LTT Conglomerate main discussion thread

For anyone new or unaware, there's a new Wingman's Hangar today. This is a new day/time slot for the show. Wingman's Hangar is a fairly casual RSI show that covers everything Star Citizen on a weekly basis as the game evolves. It's pretty cool, check it out if you haven't. Times are 9am PST, 11am CST, 12pm EST US every Wednesday. Here's the promo for today's show. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1sOz7qi0bU

Supporting LTT Conglomerate https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT with the Drake Cutlass. 

Specs: CPU: i7-3960x @ 4.2GHz | GPU: GTX 690 | 512GB SSD | RAM: 16GB Quad Channel @1600MHz | Alienware micro-ATX X79 Motherboard 

I think the 300i is a good all round fighter ship, but I think the specialized variants make more sense. You want to focus on exploration? Go for the 315p. Is dogfighting/mercenary more your thing? Go for the 325a.

The 300i is the basic ship in the 300 series and doesn't really excel in different aspects.

star citizen isnt coming out for a while, so i should be able to get some more money and get the 325a in that case, i like me some dogfighting. i hope it will be freelancer 2.0, and i think that is a realistic expectation

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

star citizen isnt coming out for a while, so i should be able to get some more money and get the 325a in that case, i like me some dogfighting. i hope it will be freelancer 2.0, and i think that is a realistic expectation

You can always melt down(turn into store credit) your 300i that you bought. You would only have to pay the excess for the 325a

Join the LinusTechTips Star Citizen Org :D ~ https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT

You can always melt down(turn into store credit) your 300i that you bought. You would only have to pay the excess for the 325a

would that result in a cheaper 325? could you estimate howmuch cheaper? "full refund" ?

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

would that result in a cheaper 325? could you estimate howmuch cheaper? "full refund" ?

If you melt it down, you will get the value of what you paid in store credits. The 300i is like €50? If you choose to buy the 325a, you only would have to pay €14 extra ontop of the store credits.

What I did find out, though, was that the conversion isn't really all that fair. If you were to buy the 325a in dollars instead of euros, you will have it cheaper (assuming you use euros, as your name seems dutch ;))

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

If you melt it down, you will get the value of what you paid in store credits. The 300i is like €50? If you choose to buy the 325a, you only would have to pay €14 extra ontop of the store credits.

What I did find out, though, was that the conversion isn't really all that fair. If you were to buy the 325a in dollars instead of euros, you will have it cheaper (assuming you use euros, as your name seems dutch ;))

very unfair, those damn euro's, but i do like them being worth more than dollars

Just signed up over on RSI.

In game name is the same as here: ielisdave

Ship: Aurora MR (planning on starting from the bottom and working my way up in game.)

Preferred group: Exploration, possibly mining or salvage. 

Looking forward to seeing you all in game eventually!

Hi, I'm thinking of joining Mining, but Exploration and Engineering sound good aswell.
Still deciding on a ship (don't know what kind of funds I'll have after my new PC build configuration is done). But prolly an Aurora of some type.

My handle in CZ is: lg-badluck

ps. Maybe in the next 2-3 months I'll have my build finalized and will pledge on CZ so I can join the Organisation there.

I think the LTT Conglomerate should on the surface be about exploration/mining/trading but have a select few members in special ships committing act of piracy (not downloading GOT, the other piracy) , then let another special group of members come in to salvage after the initial fight is over. And have Mercenaries that on the surface seem and look like militia, but are really a bad-ass pack of guys/girls.

At least that what I envisage the LTT Conglomerate

Whatever it turns out to be, I can't wait to play with you guys/girls.

We don't do piracy here :P We're "mercenaries" and "privateers" But you can do piracy on your own time if you want to. If you get caught doing so just say you're on a job or something.

I've mentioned the piracy thing a few times. Personally I want to bounty hunt full time and pirate on the side if there's good intel on something worth taking. So let me know man, we'll team up :) I got a Cutlass, so I'm primed for cutting into the hulls of unsuspecting clients ... clients just sounds better than victims :) lol 

I am down with the whole piracy thing (I prefer to think of it as aggressive surprise salvaging). I currently have an aurora LN but will hopefully be getting an avenger and or cutlass soon. Hopefully we can put together a good group that is willing to live on the fringes.

LTT conglomerate can use your support. Join us at https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT .   See you in the verse.

Applied to the group, having an Avenger aircraft. Still unsure as to what role I want to play in the Star Citizen community, therefore my purchase of the Avenger.

Case: 650D CPU: i5 4670K GPU: GTX 770 Gaming @1306MHz Motherboard: MAXIMUS VI Hero PSU: AX760 CPU Cooler: H100i RAM: 8GB Vengeance Pro @1866MHz Storage: 840 250GB SSD / 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14

Just a heads up, lots of good info in this weeks Wingman's Hangar. Including an official Sythe reveal (now with PBR, omg my jaw dropped) and a solid date for the dog fighting module, which they'll be debuting at PAX East. PAX East is April 11-13th. After the debut they "hope" to then make it immediately available to backers.     

Supporting LTT Conglomerate https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT with the Drake Cutlass. 

Specs: CPU: i7-3960x @ 4.2GHz | GPU: GTX 690 | 512GB SSD | RAM: 16GB Quad Channel @1600MHz | Alienware micro-ATX X79 Motherboard 

just a heads up but

WE PASSED 700 MEMBERS OMFG!!!

if this keeps going were going to reach a 1000 members by the next week or so  :lol:

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

I would also like to know...

@fredtechcheck no, at the beginning of the dog fight we will be given Test ships, not sure how beta will work though. They might wipe and just give new ones. I'm Sure they will inform us.

@AlexGoesHigh nice, ones we hit 1000 Linus will get an Idris!!

@AlexGoesHigh nice, ones we hit 1000 Linus will get an Idris!!

how? does someone make the promise to give his irdis to the org or CIG plan to give out irdis to org whit 1000+ members before a certain date?

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Just a heads up, lots of good info in this weeks Wingman's Hangar. Including an official Sythe reveal (now with PBR, omg my jaw dropped) and a solid date for the dog fighting module, which they'll be debuting at PAX East. PAX East is April 11-13th. After the debut they "hope" to then make it immediately available to backers.     

I wonder if LTT is planning on being at Pax East. If so is it possible for @Slick to cover the dog fighting module debut?

P.S. maybe @Linus can have another interview with Chris Roberts were he fangirls all over him again  :D

Edited by IG-88

LTT conglomerate can use your support. Join us at https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT .   See you in the verse.

I wonder if LTT is planning on being at Pax East. If so is it possible for @Slick to cover the dog fighting module debut?

He said he would in an after party.

nope, there is a package for 5000 he will buy.

that even more badass :D

i would like to join the organization for exploration once i get my Origin Jumpworks 315p and i can house 2 people with me and also ill have a jump drive

o god, I just spent about 10 minutes arguing with myself. trying to convince my self that I DO NOT need to buy another fucking ship.

I keep looking at the SC store, then back at my bank balance, I have more than enough money to buy a constilation and I kinda want it....but then I remind my self that the game isnt even bloody out yet. I cant use it. Save my money and buy something useful and not another ship, I have two, I only needed one.

Fuck......

This game isnt even out yet and im willing to sell a kidney just to get one more ship. I think I have a problem.

Case: Fractal Design Arc Mini / Motherboard:GigaByte G1-Sniper-M5 / CPU: Intel 4670k / Ram: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600mhz / GPU: Asus GTX770 Direct CU 2GB / PSU: OCZ ZT650 / SSD: 2xSamsung 840 240GB / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB / Cooler: Corsair H100i / Fans: 3x Corsair AF120 + 2 Corsair SP120 / Mouse: Corsair M65 / Keyboard: Cheap Crap/ Headset: Razer Kraken / Misk: 3DConnexion mouse / Flight stick: Cyborg F.L.Y 5

So what would the Engineering group DO? Would that be repairing other peoples ships?

HexCase: Corsair iCUE 5000X RGBCPU: Ryzen R7 3700X  | MOBO: Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaw DDR4-3600 16GB | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB & 480 GB EVO | HDD: 4tb WD Black & 3TB WD Green | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G+ | Cooler: CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT, | Monitor: Acer Predator X34 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB | Mouse: Logitech Hero | OS: Windows 11 | Speakers: Audioengine A5+ | Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud 2 | Laptop/Tablet: TBD | Phone: Samsung Note 9 | PS4 | Xbox One | TV Sony XBR55X900F

o god, I just spent about 10 minutes arguing with myself. trying to convince my self that I DO NOT need to buy another fucking ship.

I keep looking at the SC store, then back at my bank balance, I have more than enough money to buy a constilation and I kinda want it....but then I remind my self that the game isnt even bloody out yet. I cant use it. Save my money and buy something useful and not another ship, I have two, I only needed one.

Fuck......

This game isnt even out yet and im willing to sell a kidney just to get one more ship. I think I have a problem.

well there is a $5000 pack you could be eyeing  :lol: If you get to that point you probably have a problem

Fuck......

Lol I did something similar, I had a Cutlass and then I was eyeing the fighters and ended up saying fuck it and buying a Hornet as well.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump