LTT Conglomerate main discussion thread

I remember Chris did answer a question similar to this on 10 for the chair, saying they are still deciding what do if you just down right don't return a players ship. Maybe it will just automatically get taken away from you, or such, but they are still deciding. 

That would still be cool if you can sell it in time because it would disappear for the player u sold it to.  No Refunds!  Was also thinking it would be possible for insurance fraud if you cut the person you are stealing it from in on it and he gets a new ship and you get his old one, split profit.

:ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r: They're more like guide lines than actual rules. :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

I remember Chris did answer a question similar to this on 10 for the chair, saying they are still deciding what do if you just down right don't return a players ship. Maybe it will just automatically get taken away from you, or such, but they are still deciding. 

not returning a players ship would simply be piracy, it would become kinda yours and the player would claim insurance you would then be hunted down, shot and quartered. the ship also if I have it right wouldn't be able to be freely used in UEE space. I doubt if it will be taken away like *poof* gone because that would take away from the realism that is trying to be portrayed especially for such a simple crime.

Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate Wants you! Join now!

UOLTT Basop | Misc Freelancer & Origin M50

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

-Groucho Marx

They get marked as stolen

Ya but i also seem to remember him saying that it would be possible to change ship id numbers or something like in a real chop shop.  I could also just disassemble it and sell the parts at a discount.  This sounds like allot of fun.  i want to now more about this and really try to be the shady used ship salesman and discount ship parts supplier (everything is stolen), operate out of Pyro or Spyder or something and really try to make my billions that way.

not returning a players ship would simply be piracy, it would become kinda yours and the player would claim insurance you would then be hunted down, shot and quartered. the ship also if I have it right wouldn't be able to be freely used in UEE space. I doubt if it will be taken away like *poof* gone because that would take away from the realism that is trying to be portrayed especially for such a simple crime.

oh i completely understand that it would be illegal.  But other citizens who involve themselves in illegal activities would be interested in cheap ships and would not care if ship is marked as stolen or not.  Also for an extra fee i can have the "stolen" id removed.

:ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r: They're more like guide lines than actual rules. :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

Ya but i also seem to remember him saying that it would be possible to change ship id numbers or something like in a real chop shop. I could also just disassemble it and sell the parts at a discount. This sounds like allot of fun. i want to now more about this and really try to be the shady used ship salesman and discount ship parts supplier (everything is stolen), operate out of Pyro or Spyder or something and really try to make my billions that way.

Yeah but with the eco system you'd have to hit the important ships, you just wouldn't make enough cash selling easy prey since your not going to be the only one, you'd be better being a middle man buying and selling

Yeah but with the eco system you'd have to hit the important ships, you just wouldn't make enough cash selling easy prey since your not going to be the only one, you'd be better being a middle man buying and selling

Okay i can understand that maybe but any successful crime boss has to control his market.  Either forcing the ship stealers (couldnt think of good title) to work with you or you make their life difficult.   Also you must destroy anyone trying to sell stolen ships in the sectors you control.  Also you have to start somewhere and everyone wants a good deal on a ship.  Eventually yes we would get into rare/ larger ships.

I doubt if it will be taken away like *poof* gone because that would take away from the realism that is trying to be portrayed especially for such a simple crime.

The despawning idea is to stop over saturation of ships but a job as a someone picking up a junker would be good as it's another way to create jobs/money and doesn't kill the immersion.

Okay i can understand that maybe but any successful crime boss has to control his market. Either forcing the ship stealers (couldnt think of good title) to work with you or you make their life difficult. Also you must destroy anyone trying to sell stolen ships in the sectors you control. Also you have to start somewhere and everyone wants a good deal on a ship. Eventually yes we would get into rare/ larger ships.

Yep, I just prefer to be the man without a big bounty on his head that can get things.

Like the idea of quietly shift ships to the UOLTT for black ops, think of LAMP marked ship to take out the TEST base etc whilst we are the ones flying them

The despawning idea is to stop over saturation of ships but a job as a someone picking up a junker would be good as it's another way to create jobs/money and doesn't kill the immersion.

Yep, I just prefer to be the man without a big bounty on his head that can get things.

Like the idea of quietly shift ships to the UOLTT for black ops, think of LAMP marked ship to take out the TEST base etc whilst we are the ones flying them

Yes but after a certain amount of success you can afford to do the facial reconstruction surgery that CR talked about in order to remove your bounty.  And at that point i would assume you would have lower associates doing the leg work for you.  And also that was also my idea was would be a great source of black ops ships for the UOLTT as well as the less than reputable pilots in our organization.  Also the ability to deconstruct the ships to obtain cheap parts for the Org would be of very high value.

Yes but after a certain amount of success you can afford to do they facial reconstruction surgery that CR talked about in order to remove your bounty. And at that point i would assume you would have lower associates doing the leg work for you. And also that was also my idea was would be a great source of black ops ships for the UOLTT as well as the less than reputable pilots in our organization. Also the ability to deconstruct the ships to obtain cheap parts for the Org would be of very high value.

Yeah but your way creates a lot of enemies by holding done sectors, my way creates "allies" but the risk/reward isn't as high

Swings and roundabouts

Yeah but your way creates a lot of enemies by holding done sectors, my way creates "allies" but the risk/reward isn't as high

Swings and roundabouts

So basically insurance fraud with members of uoltt.

So basically insurance fraud with members of uoltt.

Mm hadn't thought of that

I was thinking of offloading hot vehicles, ones that people don't want for whatever reason and selling them to people who don't want to get marked in there own ship

btw there is some news from gamescom today, sadly I don't have a source link due to crappy live streams anyway, 6 degrees of freedom is coming, new patch on the 27th, more stuff tomorrow. also chris is working on a way to have full planetary motion

Well why wouldn't members just sell there own ships if they didn't want them anymore?  Not sure there will be allot of charity ships lying around.  But, lets say a member takes some damage from a skirmish or fight.  Member then travels to a system we occupy then bails out and claims his ship as a loss to get another ship Instead of repairing ship.  Another member then collects his ship for re i.d.ing  or salvage purposes and pays original owner a fee for his services.  So the ship that was collected would not be marked as stolen but would technically be salvage.  Thus eliminating bounty.  This could be a crazy fast way of boosting Org ships under the radar.  If we all did this within first few days of the PU we could essentially double the ships UOLTT controls within a matter days, and without paying anything more than insurance.

^Operation Double Down

Well why wouldn't members just sell there own ships if they didn't want them anymore? Not sure there will be allot of charity ships lying around. But, lets say a member takes some damage from a skirmish or fight. Member then travels to a system we occupy then bails out and claims his ship as a loss to get another ship Instead of repairing ship. Another member then collects his ship for re i.d.ing or salvage purposes and pays original owner a fee for his services. So the ship that was collected would not be marked as stolen but would technically be salvage. Thus eliminating bounty. This could be a crazy fast way of boosting Org ships under the radar. If we all did this within first few days of the PU we could essentially double the ships UOLTT controls within a matter days, and without paying anything more than insurance.

Yeah but the ships are gonna have to be collected by an insurance company as when you claim for a new ship the old one is then theirs (obviously none confirmed stuff). I like the idea anyway

you will have a hard time collecting a ship which has exploded/stolen. the salvage thing is a bit tough to pull off.

it's better to just steal/buy more ships, from outside the org, or build ships within the org, if possible, and I will find out.

found the reference video finally

They get marked as stolen

Exactly. Then you can try to "legalize" the ship by taking it to some shady mutant at the verge of known space who can change the hull number or whatnot. This is going to be almost as expensive as the new ship. This is what I recall from one of the episodes of "10 for the chairman"

I agree with the over saturation point but I think they would only do that if I remember correctly after a long period of time that say the ship has been floating about in free space (and salvage is too time consuming or boring) just to de clutter things a bit. the main method of getting rid of dead ships would be from salvage operations.

we can put the bounty on your arm if you prefer?

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

-Groucho Marx

Exactly. Then you can try to "legalize" the ship by taking it to some shady mutant at the verge of known space who can change the hull number or whatnot. This is going to be almost as expensive as the new ship. This is what I recall from one of the episodes of "10 for the chairman"

I can't see why they would make it so easy otherwise you would have people farming ships, how quickly are they marked and can you scrub all of the marks off? Just seems to easy

I can't see why they would make it so easy otherwise you would have people farming ships, how quickly are they marked and can you scrub all of the marks off? Just seems to easy

They'll try to make it not easy in a way that it's going to be not only expensive but also dangerous. You'll have to travel through the most crazy parts of the galaxy so you might as well never make it to the garage. Then you loose your looted ship as you don't have the insurance. They'll figure something out to make people think twice before stealing :)

They'll try to make it not easy in a way that it's going to be not only expensive but also dangerous. You'll have to travel through the most crazy parts of the galaxy so you might as well never make it to the garage. Then you loose your looted ship as you don't have the insurance. They'll figure something out to make people think twice before stealing :)

Ah now I remember! Pretty sure they said stolen ships that have been "cleaned" can't be insured, IIRC

I agree with the over saturation point but I think they would only do that if I remember correctly after a long period of time that say the ship has been floating about in free space (and salvage is too time consuming or boring) just to de clutter things a bit. the main method of getting rid of dead ships would be from salvage operations.

we can put the bounty on your arm if you prefer?

I was thinking of ships stolen by joyriders and not destroyed but yeah salvage would be the same thing I suppose, just seems cool dragging a ship back from somewhere to a crusher or something.

I don't need help with a bounty thanks, I tried playing EVE once, ended up with a big bounty on my head before I'd finished the tutorial.

Ah now I remember! Pretty sure they said stolen ships that have been "cleaned" can't be insured, IIRC

I was thinking of ships stolen by joyriders and not destroyed but yeah salvage would be the same thing I suppose, just seems cool dragging a ship back from somewhere to a crusher or something.

I don't need help with a bounty thanks, I tried playing EVE once, ended up with a big bounty on my head before I'd finished the tutorial.

in the case of joyriders replace singular salvage with bounty hunting and salvage.

I tried playing eve once too I opened excel by mistake... ok I joke! but yeah in that game I don't think I ever had any clue of what was going on and never really got too far past the tutorial too easy to make big mistakes.

-Groucho Marx

in the case of joyriders replace singular salvage with bounty hunting and salvage.

I tried playing eve once too I opened excel by mistake... ok I joke! but yeah in that game I don't think I ever had any clue of what was going on and never really got too far past the tutorial too easy to make big mistakes.

Yeah, this games gonna be very flexible with careers

I downloaded EVE expecting more tbh, got in and.. oh point and click, tutorials, boring character customisation.

I enjoyed DUST tho, sniper was fun to play

So i just had a most wonderful idea.  There has been allot of talk about what to do if you cant afford a ship.  Been saying that other players/npc's can hire you to pilot one of their ships.  Have they answered the question of what happens if i just steal their ship?  Is there just a bounty or does the game make it impossible to do this?  If there is just a bounty i think i have found my new profession, Chop shop/ Shady used spaceship salesman.  If my bounty gets too high i can just pay to reconstruct my face or hire other players to steel ships for me for a fee.  Then sell the ships at a extremely discounted rate.

if i don't remember wrong they told something like there will be sections in the ships which can have more than 1 crew and the captain can give some operations to these sections and also captain decides who will run which section. so captain can give a section mobility and shields and another section weapons etc and only registered crews captain chose can use them. so you can't just steal it or even if you are at mobility section and steal the ship you won't be able to use weapons and stuff so you are just an easy target

I may have ordered one of the 10" constilation model ship. I'm most excited about this one. I'm curious which number I will get. I know there was 1448 left when I bought. It would be cool if i got the correct numbered ship.

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/