LTT Conglomerate main discussion thread

I'm stuck on what I should do.

I'll be getting some money soon, and I dunno if I should spend it on a 2nd 7950 for better Star Citizen performance or a tablet (one of the Dell Venue tablets, either Windows or Android, still deciding), and a tablet would be great for uh..."school use". (On a serious note, it would be...when I need it for legit purposes.)

So I'm stumped.

tablet, dfm is soon but full release or even PU (persistent universe) alpha is far away by them you could save for another (or better) gpu in that time

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

I'm stuck on what I should do. 

I'll be getting some money soon, and I dunno if I should spend it on a 2nd 7950 for better Star Citizen performance or a tablet (one of the Dell Venue tablets, either Windows or Android, still deciding), and a tablet would be great for uh..."school use". (On a serious note, it would be...when I need it for legit purposes.) 

So I'm stumped. 

I have the Venue 8 Pro, i like it for general tablet use and it is nice to have real windows on it. as far as games on it go I can play old PC stuff but cant play any of the great selection of android games so it's kind of a toss up if you like android games.

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

I have the Venue 8 Pro, i like it for general tablet use and it is nice to have real windows on it. as far as games on it go I can play old PC stuff but cant play any of the great selection of android games so it's kind of a toss up if you like android games.

Hey, since you have the Venue Pro 8, could you do me a huuuuge favor?

Could you install this Android emulator onto it and tell me how well it runs? If it runs well enough, I may just get the Venue Pro 8 instead of the Venue 8. 

http://www.andyroid.net/

COMIC SANS

I'll try it out now 361MB download incoming.

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

I'll try it out now 361MB download incoming.

Woo, thanks. If it runs well enough, then I'm just gonna get the Venue Pro 8 and use Andy for anything Android related. 

Oh, and the Venue Pro 8 has SD card expansion, correct?

COMIC SANS

Micro SD yep.

Micro SD yep.

Woo, thanks. If it runs well enough, then I'm just gonna get the Venue Pro 8 and use Andy for anything Android related. 

Oh, and the Venue Pro 8 has SD card expansion, correct?

I need a new tablet soon... Same purpose actually, school. I'm considering the upcoming Nexus 8 (Not announced, but probably coming), or a Windows tablet.

I can see one problem with emulating android 24/7 is that it is never going to enter sleep mode, that is gonna kill battery. although if it only needs to emulate android for a few apps now and then that's a non issue.

I'm installing the app now.

I can see one problem with emulating android 24/7 is that it is never going to enter sleep mode, that is gonna kill battery. although if it only needs to emulate android for a few apps now and then that's a non issue.

I'm installing the app now.

I would just close Andy whenever I'm not using it anyways. So it runs smoothly?

COMIC SANS

cant seem to get the andy program to boot, it just sits there in my task manager using a 12MB ram and accessing the disk like 100 KB at a time.

Edit: it knows i was talking about it now it's using 23.4MB of ram. >.>

@TopWargamer

Got andy working, needed to reboot the PC. I also changed some of the settings in vm software so it used more vram and a second core

its smooth in web browsing and the home screen but I am not going to be able to download and test a game or anything like that while I am at work.

@TopWargamer

Got andy working, needed to reboot the PC. I also changed some of the settings in vm software so it used more vram and a second core

its smooth in web browsing and the home screen but I am not going to be able to download and test a game or anything like that while I am at work.

That's fine. If it can run the UI and whatnot smoothly, then I'm sure it can run a regular app just fine (not a game, per say). Thank you though. I think I'm gonna get the Venue Pro 8. 

COMIC SANS

Diablo 3.....Ooo i dunno...will my guns be soulbound? bad trading system? auction house? Unstable Servers?

Jokes aside i dont know if this is for the better or the worse, what does he know about Space sims anyway? This old "veterans" havent done much to companies they have moved to in my opinion (yea im looking at you Carmak!)

So what does a guy that "oversees" stuff actually do? is he a Janitor? walks around the office all day looking at people and get paid?

i´m not favoring this too much..

Diablo 3.....Ooo i dunno...will my guns be soulbound? bad trading system? auction house? Unstable Servers?

Jokes aside i dont know if this is for the better or the worse, what does he know about Space sims anyway? This old "veterans" havent done much to companies they have moved to in my opinion (yea im looking at you Carmak!)

So what does a guy that "oversees" stuff actually do? is he a Janitor? walks around the office all day looking at people and get paid?

i´m not favoring this too much..

I think he makes sure that all the different branches and affiliates are following CR's vision of the game. And by now they have quite a few branches and affiliates so I think it's needed to have someone like that.

PC Specs: Case: NZXT Phantom 530; Motherboard: Maximus VI Formula; CPU: Intel Haswell I5 4670k; CPU Cooler: Intel Stock (for now); RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro Red 2x4GB 1600 MHz; GPU: XFX Radeon HD 7950 DD; HDD: WD 1TB Caviar Black; SSD: Samsung 840 EVO; PSU: Corsair AX 860; Monitor: Asus MX23H

what does he know about Space sims anyway?

Apart from CR what does anybody know?

I can't see this in a bad way, everyone who is part of SC seems to be following CR loyally and having an extra person on the team can only help as he doesn't have final call.

I can't see this in a bad way, everyone who is part of SC seems to be following CR loyally and having an extra person on the team can only help as he doesn't have final call.

From what I've seen and heard is that every design and feature has to have Chris' approval, maybe not as strict as may seem, but he has the grand idea in his head and he wants to portray it to the world (and the 'Verse ;)) as good as possible. That's what I think makes this unique.

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

Hope so. 

Hmm btw @ixi_your_face i´v been wondering lately but why do we (and some other Orgs) show the public how many % of ships we have ?? :/ i knows its abit late out with this question but i just felt like asking now.

It´s like we are inviting people to rob us.

Hope so. 

Hmm btw @ixi_your_face i´v been wondering lately but why do we (and some other Orgs) show the public how many % of ships we have ?? :/ i knows its abit late out with this question but i just felt like asking now.

It's more of a 'you know you'll be safe with us' type thing. It's also a nice way of showing our fleet's readiness

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

It's more of a 'you know you'll be safe with us' type thing. It's also a nice way of showing our fleet's readiness

Hmm alright, as long as it wont backfire, it does lets our enemies now what we have. it would´nt surprise me if they had a group of people sitting there working out tactics. :P

Hmm alright, as long as it wont backfire, it does lets our enemies now what we have. it would´nt surprise me if they had a group of people sitting there working out tactics. :P

I don't think you need to worry, I think LAMP and the other large one will be targets.

I don't think it'll help either because you don't know who has what.

Hope so. 

Take a little peek at the numbers, that is based off of 612 ships so is a rough estimate but no where close to actual numbers, also it was a pretty old list so things change.

I don't think you need to worry, I think LAMP and the other large one will be targets.

I don't think it'll help either because you don't know who has what.

Wouldn't we be one of the other large orgs, secondly I would rather if I were stealing things, go after a lone person or a small org rather than tickle the wrath that a large org could bring upon me, imagine a bounty order out for someone with 1800+ people looking for the person.

Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate Wants you! Join now!

UOLTT Basop | Misc Freelancer & Origin M50

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

-Groucho Marx