanks for the info I will see if I can figure it out and report back.

LTT conglomerate can use your support. Join us at https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT .   See you in the verse.

I don't know what to make of your avatar. Looks sort of like shepard (from ME) and hilter had a baby.

xD

Search "Extremely angry Shepard" from MegaGfilms on YouTube. It is Shepard alright, but MegaG had his way with him :D

I watched the video, paused it randomly and this came up. Now I use it for pretty much all my accounts :)

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

Fa shizzle. I'm a ram anyone who messes with LTTC. Well, as long as I'm near by. Or we go to war or something. Yeah.

BREAKING NEWS: LTTC member "DamDirtyApe" found ramming a Kingship with his deadly (Insert Ship Here), this will surely turn the tide on this ongoing war.

CPU: i5 Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 RAM: G Skill Sniper 8GB 2133 Graphics Card: 2x Gigabyte GTX 770's

Case: NZXT Switch 810 HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: PC Power and Cooling 950W OS: Windows 7

BREAKING NEWS: LTTC member "DamDirtyApe" found ramming a Kingship with his deadly (Insert Ship Here), this will surely turn the tide on this ongoing war.

I'll be sure to gets tons of insurance and work on the official Linus Tech Tips Kamekazi Fleet.

I like pretzels.

That is all.

I used to work at a soft pretzel store. It was awful.The worst part is that I can no longer smell pretzels :(

How active is the LTT Conglomerate at this point? For example, as a simple gauge of activity, how many people are usually logged into XMPP in a Mountain Standard Time evening?

Praise the Lamp!