LTT Conglomerate main discussion thread

Does anyone have any speculation or insight on the 300 series rework? I've heard that this Friday they're removing the $0 ship upgrade options and I'm torn between a 315p and a reliant kore (same price atm). Obviously the 315 is miles ahead in terms of combat (size 2 weapons instead of size 1, better shields, more resilient thruster placement, higher top speeds) but the kore is much more versatile outside of combat (extra seat, lots of cargo space, lots of optional modules for science/combat equipment). Only downside is no factory jump engine in the kore, so I'd have to buy one once the full game launches.

Build: Intel S2600gz, 2x E5-2670, EVGA SC 1070, Zotac 1060 6GB mini, 48GB Micron 1333mhz ECC DDR3, 2x Intel DPS-750XB 750 watt PSU

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/elerek/saved/3T7D4D

• 10 months later...
On 16/03/2018 at 8:43 AM, Beratna said:

Still nothing to this date, also looking forward to an update. Only thing I read is that they will finish the 600i first and use the design for the 300 series (can't find a source though).

Will look into it for you, need to checkout one of the AtV ship shapes

• 10 months later...

@rsgametechHoly thread necro batman! We almost managed to get a full year of nothing in here ?

FPS got pretty good lately thanks to object container streaming. The citys are still a bit too large to get good frames but anywhere else you can reach 3 digit fps given enough graphics power or small enough resolution. Netcode still sucks and even on SSD you may have the occasional hiccup

Content... is there... if you look close enough. You can make some money with cargo trading, racing nobody ever joins and therefore fail by default, ship or fps combat missions, and there are even some scripted mission chains, but within 10h you've probably seen and done everything that there is now. Planets and moons are cool until you realize how empty they are and doing some sick jumps in a Cyclone is only fun until you flip and destroy it and realize that there is no insurance on in game bought ships.

Did you know this forum has an unofficial/official Star Citizen group? Head over to our organization's page, numerous forum threads or our LTTC Discord Server to find out more.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/28/2019 at 8:37 AM, innominata said:

TIL my favourite youtube channel has an org for my favourite game

Same!

I mean I think I've heard mentions about this years ago when I was just lurking and saw suspicious posters on the wall in some of the videos but wow, over 3000 members as of today? It's been a long while since I last tried the game. Maybe my new build has a chance at capping the fps against netcode

3700X | NH-D15 | X470-F | 2x16GB @3200MHz | RTX 2060 Ventus OC

RM650x | Fractal Design R4 | NVMe 970 EVO Plus 512GB | SATA 850 EVO 512GB

<Build Log>

• 4 months later...
2 minutes ago, rentaspoon said:

Discord is down!

Back to the old school chat

so dusty in here

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Otto_iii said:

the state of 
image.thumb.png.b0140f1d9eb94091d0b44d41b6973d62.png

Wait, you're telling me that you're not supposed to stand there? 

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

• 3 months later...
1 minute ago, Wauthar said:

Cut off one head and 7 will grow in its place :D

UnripeGrossFrilledlizard-size_restricted

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Star Citizen Patch 3.9.0

Alpha Patch 3.9.0 has been released to PTU, and is now available to test! Patch should now show: VERSION 3.9.0-PTU.5047075.

It is strongly recommended that players delete their USER folder for the Public client after patching, particularly if you start encountering any odd character graphical issues or crash on loading. The USER folder can be found (in default installations) at C:\Program Files\Roberts Space Industries\StarCitizen\PTU.

Database Reset: YES
Long Term Persistence: Enabled

Please monitor sc-testing-chat in spectrum for updates and testing instructions.

USER.cfg settings:
r_displaySessionInfo = 1

Testing Focus
  • Esperia Prowler
  • Contact and Party System Update
  • Caterpillar Prison Ship Mission
  • New Babbage and microTech's Moons
  • Personal Interaction System
  • Mining: Volatile cargo and mining consumables
  • Prison Systems
  • Actor Status System
Known Issues
  • Ships spawned at Area18 immediately explode. W/A: Avoid Area18.
  • All ships are loadout locked and can't be customized. W/A: Ships can be customized in the hangar and persist into the universe.
  • Missiles and Torpedoes launched beyond 1000 meters may not reach their target.
  • Players can get stuck in a loading screen upon leaving prison or entering a second time.
  • Prison suit loadouts are saved after the player exits prison.
  • Prison suit loadouts can be saved if a user exits the PU and enters the hangar.
  • The KC Trending shop keeper stands idly and doesn't not interact with the player.
  • Karoby energy bars are missing from all locations.
  • Ships outside of New Deal lack interaction prompts.
  • Ground vehicles can not be spawned from ASOP terminals.
  • Changes to the character model do not always persist into the PU.
  • An extra, static train may appear at Area18, Lorville, or New Babbage.
  • Unmanned turrets do not fire at the player if they have a crimestat.
  • All Platinum bay outposts are missing ASOP terminals.
  • Its possible to get the contact notification window stuck behind the main menu.
  • Being in a large party causes markers to not display correctly while inside a ship.

New Features

Characters
  • Added microTech clothing collection.
Locations
  • Added New Babbage Landing Zone - Interiors
Enclosed to protect the inhabitants against the freezing elements, New Babbage is a major social and economic trading hub on microTech. Although it features microTech’s flagship store, the landing zone is a haven for smaller tech companies.
  • Added Klescher automated prison
Players who are directly killed by or die within a short distance of security forces or bounty hunters will now go to prison. In prison, all player inventory is inaccessible, and instead players are given a stock prison suit and a multi-tool with a mining attachment. Players can serve their time normally or contribute to society by mining crystals within the attached mining sections. Crystals can be exchanged for "merits" to reduce your sentence using kiosks located near the mines. Once your sentence is complete, look for the "processing" section of the prison and interact with the kiosk. You will wake up at your last port.
  • Added microTech Moons: Calliope, Clio, and Euterpe
  • Added caves and cave missions to microTech and its moons.
  • Added food to shops and stands throughout the verse.
Gameplay
  • New Criminal Mission: Hijacked Caterpillar Prisoner Transport
  • Added mining laser sub-items
Sub-items are consumable components which attach to advanced mining laser heads and provide a temporary modifier for increased effectiveness. Sub-items can be activated within the cockpit using the interaction system while actively mining. With them you can, for a time, decide to use one to decrease the instability or lower resistance, increase the optimal window, and so on. While most have a duration, some of them have instant effect on the process so they can be used in case of emergencies or as an instant boost.
  • Introduced a volatile mineable ore
We have introduced Quantainium ore which is available throughout the universe. Quantainium is highly unstable and once mined the player will need to use care in how they transport it and how long they take to transport it. Any impact will cause it to degrade and the ore will also degrade over time. Once it degrades to a certain extent it will be in danger of exploding. When it becomes dangerous the player will receive a visual/audio warning and will have the option to eject all cargo. Failing to eject risks ship damage and destruction. Given the risk, successful delivery of quantainium will be a lucrative endeavor.
  • Added two new surface harvestables
  • Added in-hand weapon attachment swapping
Players can now customize weapon attachments by interacting with the weapons themselves when held. Hold down F and click on "customize" on a held weapon that can use custom attachments. This will allow you to change weapon components such as sights, barrel attachments, and under barrel attachments.
  • Added bindings for single axis first person zoom and first person zoom in/out toggle button
  • Players can now exit ezHAB beds using basic (WASD) movement keys
  • Added quick buy option with price to food items in shops
  • New actor status system
With the variety of extreme environments throughout the verse, players will have to factor in extreme hot and cold temperatures when planning their adventures. If you want to stay safe in these conditions, equip yourself with the new Caldera Pembroke and Novikov suits. If you're not equipped for the temperatures, you'll begin to suffer the negative effects of hyperthermia and hypothermia, eventually resulting in death. As with preparing your equipment for different temperatures, you have to prepare your body as well. We have also added "hunger" and thirst", which will be increasing constantly, so you'll need to stay topped up if you don't want to suffer the effects of dehydration or starvation. In addition, keeping yourself hydrated and well fed may have positive benefits to motor functions. You can use the commodities inventory to stow away store-able foods and drinks for the journey ahead. Hunger and thirst are persistent effects that carry over from session to session. A more detailed UI has been added to the player visor to track these various states and is visible when activating the personal inner-thought wheel (F+right click)
Ships and Vehicles
  • Added Esperia Prowler
Named after the UEE military designation, the Prowler is a modernized version of the infamous Tevarin boarding craft from the First Tevarin War. With the recent discovery of the lost Tevarin planet in Kabal System, Esperia’s engineers were given unmitigated access to examine the preserved ships found in several of the caches, before meticulously recreating the design choices.
The Prowler’s effectiveness as a rapid personnel deployment vehicle was mainly due to its silence. The boarding was constructed using a variety of techniques to minimize its signatures and get close to unsuspecting vessels before quickly deploying their boarders via EVA.
Weapons and Items
  • Added new ship weapon: Esperia Lightstrike Cannons
An Esperia recreation of Tevarin historic technology, these energy cannons come in sizes 1 to 3 and are designed for medium to long ranges.
  • Added new s hip weapon series: Esperia Deadbolt Cannons
An Esperia recreation of Tevarin historic technology, the Deadbolt series are ballistic cannons ranging from size 4 to sized 6 and are designed for short range engagements during drops.
Core Tech
  • Added new contact list and party system flow via unification with Spectrum friend's list
The in-game friend's list now uses your Spectrum friends and has been entirely reworked. The main menu now has a "Friends" tab and a "Notifications" tab. Friends can be added directly by using the "+Add" key and all friends/contact notifications will appear in the notifications tab until dismissed (note: crash recovery will also appear here). When creating a party, a new tab will appear showing party members and leader. The pre-3.9 in-game contacts list will be merged into your existing Spectrum friend's list once 3.9 goes live, but for now PTU spectrum is where the PTU friend's list can be tested.

Feature Updates

Locations
  • Updated geological aspects of various planetary bodies with new visuals and assets
  • Default spawn location choices have been updated to only include major city locations (New Babbage, Area18, Lorville)
  • Added size 1 gimbals to all shops that carry gimbals
  • Sprint speed while your fists are raised has been increased to match unarmed sprint speed
  • Adjusted atmosphere density for ArcCorp and Hurston
  • Updated arrival radius distance for lagrange points - from 120km to 70km
  • Placed comm arrays around planets and moons and reduced their monitoring radius to cover just those sectors
  • Updated kiosk screens at Port Olisar, Lorville, Levski, Area18, and Grim HEX
  • Increased the brightness of the exterior lights around Levski.
AI
  • Updated ship AI behavior to include greater speed ranges and improved avoidance
Gameplay
  • Updated first person radial menu for personal inner-thought interaction system
The updated Radial menu gives quick access to certain actions which are context specific, such as on foot or in a pilot seat. These actions include emotes, weapon customizations, helmet removal, and many more. Each action is also shown with its relevant keybind where applicable. The menu will save your most used actions as favorites on the main wheel and can be accessed by opening the Personal Thought menu by holding F and right clicking (interact + mouse2).
  • Increased the payout of all criminal missions by 50%
  • Added infraction to immediately impound player ships that collide with ships with the right to be within a landing area
  • Shifted the threshold to obtain lvl 4 and 5 crime stats

20 minutes ago, rentaspoon said:

NEVER

AND EVER AND FOREVER

4 hours ago, rentaspoon said:
  • Ships spawned at Area18 immediately explode. W/A: Avoid Area18.

Don't tell me what not to do

john-locke-facts.jpg

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

And now I want to play SC instead of work :/

Ryzen 7  2700x | 16GB RAM | GTX 2080ti EVGA | Noctua LTT Edition D15 | Inwin 303 White | Roccat Suora | Logitech G903 Wireless| AKG K92 |

Star Citizen Linus Tech Tips Conglomerate Wolf Pack, Bane Wing Commander | LTTC Discord Chat | About the UOLTT | Referral Code Randomiser

There may or may not be a mop in my profile picture, don't ask about the mop... Just Look Here

This has now been made available for all backers against 3.9.0r

Notable Changes / Additions

• New Babage Interiors available
  • Esperal Prowler now flyable
  • Prision has been added with Missions
  • Prison Systems
  • Personal Interaction System

More than just my notes can be seen here - https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/190048/thread/star-citizen-alpha-3-9-0r-ptu-5101286-patch-notes

Ryzen 7  2700x | 16GB RAM | GTX 2080ti EVGA | Noctua LTT Edition D15 | Inwin 303 White | Roccat Suora | Logitech G903 Wireless| AKG K92 |

Star Citizen Linus Tech Tips Conglomerate Wolf Pack, Bane Wing Commander | LTTC Discord Chat | About the UOLTT | Referral Code Randomiser

There may or may not be a mop in my profile picture, don't ask about the mop... Just Look Here

worth buying or naw?

IE is there stuff to do? Does it run not terrible?

Spoiler
Spoiler

prolly necessary to list specs so...

windows 10 64 bit

ryzen 5 2400g

amd r9 390 (not X)

16 gb ram

4 hours ago, fpo said:

worth buying or naw?

Depends on who you speak to, development is slow and updates are often breaky. Scope creep is real. They bring some cool features sometimes tho.

4 hours ago, fpo said:

IE is there stuff to do?

There's plenty of death stranding drug smuggling runs to be had, and some more recent combat missions. Mining was recently added with some cool looking things

4 hours ago, fpo said:

Does it run not terrible?

Depends on the patch iirc. My pc chugs a bit, but it's old. but i'd say it runs ok

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

4 hours ago, fpo said:

worth buying or naw?

IE is there stuff to do? Does it run not terrible?

Reveal hidden contents
Spoiler

prolly necessary to list specs so...

windows 10 64 bit

ryzen 5 2400g

amd r9 390 (not X)

16 gb ram

It has content but there is not too much right now, latest changes have just hit the LIVE alpha code which gives us quite a few ships, a dozen or so missions and lots of exploration. There is now a minor survival aspect with eating and drinking.

It is quite a buggy game all in all as it is still alpha (yeah I know, long time in alpha).

Performance as stated by @ixi_your_face dependant on the patch, I have an overkill gpu and its not being fully used as I am RAM bound right now in game. Its pretty heavy on RAM wanting around 10gb usually. This patch with my RAM being hogged I get between 20 - 40 fps now, average about 30 unfortunatly.