Protential issues with 2 Acer Predator XB271HUAbmiprz 27 Inch

Jonny

Hi Guy's,

I've just purchased another Acer Predator XB271HUAbmiprz 27 Inch, but I'm not sure if its faulty or just difference in panels?

• My first monitor the Windows 10 taskbar (aero off) is pretty much nearly black but on the new Acer Predator, its grey/dark grey.
  • White's are whiter on the new monitor too.
  • I would also say some text is easier to read on the first screen, depending on what's on the background behind it.
  • I haven't got a 3rd monitor to compare with but, the OSD menus are also lighter on the new monitor. So it's not a windows issue.

Both monitors have the same settings in the Nvidia control panel, tried resetting setting on both monitors too. Would the terminology be its got a white washed effect?

Photo, left monitor is my first Acer Predator XB271HUAbmiprz (6ish months old) and right is Acer Predator XB271HUAbmiprz (day old)

IMG_20190406_220748.jpg

Left Screen's OSD menus options, dark menus (dark gray menus)

IMG_20190406_221921__01.jpg

Right Screen's OSD menus options (light gray menus)

IMG_20190406_221925__01.jpg

Our Lord and Saviour Chunt!!!

Now the question is, which one is faulty, i'd like to say the older one, because white is supposed to be white not yellow-ish and black is black, i recommend going to the Acer site and asking them :)

http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/

GLHF

Zuccers 

7 minutes ago, Zuccers said:

Now the question is, which one is faulty, i'd like to say the older one, because white is supposed to be white not yellow-ish and black is black, i recommend going to the Acer site and asking them :)

http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/

GLHF

Zuccers 

I'll log a support ticket with Acer, see what they think as well.

3 minutes ago, Jonny said:

I'll log a support ticket with Acer, see what they think as well.

Keep us posted, or just DM me what happens next :)

I have two 16-month-old Predators (same model as yours) with very close serial numbers (bought both at Caseking at the same time) and I too am noticing a slight difference in color at identical settings.  It's nowhere near as bad as yours though. 

Chaos_Predators.jpg.bccabd0b431d1761ff9afb93534e3d89.jpg

I'm running stock settings, except for having my brightness at 0 (I'm overly sensitive to light)

I think these monitors just aren't calibrated at all.  If yours are from a different production run, that could explain the difference. 

I'd suggest either getting them calibrated or start sending back screens until you get a near-matching pair.

1 minute ago, Captain Chaos said:

I have two 16-month-old Predators with very close serial numbers (bought both at Caseking at the same time) and I too am noticing a slight difference in color at identical settings.  It's nowhere near as bad as yours though. 

Reveal hidden contents

Chaos_Predators.jpg.bccabd0b431d1761ff9afb93534e3d89.jpg

I think these monitors just aren't calibrated at all.  If yours are from a different production run, that could explain the difference. 

I'd suggest either getting them calibrated or start sending back screens until you get a near-matching pair.

I don't mind different in colours, that's to be expected but when it's way out like that it's annoying.

Shall see what Acer say. I could get Amazon to replace the first to try get matching production run, in my eyes the taskbar should be black though not gray, all my computer screens in the house it's black now gray.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2019 at 10:58 PM, Zuccers said:

Keep us posted, or just DM me what happens next :)

Didn't bother with Acer support in the end.

Complained to Amazon and they got me a full refund. I then got two Aorus Monitors and they're picture quality is much better. Probably more monition blur but I only game like 30% of the time.