LTT Conglomerate main discussion thread

Hello! I just made an account only for the syndicate! Just bought an Avenger. Hoping to become the biggest organization in size!

What do you guys think.....

Origin M50

or

Origin 350r

From what I can tell the M50 is lighter therefor likely faster/more adgile but the 350r has some cargo room, more room within the ship, and may look better?

this is how i see it. 

300i series

Cessna-Citation-Mustang.jpg

M50

0-piaggio.jpg

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

Well how much money do you have to spend.  Money may be a limiting factor and it is much easier to narrow down your option by putting a price tag.  Message me back if you come up with a maximum and we can go from there.  Also you can join LTT Conglomerate by first purchasing a ship package and then sending an application to the leaders/mods (not really sure the positions and titles yet) of the organization!  I hope I will see you there and up in the stars.

I would say that it would be up to abut $80-$100 US. Is that good or should I wait and pay more? that is what I have as an idea of a decent budget from what I have seen.

Join the Linus Tech Tips Conglomerate in Star Citizen 

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT

Enlist NOW to join the fleet!!!

I haven't tried this yet but supposedly we can pilot our ships from an asteroid hangar right now. It's something that was in the game last year but now it is hidden. I saw a video with someone doing it on youtube. Supposedly, one must search for "Hidden illum star citizen" on youtube to see how to do this. 

I was going to wait until I'm out of work to test it out but I figured someone here may know if this information is accurate or BS .

It looks like there are plenty of videos that are fairly recent demonstrating how to do it but I can't exactly view this in the comp room at work ... until people start to go home ;-)

It's look a bit like an hornet but it's not one look at top of the ship there is no big round thing... It looks more like a plane in my opinion... A plane with big guns...

GPU : R9 290 Proc : AMD Phenom II X4 955 (3.6 Ghz) Mobo : ASrock 970 extreme 3 PSU : corsair GS 700 HDD : 1250Go SSD : vertex 4 128 Go Case : Fractal Design Define S RAM : 8Go Fan : CM Hyper 212 evo Headset : Steelseries Siberia V2  Mouse : Roccat Savu Keyboard : CMstorm quickfire TK Screen : LG flatron E2240s + Acer Predator 144Hz/Freesync

I haven't tried this yet but supposedly we can pilot our ships from an asteroid hangar right now. It's something that was in the game last year but now it is hidden. I saw a video with someone doing it on youtube. Supposedly, one must search for "Hidden illum star citizen" on youtube to see how to do this.

I was going to wait until I'm out of work to test it out but I figured someone here may know if this information is accurate or BS .

It looks like there are plenty of videos that are fairly recent demonstrating how to do it but I can't exactly view this in the comp room at work ... until people start to go home ;-)

There is infact a way to fly the ships like you said. I was reading it earlier and will link it after I get home. I saw the hornet being piloted and it looks quite maneuverable. It is called something like illum, requires some editing of the files, again will bring up the posts about it as well as editng the file to allow you to fly other ones. If I remember correctly I don't think you can fly the Connie from a post I read.

It's look a bit like an hornet but it's not one look at top of the ship there is no big round thing... It looks more like a plane in my opinion... A plane with big guns...

It 100% isn't a hornet. Why? Like you said there is no sign of that infamous circle in the middle that is seen on all variants of the hornet(pretty sure).The structure of the ship is much different. The wing size as well as the dimensions of the ship are more narrow and smaller. There are two huge intakes next to the cockpit and the cockpit position is more on the backside/middle of the ship.

My personal fear of the preview ship is that i prefer ships that, if dogfighting/offense-orientated, are medium sized (like the hornet), provide great firepower (which is obviously seen on both hornet and this preview), and have good armor and shields. Turning and maneuvering wise, the hornet, when seen from the hidden flight on the asteroid launch pad, does not seem to have not much of a problem turning at a medium to high speed and such with it's thrusters but this preview ship may* have a problem because It does not look* to have thrusters. On the other side, it looks to be very light, so if it has thrusters, it will be quite responsive (again depends on # and type of thruster (TR1 and TR2)) and easy to turn. This preview one is smaller than the hornet but "looks" to be slightly larger than the Scythe. I don't see much places for armor except the nose and cockpit area. But we have no clue about its shields and regen so I cannot say ship has more offense than defense.

I know this is very early analysis but just putting my analysis and my opinion out there for those while trying to start a discussion and feedback/opinions on this new ship. Oh and sorry for the long post :P

Edit: CCleaned entire chrome earlier because of a problem, dont think I can find the post, if I do I will post it, sorry.

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

Does that ship not look like a hornet (the insect, not the ship) to anyone else? It looks like a hornet or wasp in flight. The cockpit looks like a hornet/wasps head. Think Beedrill from Pokemon.

Just want to get in game and protect traders. salvagers, explorers,miners,engineers etc... Just want to protect LTT ships from opposing pirates etc...

Who needs girls when you can get Blown all day by your after market fans.

I joined the group about a week ago, got an aroura ln to start, going to pick up a freelancer today I think.  I would like to be a merchant/miner to start i think.  Then maybe get involved in a bit of pvp.  I cant wait for this DF module to come out.

Should I get the 315P or the Cutlass?

I personally like the 300 series but I don't find the 315P a good option unless you will be mining or exploring.  the Cutlass is good for trading and having the firepower to protect yourself but it does have the capabilities to have a stand against other ships in PvP.  If you want to have a fast and very maneuverable then go with a 315P but for the best trading potential the Cutlass is right for you and priracy may be in your future with it(piracy is not allowed in LTT btw) 

Edit: The Cutlass has many more thrusters than any other ship in its class but it is bigger than all of them so take this with a grain if salt.

What do you guys think.....

Origin M50

or

Origin 350r

From what I can tell the M50 is lighter therefor likely faster/more adgile but the 350r has some cargo room, more room within the ship, and may look better?

Yes the M50 is fast, but its tiny. About half the size of a 350R, not to mention the 350R has a better weapons system. It all depends on weither you want speed or reliability.

CPU: i5 Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 RAM: G Skill Sniper 8GB 2133 Graphics Card: 2x Gigabyte GTX 770's

Case: NZXT Switch 810 HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: PC Power and Cooling 950W OS: Windows 7

"that lil' bugger be zoomin' past err'one"

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

Vanduul_vehicle_size_chart3_mod.jpg

so. MUCH. AWESOME!

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

dat carrier ^^

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Vanduul_vehicle_size_chart3_mod.jpg

so. MUCH. AWESOME!

That gun/whatever that will be on the back looks like it will dish out a lot of damage!!!  The kingship total dwarfs the Idris...  Now to see what human technologies can do counter that massive carrier.

Wait are those yet to be release vanduul ships?

Yes, pretty much just concepts up to this point and everything is subject to change due to many reasons and don't expect to see the any carriers in our hands until the game is released + a couple of updates.  I believe most of the ships will be in the game but not controllable by human intervention at launch.

@geogga

Ahh.

Still no news on a concrete date for dogfighting?

Looking to book off my vacation time and hopefully it fits in with alpha.

There is I think like April 18 or something

Still no news on a concrete date for dogfighting?

Looking to book off my vacation time and hopefully it fits in with alpha.

They speculate that it will be out after PAX East becuase the dog fighting module will be shown off there I believe. If they do succeed at this then expect it to be released mid-April.