LTT Conglomerate main discussion thread

Ahh yeah I know that feeling

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/NerdNinja/saved/2xn9TW This is a list of what I have and don't have. Although the prices aren't necessarily accurate because I got almost all the items from ebay or the classifieds here.

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

What was the original price for the Idris?

@Maciek

IIRC it was originally a 5k Kickstarter pledge.

-This space intentionally left blank-

@Maciek
@Creiger
No thats the WAR pack, its still available. 
The idris alone was 1000-1100 during a special sale moment BEFORE the 24 hour stream, that was for the Military Idris with the Sexy Mofo Railgun.

The civil one was 1100-1300 During the 24 Hour Life stream last year.
i was there, i remember. Just not the prices. but it was not 5000. 

Quote button broke for anyone else?

Anyway. @rentaspoon I want to get up and running asap. There are no am3+ MOBO's that are ITX and I can always upgrade later. I got the case for $15 on ebay :)

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

Hmmmmmm..... Really want to upgrade my 300i to 350r, since the 350 has been on my radar for a long time. Gotta go fast, y'know.

Quote button broke for anyone else?

Anyway. @rentaspoon I want to get up and running asap. There are no am3+ MOBO's that are ITX and I can always upgrade later. I got the case for $15 on ebay :)

Fair enough, I've just gone the other way, upgraded from a silverstone SG09 to a Enthoo Pro, pentium is OK anyway.

I had a choice between 8350 or a 1 month old 4690K and went 8350.

Hmmmmmm..... Really want to upgrade my 300i to 350r, since the 350 has been on my radar for a long time. Gotta go fast, y'know.

Well you can test the 300 series so you can see if its worth it or not

Quote button broke for anyone else?Anyway. @rentaspoon I want to get up and running asap. There are no am3+ MOBO's that are ITX and I can always upgrade later. I got the case for $15 on ebay :)
Fair enough, I've just gone the other way, upgraded from a silverstone SG09 to a Enthoo Pro, pentium is OK anyway.I had a choice between 8350 or a 1 month old 4690K and went 8350.
Well you can test the 300 series this week, so you can see if its worth it or notJust took out all the 300 series and hate to say it but the stock setups are rubbish.

I'm still hanging out for one of my ships to actually be flyable lol I don't care if its the Avenger the Cutless or the damn AMD Mustang Omega lol I'd be happy if could do more then look at any of them also curious how the Mustang Omega compares to the 350r and M50.

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

also curious how the Mustang Omega compares to the 350r and M50.

Slowest of the bunch I should think but still not entirely useless elsewhere I should think (good thrusters maybe)

Slowest of the bunch I should think but still not entirely useless elsewhere I should think (good thrusters maybe)

I guess RSI only value it at $60 so considerably cheaper then the others being slower would make sense. Based on its shape I want to say it looks to be the most fragile of the lot also not that looking fragile always means it is going to be fragile though.

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

I guess RSI only value it at $60 so considerably cheaper then the others being slower would make sense. Based on its shape I want to say it looks to be the most fragile of the lot also not that looking fragile always means it is going to be fragile though.

$60? Where did you see that? It's meant to be the same price as the Aurora

$60? Where did you see that? It's meant to be the same price as the Aurora

I have the AMD limited edition version when you redeem it, it gives you $60USD to spend and the AMD Mustang Omega happens to be the only thing you're able to spend that credit on and it's price is listed as $60USD (Short answer in the process of redeeming it with the AMD Never Settle code on the RSI website)

Yes the ship was the 1 reason I bought a MSI R9 270x 4gb OC card for my HTPC lol

I have the AMD limited edition version when you redeem it, it gives you $60USD to spend and the AMD Mustang Omega happens to be the only thing you're able to spend that credit on and it's price is listed as $60USD (Short answer in the process of redeeming it with the AMD Never Settle code on the RSI website)

Yes the ship was the 1 reason I bought a MSI R9 270x 4gb OC card for my HTPC lol

I guess the AMD + the upgrades makes it up to $60

I brought my MSI 970 2gb OC for BF4.

I think you got the better deal.

I guess the AMD + the upgrades makes it up to $60

I brought my MSI 970 2gb OC for BF4.

I think you got the better deal.

I got Alien Isolation on release day with the pre-order bonus and the oldish Tomb Raider remake with it also lol I've actually got the the AMD ship twice now(gave one to a family member) along with 4 other games I had a buddy buy a 270 on my account so I claimed his Never settle bonus(3 games) also lol The ship was the only thing worth a damn IMO though.

I got stupid lucky, bought a Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-x that gave me the mustang but turned out to be a bad card. Sent for exchange but they were out so I got a full refund (while keeping my free games!). Now I have a MSI 970 on the way that will get used to put my AMD mustang in the sky. Should I feel dirty about that? Also is there a way to upgrade from mustang to 350R or the M50. Thats what I really want.

AND THANKS FOR THE WELCOME POSTS!!!!

Well you can test the 300 series this week, so you can see if its worth it or not

The thing is, I haven't ever launched Arena Commander yet, and I'm not sure how well my graphics card will hold up. =/

Should really do that right about now.

The thing is, I haven't ever launched Arena Commander yet, and I'm not sure how well my graphics card will hold up. =/

It should be fine on the lower settings :)

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

Just play it on ugly 640 x 480 if you have to just to give it a try.

welp, Chris made the 63m reward pets, so space polar bears might be a thing now.

Just waiting for a pet that can retrieve your "dead" body from space and somehow get you to a nearby restoration facility. 

Me: Computer Engineer. Geek. Nerd.

[Educational] Computer Architecture: Computer Memory Hierarchy

[Educational] Computer Architecture:  What is SSE/AVX? (SIMD)

welp, Chris made the 63m reward pets, so space polar bears might be a thing now.

"pets" something that is running around your house is my guess, or a cleaning droid

Just waiting for a pet that can retrieve your "dead" body from space and somehow get you to a nearby restoration facility. 

that´s never going to happen. 

Anybody up for a game tonight, bout 21:00 GMT?

Wooooooop Woooop Fuzz Armstrong for real!
"pets" something that is running around your house is my guess, or a cleaning droidthat´s never going to happen.
Duuuude buzzkill! What have you done with the real CatCloud?

Dibbs on Hamish the space hamster.

also, posting in here for more exposure:

I'm going to be making a push to get the org page actually updated by the new year.

Here's that catch; I want you all to help.

Lets get the org page updated for the new year, new infograph, updates shiplist, actual manifesto!

I'll start with what's probably the biggest issue with the org page, the infograph.

It needs updating, badly. So. What i'm looking for is some active members to head up member approval and list updating. Aswell as periodic updates to the shiplist infograph. You know i've already got the doc and that's waiting to go, it just needs updating to be working again. I was planning on making it easier to read with ship codes, but with the amount of ships they're adding, it seems like that's gonna be a pain to do the upkeep of. So, a few people for that.

Another issue is the manifesto and history. While we have a manifesto, we don't have a history. We need one. I'd like it to follow SC lore, but also be somewhat LTT-ey.

That's it i guess, i'll be making an effort to be somewhat more active over the holidays and new year period. After the org page is fullly updated, we can start pushing the org and actually advertising, because at current, our org has grown to this size unaided from active advertising, which is incredible.

PM me if you wanna help ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.