nzxt kraken x52 am4 bracket makes no sense??

f2bacon
Go to solution Solved by f2bacon,

im pretty sure this is what i need, but its not what i have. is there any way i can use what i have or do i have to storm into microcenter tomorrow morning?

LGA2011_Narrow_300x300.jpg

I recently had to buy a replacement motherboard and I got the asrock b450m am4 board. I still have the bracket from my kraken x62's mount, but i have no idea how im supposed to mount this. the manuals ive seen just show a regular 4 screw bracket in the correct formation, but i dont have that. am i missing something?

IMG_20190406_221416.jpg

im pretty sure this is what i need, but its not what i have. is there any way i can use what i have or do i have to storm into microcenter tomorrow morning?

While I dont have that cooler, there should be a metal piece that graps onto the loose tab on the circular piece that you would screw into place through the hole

i was missing a screw, microcenter was able to help me out. sorry for wasting anyones time!

• 2 months later...

how you do it ihave same thing 

please send pictures for help me

in the box you should be looking for a little hook kind of thing. in the instructions it shows you how to do it. i didnt have the part i needed because i got my kraken used.

0.PNG

1.PNG

i need pictures from your pc please or tell me on Instagram @ah_3o2

ihave the hook but icant Know how install it

can you send the link for the manual in the top please 

• 1 month later...

What if I had to remove the “yellow stuff” for my stock amd cooler and DO need the four screw hole bracket

2 hours ago, CryogeniksGaming said:

What if I had to remove the “yellow stuff” for my stock amd cooler and DO need the four screw hole bracket

Then you could use that, that should come included with your cooler since I'm pretty sure that's a more regular setup

On 6/13/2019 at 7:30 AM, f2bacon said:

up and running? hows your temps!

Can you send me a pic of the pc to me 2 plis

ig YThelmi

it sounds like you need the intel bracket. use part B from this image

On 6/12/2019 at 2:50 AM, f2bacon said:

0.PNG

• 1 month later...
On 4/7/2019 at 2:34 PM, f2bacon said:

So do you know if the bracket that came with your Kraken is the correct/revised new bracket or if the one that you linked a photo of is the correct/revised new bracket.

I got the exact same bracket that you recieved but I'm having a real difficult time attaching it as it doesn't seem to fit tightly.

Hi there, i am desperate for help!! I used to new bracket with the thumb nut and the hook screw, but it is literally impossible for me to mount it on my Aorus Master x570, with my Ryzen 9 3900x. My CPU actually scratched the copper of the pump while trying. can someone please help me out? I followed the steps correctly, but i couldn't find any solution to this, feels bad :'(  

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/4/2019 at 5:38 AM, Daniel_Ryx said:

Hi there, i am desperate for help!! I used to new bracket with the thumb nut and the hook screw, but it is literally impossible for me to mount it on my Aorus Master x570, with my Ryzen 9 3900x. My CPU actually scratched the copper of the pump while trying. can someone please help me out? I followed the steps correctly, but i couldn't find any solution to this, feels bad :'(  

I had the same problem.

I loosened a bit a side of the socket from my motherboard and then installed with the fixed side of the bracket to the side that i had loosened before, then tightened everything, works like a charm =D

• 2 months later...
On 10/20/2019 at 8:23 PM, lmteru said:

I had the same problem.

I loosened a bit a side of the socket from my motherboard and then installed with the fixed side of the bracket to the side that i had loosened before, then tightened everything, works like a charm =D

Thanks for confirming my suspicion.

I was having the same problem and tried loosening the one motherboard retention bracket, but I didn't loosen it enough and wasn't getting anywhere.

I read your post, which encouraged me to loosen it more, and THEN I was finally able to get the latch to clip on!

Brooo!!! I have a same problem right now same as you! omg we I unboxing my kraken there's no AM4 socket inside the box but I have a weird bracket socket founded on my Box. 

How do you solve this issue? did you buy one from the store? please guide me I can't use my PC :(

ssss.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/7/2019 at 9:16 AM, f2bacon said:

I recently had to buy a replacement motherboard and I got the asrock b450m am4 board. I still have the bracket from my kraken x62's mount, but i have no idea how im supposed to mount this. the manuals ive seen just show a regular 4 screw bracket in the correct formation, but i dont have that. am i missing something?

IMG_20190406_221416.jpg

Do you know How to remove this from the aio