LTT Conglomerate main discussion thread

I agree, it's stupid, but I describe size by people not ship size :P

Okay... Still think that the Starfarer should be large... It's a friggin' tanker!!! :P.

So in chat today, I link a Gdocs form, and someone and Supa filled it out. I saw that he had filled it in, and seeing as Supa hadn't talked for ages, so...

8fx5Z.jpg

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgihfVnEaLDjdEhHSXBxdzZnTktVenNqWi1EQVJhdFE&usp=sharing

it's in the mass doc I've worked on. the sheet began feb 22 on feb 24th is when I added the Polar bear calculations

I remember when you were first working on this :D

Join the LinusTechTips Star Citizen Org :D ~ https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo guys.
I just saw the PAX video of the dog fighting module and after literally throwing things in my room with frustration due to the poor starfighter addition to SWTOR, I've concluded that I need to play this just to whet my appetite for spaceship combat.

With that in mind, I'm wanting to purchase a joystick/HOTAS/thingymajig to get the most out of Star Citizen, what would you guys recommend, maybe recommend something without any price point in mind and maybe one that's probably less than $200.
I probably wouldn't mind going over $200 if it really calls for it, but for the most part that's the cap I can hit whilst still completely being able to justify spending that much.

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo guys.

I just saw the PAX video of the dog fighting module and after literally throwing things in my room with frustration due to the poor starfighter addition to SWTOR, I've concluded that I need to play this just to whet my appetite for spaceship combat.

With that in mind, I'm wanting to purchase a joystick/HOTAS/thingymajig to get the most out of Star Citizen, what would you guys recommend, maybe recommend something without any price point in mind and maybe one that's probably less than $200.

I probably wouldn't mind going over $200 if it really calls for it, but for the most part that's the cap I can hit whilst still completely being able to justify spending that much.

This video has the best Joystick/HOTAS recommendations at different price points. At ~$200, I think the Saitek X55 Rhino is the best you can get.

As with everything at the moment just wait, its not long until it comes out and no point buy a stick with 1000 buttons to only find out you need only 2

Am I the only one here wondering why you would rent a spoon instead of the obviously superior spork?

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

Well damn.

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

And sporks are witchcraft

Sir you are mistaken sporks are a gift from the elder gods of engineering; you uneducated heathen!    :P 

Dafuq did I just read... Like, I'm pretty random sometimes... But... Wow..

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

I really expect more from myself sometimes too.

But in the middle of the night when even the voices in my head have gone quiet I can't help myself.

You sound fairly sane if you think thats random

NEW Footage starts at 22:45 :D :D 

Why are they teasing us like this, MUCH WANT.

Right, if the private games are run on private servers who has one or a second pc that can run as one

Depends what the recommended specs are i could turn my Mining rig into one, might need some new cables and minor things first

I'm now stuck wondering why your mining rig has such beast specs, considering that a mining rig will work off of a single core sempron.

I'm now stuck wondering why your mining rig has such beast specs, considering that a mining rig will work off of a single core sempron.

Because i don´t like full size computers with few functions/weak components that much, and i have a wallet, and YOLO.

I´d never buy a i3 for example (unless im making something funky)

I´d never (propably) buy a low end GPU (r7 250/ GTX 750 and weaker) card either (unless i make something funky), i might aswell use the integrated one. (APU or whatever Intel calls them iGPU?)

Because i don´t like full size computers with few functions/weak components that much, and i have a wallet, and YOLO.

I´d never buy a i3 for example (unless im making something funky)

I´d never (propably) buy a low end GPU (r7 250/ GTX 750 and weaker) card either (unless i make something funky), i might aswell use the integrated one. (APU or whatever Intel calls them iGPU?)

But an i5 on a mining rig is a waste of electricity, and money!!!

As with everything at the moment just wait, its not long until it comes out and no point buy a stick with 1000 buttons to only find out you need only 2

Well, only a few weeks ago, Nikki "Batgirl" went to CIG and actually saw someone there in the middle of mapping different actions to the X55's buttons, so they intend to make full use of as many capabilities as they can.

Actually sir, if you think about it, there are 3 different flight modes for SC. There's the normal non-restrictive flight, your restrictive one, and then the pivotal flying mode ( i forgot the names of the modes). I personally have purchased the Saitek x55 rhino as it seems to have an unfair amount of customizablity to both the stick and throttle. Furthermore, there are multiple weapon types as well, especially for the multi-crew ships. But, just for the fighters sake, you have your basic gun under the cockpit, your missiles, and whatever else you have under your wings. you can pretty much control the entire aspect of the game from just the hotas, with the exception of typing in-game. So, I think that your mistaken when you say that your only going to use two buttons on a hotas for SC.

A.K.A. Raptor Mann

We are watching...always watching.