Possibly the dumbest kickstarter yet?

one-does-not-simply-go-full-retard.jpg

Ever wanted to get you password back from a computer you have forgotten one for? well

now you can with Password Reset Key and gain access to any computer you want with a

memory stick and the software on it. I'm surprised that no legal actions are being made

against this. I mean come one anyone right now could just grab a memory stick reset your

PCs password and do what they want... What do you guys think of this?

The Kickstarter page: LINK

That would be soooooo sweet if i had acces to that, i could try it out on school computers! :D

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

Its actually getting funded 0_o what is stopping people from getting this and using it for idk hacking into corporate computers and stealing information that they should not have like client info...

what the fuck. who is funding this? old people?

Right, because I forgot Trinity Rescue Kit was a thing.

TRK exists and already allows me to fiddle with a PC's passwords and whatnot.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

windows will get a security update for that so fast.

MoBo: 970A-D3P CPU: FX-8350 GPU: HD 7950 PSU: 1000watt RAM:8Gb of G,skill 1600

Its actually getting funded 0_o what is stopping people from getting this and using it for idk hacking into corporate computers and stealing information that they should not have like client info...

My point exactly here... just because the dude says it isn't made to be used as a hacking tool it doesn't mean it can't be and I bet most if not all of the backers are buying it because of that reason and not because they have forgotten their password.

I'll take 2

Is your avatar the Breakdown of Sanity album artwork. If so then I like you :D Breakdown of Sanity is amazing. Sorry for going off topic. Also this is an insane kickstarter.

uhh no comment i guess

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

What next, key to decrypt all data? Lmao. This is mental. Hope MS can fixIT

Isn't this illegal?

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

Is your avatar the Breakdown of Sanity album artwork. If so then I like you :D Breakdown of Sanity is amazing. Sorry for going off topic. Also this is an insane kickstarter.

Yes it is

CPU: i7 4770k @ 4.3Ghz with NH-D14 | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz | Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VI Hero | GPU: SLI GTX780 Windforce | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro | HDD: WD Black | PSUEVGA SuperNova 1300W | Case: Fractal Define R4 | Monitor: X-Star DP2710 1440p @ 96Hz | Mouse: DeathAdder  | Keyboard: CM Storm CherryMX Red | Headset: Kraken Pro | Headphones: HE-400

software tools for this already exist - he is just making it automatic and pre-setup for anyone to buy and be able to use while having no required experience with computers

well that's the thing, this makes it stupid easy to get into someone's PC

MoBo: 970A-D3P CPU: FX-8350 GPU: HD 7950 PSU: 1000watt RAM:8Gb of G,skill 1600

I've gotta feelin' wooohoooo...

that the NSA's gonna love this...

that the NSA's gonna love this...

that the NSA's gonna love, love, thiiiiiss...

wooohoooooo....

because the nsa need this

AMD FX-8350 II ASUS R9-20x DCU2 TOP II Fractal Design R4 II Samsung 840 Evo 250gb SSD II Gigabyte 990FXA UD-3 II 8GB Corsair XMS II Cooler Master Seidon 120mm II ACER H236HL Monitor II Corsair K70 II Razer Deathadder II Kinect II 

Go check out my Build Log for my "Home Made Gaming POD"

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/83872-home-made-gaming-pod-build-log/

This will be very useful for school PCs

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

software tools for this already exist - he is just making it automatic and pre-setup for anyone to buy and be able to use while having no required experience with computers

I am well aware of that but it's the fact that he has made it automatic and pre-setup for anyone to buy which is worrying... This will effectively defeat the purpose of having a password on your computer if virtually anyone with minimal knowledge is able to get into your computer under 60 seconds as it is stated on the Kickstarter page. Of course this can prove to be very hand at times but even by looking at the comments here so far most of the people see it as a easy way to access computers without permission and effectively commit a crime (which falls under the Data Protection Act)

So.. It is literally just a flash drive?

With the software allowing you to change the password if you have forgotten it... keep in mind that you can get the software alone for £8 and put it on your own memory stick.