Asus Turbo GTX 1080 Ti 11GB How to Cool

AlexDOBBB

How do I effectively cool this GPU? It overheats constantly and makes my games laggy or turns the screen black.

If its possible with Air cooling, would preffer that

arctic makes gpu coolers. tho not sure if the coolers they make will fit every card there is but you can google if other people put it on a similar card with good results. The Raijintech Morpeus II is also good considering its pretty beefy tho you need to supply your own fans for it.

5 hours ago, AlexDOBBB said:

How do I effectively cool this GPU? It overheats constantly and makes my games laggy or turns the screen black.

I have (or had) this GPU. Even When overclocked +175 core and +600 memory in afterburner AND in a DAN A4 case it didn't overheat?!

I did have to do a small adjustment to the fan curve, but it never went over 75c when at 100%.

17 hours ago, Spoonablehippo said:

I have (or had) this GPU. Even When overclocked +175 core and +600 memory in afterburner AND in a DAN A4 case it didn't overheat?!

I did have to do a small adjustment to the fan curve, but it never went over 75c when at 100%.

It constantly overheats for me and i dont have it overclocked.

5 minutes ago, AlexDOBBB said:

It constantly overheats for me and i dont have it overclocked.

Are the fans on the card spinning? Does the case have good air flow?
Check the fan curve profile. You may need to adjust it to optimise it for better cooling performance.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Get an ARCTIC Accelero or Morpheus II.

It may appear daunting to install but in reality it's a case of taking out some screws and putting some in.

CPU: Intel Core i5-8600K [Delidded | Frequency: 5.1GHz | vCore: 1.45v - Fuck Intel | Cache: 4800MHz | VCCIO: 1.175 | SA: 1.20]

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Ti ARMOR 11G OC [Core: 2113MHz | Memory: + 1000MHz | Voltage: 1.181v | XOC BIOS]

RAM: TEAM GROUP DARK PRO EDITION [Capacity: 16GB - 8GB x 2 | Frequency: 3866MHz | Timings: 16-16-16-36]

Motherboard: ASUS PRIME Z370-A

PSU: SeaSonic PRIME Ultra 1000W

Case: Fractal S2 Meshify

CPU Block: EK Velocity | GPU Block: EK-FC1080 GTX Ti TF6 Radiators: x2 HWLabs SR2 360MM  Pump / Res: EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 PWM Fans: x6 Noctua NF-F12

Primary Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HUbmiprz [Refresh Rate: 165Hz | Resolution: 2560 x 1440]

Secondary Monitor: ASUS VG248QE [Refresh Rate: 144Hz | Resolution: 1920 x 1080]

UPS: APC Smart-UPS RT 2000VA [Online | Double-Conversion]

Benchmarks: 3DMark TimeSpy - First [1 out of 8571]

3 hours ago, Spotty said:

Are the fans on the card spinning? Does the case have good air flow?
Check the fan curve profile. You may need to adjust it to optimise it for better cooling performance.

The fan curve is climbing with temperature, at 82c its 100%but the card heats up more. The fans are spinning.