"Rumor: Specs For Nintendo’s Next-Gen Systems Surface"

TopWargamer

Please no more motion controls...for the love of GOD, no more!

If they can get it right someday they should continue to try and as for the current system, the Wii U, it is not all about motion gaming.  The motion gaming part was carried over from the Wii.  Get it?

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

This is 100% fake. Announcing a new home console so soon would be suicide for Nintendo.

Don't believe me? Look at SEGA's past. They started rolling out new consoles almost every year. Their final console, the Dreamcast, was an amazing system, however, everyone lost faith in SEGA because they were pumping out so many consoles, so the Dreamcast got no support. There's no way Nintendo would make the same mistake as their past competitor.

As for the supposed new DS, launching a new DS would also be shooting themselves in the foot. The 3DS is booming right now, sales are very high. Why would Nintendo drop support for a system that is bringing in that much revenue? Especially in a time where they will need all the sales that they can get, it just makes zero sense for Nintendo to come out with either of these consoles.

Yeah, but

This could be planned for release in 2016 or perhaps 2017

Ryzen 7 5800X     Corsair H115i Platinum     ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)     G.Skill Trident Z 3600CL16 (@3800MHzCL16 and other tweaked timings)     

MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio    Corsair HX850     WD Black SN850 1TB     Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB     Samsung 840 EVO 500GB     Acer XB271HU 27" 1440p 165hz G-Sync     ASUS ProArt PA278QV     LG C8 55"     Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X Glass     Logitech G915      Logitech MX Vertical      Steelseries Arctis 7 Wireless 2019      Windows 10 Pro x64

Yeah, but

If that were true, there's no way we'd be hearing about it so soon. We might hear a leak that they were making new consoles, but we wouldn't hear about the specs until the year of release.

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

what caught my eye was the Cable CARD slot and the coax input. one up ing the XBone by having the cosole it's self be a cable box? sounds cool to me.

(owner of HD Homerun Prime)

this should be more powerful than ps4 and xbox one in theory 

Nintendo rumored to make a console as powerful as the Xbox One and PS4?...... releases it whenever the next Xbox and PS5 comes out......

Those would be, to put it as straightforward as possible, fucking INSANE specs for a home console lol.

If this is real it would put the other consoles to shame it has 4x the horsepower

Wow, this can actually be called "Next-Gen". I hope these specs are true. Imagine Zelda in Full 1080P...

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

Please no more gimmicky controllers.  Ever since the N64 days, Nintendo's been allergic to the standard controller layout that their very own SNES popularized back in the nineties.  I don't know why.

They want a "gimmicky" controller, just make this new handheld pair up with the console like what the PS4 and Vita are doing.

I honestly can't think of a single bad Nintendo controller. Maybe the virtual boy. Also the 3DS and Wii U can pair with each other for Smash Bros. at least, and the Gameboy could connect to the Gamecube so it's not unheard of.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

Now way, maybe in 4-5 Years but for sure not in the next 2.
The 3DS is doing way to good and the WiiU isn't even 2 Years old.

RTX2070OC 

If that were true, there's no way we'd be hearing about it so soon. We might hear a leak that they were making new consoles, but we wouldn't hear about the specs until the year of release.

I think for the 3DS it makes some sense. If this new handheld uses the same slot and has full back compatibility I see no issue with that. Nintendo released tons of DS variants, the DSi was quite different from the DS considering they ran the same games.

If they release these at the end of the year the 3DS will have been out for over 3 years, and if there is full back compatibility it would be a good move. Given that mobile not only moves faster nowadays but also people actually want to buy their mobile products.

The WiiU on the other hand would be getting replaced very early for a living room console, I mostly agree with you there. The problem is the support is terrible and the sales are too. While releasing another console this early is unprecedented by any gaming company (that is still in business today). It may be the right decision.

New branding, new (faster) hardware, and shifting away from tablet controllers would be a good thing. Also I think considering we heard about both of these at the same time I think Nintendo is planning a Shield-like streaming setup. That is just speculation but it would make sense. I mean the name? Fusion? Sounds like they want to mix their mobile and living room devices together which could be great. Hopefully they have some games ready for these at launch this time...

CPU: 5820k 4.5Ghz 1.28v, RAM: 16GB Crucial 2400mhz, Motherboard: Evga X99 Micro, Graphics Card: GTX 780, Water Cooling: EK Acetal CPU/GPU blocks,

240mm Magicool slim rad, 280mm Alphacool rad, D5 Vario pump, 1/4 ID 3/4 OD tubing, Noctua Redux 140/120mm fans. PSU: Evga 750w G2 SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB & Seagate SSHD 2TB Audio: Sennheiser HD558s, JBL! speakers, Fiio E10k DAC/Amp Monitor: Xstar DP2710LED @ 96hz (Korean Monitor) Case: Fractal Node 804

Fusion Terminal? That sounds REALLY lame.

It's a code name.

What is the Console called?  If it's powerful enough, it might make "Next-Gen" Consoles look bad.

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

I personally think Nintendo should not release a new handheld. The 3DS is already awesome and the XL has long battery life

Now way, maybe in 4-5 Years but for sure not in the next 2.

The 3DS is doing way to good and the WiiU isn't even 2 Years old.

But the WiiU is also doing extremely bad. Things will pick up whenever the Smash Bros. and Mario kart games come out, but still though, things are looking grim for Nintendo on the home console side.

Now, the 3DS on the other hand is doing extremely well, and may not be time for a refresh just yet, but the console has been out since 2011. So a refresh may be due in the next year or 2.

COMIC SANS

Certainly interesting, that console concept looks odd.

I hope that there are motion controls.

The Syndicate

That's just for the rumored handheld. I mean, the 3DS's main screen is 800x240 and the touch screen is 320x240. So graphics on the 3DS are obviously not the best, but the games for it are amazing.

The 3DS's screen, quite frankly, sucks

The 3DS's screen, quite frankly, sucks

Meh, it's not that bad. The 3D on it is actually quite good though, surprisingly.

COMIC SANS

If they can get it right someday they should continue to try and as for the current system, the Wii U, it is not all about motion gaming.  The motion gaming part was carried over from the Wii.  Get it?

Honestly I was completely disregarding the WiiU in my comment. I don't see the WiiU as a console, I see it has a hand-held, portable device(I know it's not 100% portable). To me it's like a non-motion controlled WiiDS.

I don't want a WiiU2, or a Wii2, I want a brand new console with it's focus on the controller and interface. The WiiU is nice, but there are barely any games for it and it's been marketed terribly.

They should completely move away from motion controls, screens on the controller, and actually have some first party support for once. Get rid of the Wii branding, it's not helping whatsoever.

I would love to buy a WiiU, but I don't like the idea of a screen on my input device and it doesn't help that none of the games on the WiiU interest me, also Nintendo isn't winning any hearts over right now with their terrible online accounts being tied to the hardware, that's the main and only reason as to why I haven't bought a 2DS/3DS yet.

But hey, that's just me. If the next console doesn't provide what I mentioned above then I'll just keep playing my Gamecube and N64, waiting for Nintendo to step up for once.

Yeah, but

By that time, advancement of computer technology will make this look like a baby

People need to get over the controller for the Wii U.  It is actually better than just using a regular one in many ways and it allows you to have different gaming experiences too.  In regards to the PS Vita it is crap.  I saw it try to play Madden and it ran like crud.  If it can run Madden right then how can I expect it to run anything else right?  Also the PS Vita no longer has an OLED screen so even more reason not to get it.

I have no problems with the Wii U controller myself.  I find it very convenient to be honest, especially when the wife wants to watch TV and I can continue playing games on it.

The problem is trying to convince the majority of gamers you want to buy your console to accept it.   The blunder with the last iteration of Nintendo consoles is they make the "gimmicky" controller the standard and the regular controller the option.  I think it should be the other way around.  I personally feel this limits the type of games developers can make for the console.

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

Meh, it's not that bad. The 3D on it is actually quite good though, surprisingly.

I guess it all comes down to different perspectives. I find the screen and 3D feature a pain to look at. Maybe that's just me 

I spy some specs Identical to the 290x...

and then yet another IBM cpu (8 cores though)

using IBM power pc cpu is what allows them to add backwards compatibility without having to dump a bunch on resource on emulating the cpu alone this is the same reason 360 and ps3 emulators haven't surfaced yet  

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Hey I have an idea!

Why can they not have to consoles? Wii U and this new thingie
Wii U is the cheap console which will only get "typical" Nintendo console games
Then they have a more expensive one which competes directly with PS4 and Xbone, but can also play the games that the Wii U can ofcourse

This could be awesome, but I also see that this could be hard to earn money on maybe

Ryzen 7 5800X     Corsair H115i Platinum     ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)     G.Skill Trident Z 3600CL16 (@3800MHzCL16 and other tweaked timings)     

MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio    Corsair HX850     WD Black SN850 1TB     Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB     Samsung 840 EVO 500GB     Acer XB271HU 27" 1440p 165hz G-Sync     ASUS ProArt PA278QV     LG C8 55"     Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X Glass     Logitech G915      Logitech MX Vertical      Steelseries Arctis 7 Wireless 2019      Windows 10 Pro x64