LTT Conglomerate main discussion thread

latest patch seems to improve multithreaded performance according to release note, but AC .9 comes in the next 2 weeks, so they might improve thing a bit more when that arrives

There was the big issue of rubberbanding that was solved last patch, so yes it has but to what degree and if it helps you I don't know. So definitely yes but best way to know if it works for you is to try a match.

Alright, thanks guys.

COMIC SANS

I'm just waiting on SLI to work :P

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

I'm just waiting on SLI to work :P

Deciding on going crossfire or notbut won't until they sort out that problem

Does anybody know if Star Citizen has been optimized a bit more? Because I'm waiting for not so huge FPS drops before I play it again...

I went from 3 to 20! But over clocking pushed it to a playable 30 fps.

Version 1.0 should be out in 2 to 3 months so hopefully stable by then

I was bad. D: I couldn't help it anymore and with it being the last day I upgraded my Connie to the Phoenix. And then I was sad cause of the cargo space I lost so I also bought a brand new Taurus-class to somehow also jam into the hangar. >.>

-This space intentionally left blank-

Does anybody know if Star Citizen has been optimized a bit more? Because I'm waiting for not so huge FPS drops before I play it again...

Hey! Yes, my 770 went from 40 to 60fps :D It can only get better.

Main Rig: Illya V2, the Tiny Titan: ||i7 8700k 5GHz @ 1.385v (delidded)|| ||NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE|| ||KrakenZ63|| ||ASRock Z390-Phantom-ITX/ac|| ||Corsair SF750||

2nd Rig: Illya V1, the Air Cooled Prodigy: ||i7 4790k 4.4GHz @ 1.3v|| |NVIDIA RTX 2080 FE|| ||Be Quiet! Dark Rock 2|| ||ASRock Z87-E|| ||SeaSonic G-Series 550w (Carbon Fiber Mod)||

Captain isHypnophobic of the LTT Conglomerate.

It is only to be expected that it will, I mean it is still alpha so they have just been making it work, optimisation will come as more bugs and things get fixed and the code gets looked at more and more. they are still chopping and changing things about so its probably not the best stage to do massive optimisation.

Shweeeet! I need to give it another try on my 770 now :)

Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate Wants you! Join now!

UOLTT Basop | Misc Freelancer & Origin M50

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

-Groucho Marx

Damn I missed a lot since I'm on holiday :(

Everything looks so cool now, especially the new hangars. I LOVE the clean and stylish white hangar design.

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

As long as were talking about performance here. How well do you guys think this system will get plus a Dual Dissipation R9 270 from Sapphire? (Already Owned)

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/WRFqrH
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/WRFqrH/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 3.2GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($69.29 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($24.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: ASRock Z97M Anniversary Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($86.97 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Kingston 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($83.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($51.98 @ OutletPC) 
Case: BitFenix Prodigy M Midnight MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($99.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($30.00) 
Total: $447.21
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-08-19 14:16 EDT-0400

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

As long as were talking about performance here. How well do you guys think this system will get plus a Dual Dissipation R9 270 from Sapphire? (Already Owned)

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($24.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: ASRock Z97M Anniversary Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($86.97 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($51.98 @ OutletPC) 

You're probably looking at pretty low settings. Star Citizen is being updated with better multi-threaded support in the next patch, so you may want to get a low end i5 rather than that Pentium, if your budget can stretch

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 3.2GHz Dual-Core Processor ($69.29 @ Amazon)

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($24.99 @ Newegg)

Motherboard: ASRock Z97M Anniversary Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($86.97 @ Newegg)

Memory: Kingston 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($83.99 @ Amazon)

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($51.98 @ OutletPC)

Case: BitFenix Prodigy M Midnight MicroATX Mini Tower Case ($99.99 @ Newegg)

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($30.00)

A R9 270 you can run on medium fine, you can probably run it faster but I prefer smooth fps.

My worry would be the Pentium, I honestly don't think it'll be powerful enough from what I've seen, go i5 or better

Or amd 8320/8350, I haven't seen any 6300 so far

A R9 270 you can run on medium fine, you can probably run it faster but I prefer smooth fps. My worry would be the Pentium, I honestly don't think it'll be powerful enough from what I've seen, go i5 or better Or amd 8320/8350, I haven't seen any 6300 so far

You're probably looking at pretty low settings. Star Citizen is being updated with better multi-threaded support in the next patch, so you may want to get a low end i5 rather than that Pentium, if your budget can stretch

If you guys can recommend a CPU for the same or lower price that would be great.

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

If you guys can recommend a CPU for the same or lower price that would be great.

Does it have to be a Matx/itx build ? US dollars right?

Does it have to be a Matx/itx build ? US dollars right?

Preferably yes.

This'll do

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/HDKdGX

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor  ($108.00 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard  ($49.79 @ Newegg) 
Total: $448.74
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-08-19 14:41 EDT-0400

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

This'll do

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/HDKdGX

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor  ($108.00 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard  ($49.79 @ Newegg) 
Total: $448.74
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-08-19 14:41 EDT-0400

6 Cores! Cool! How would that cpu perform if I were to edit video's and 3d Model? Maybe animation.

6 Cores! Cool! How would that cpu perform if I were to edit video's and 3d Model? Maybe animation.

Not bad. AMD has an advantage in video editing anyway. I wouldn't be rendering 4K 3 hour long videos and expecting it to be done this side of next week, but it should hold up fairly well.

I'd also ask in this forum: http://linustechtips.com/main/forum/18-new-builds-and-planning/

They can double check everything and may even have better opinions

Not bad. AMD has an advantage in video editing anyway. I wouldn't be rendering 4K 3 hour long videos and expecting it to be done this side of next week, but it should hold up fairly well.

I'd also ask in this forum: http://linustechtips.com/main/forum/18-new-builds-and-planning/

They can double check everything and may even have better opinions

I have many times. I actually posted today and only got 10 replies. Guess I didn't ask enough questions.

You wouldn't be able to over clock on an amd matx board much either go with that if your happy not over clocking, spend more on a atx build or go with your pentium build but understand that you'll need to upgrade the CPU at some point.

You wouldn't be able to over clock on an amd matx board much either go with that if your happy not over clocking, spend more on a atx build or go with your pentium build but understand that you'll need to upgrade the CPU at some point.

Decisions! Ughhhh

Decisions! Ughhhh

My opinion would be to save andbspend more on an i5 unless you need a PC now in which case I would look at a 6300/6350 with a lower tier gaming mobo.

Decisions! Ughhhh

Personally I would go with the AMD build just because you would be much better off having the extra cores even though they might be weaker. 6 is a lot more than 2 and since SC is getting better with multithreaded CPUs it's worth it.

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

Hmmm

My rig is well somewhat same as yours(i have the 770 lightning which i OC'ed 1358 mhz core clock and 3705 memory clock) and i didnt see any boost like you're talking about.

I use the latest nvidia drivers and fraps to see my fps.

Edit: Is that on very high or just high graphics settings,and multiplayer or free flight?

I have many times. I actually posted today and only got 10 replies. Guess I didn't ask enough questions.

This might be because of similar threads that people have already replied to, take a look around tat section and see what you can find there may be a similar thread in your price range and aiming in a similar direction.

I would also save up for an i5 if you can, otherwise go for an amd build but stay away from pentium or dual core things as you will build it and continually wish you had saved up. also look at upgrade paths you don't want to be stuck with a big clump of blergh come upgrade time I know this is not an easy thing to do but its good to at least think about.

Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate Wants you! Join now!

UOLTT Basop | Misc Freelancer & Origin M50

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

-Groucho Marx

This might be because of similar threads that people have already replied to, take a look around tat section and see what you can find there may be a similar thread in your price range and aiming in a similar direction.

I would also save up for an i5 if you can, otherwise go for an amd build but stay away from pentium or dual core things as you will build it and continually wish you had saved up. also look at upgrade paths you don't want to be stuck with a big clump of blergh come upgrade time I know this is not an easy thing to do but its good to at least think about.

To add to this if you go small form factor with the prodigy you will start limiting what upgrades you can do in the future

Can we shift funds drom the case to the motherboard and cpu or are you dead set on that case. If we can change it does it need to be mATX?

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.