"Rumor: Specs For Nintendo’s Next-Gen Systems Surface"

TopWargamer

I guess it all comes down to different perspectives. I find the screen and 3D feature a pain to look at. Maybe that's just me 

Well, personally, I don't even use the 3D screen, for a couple of reasons:

1) It sucks up too much battery life.

2) It hurts my eyes way too much.

I'll turn it on every once in a while for a few seconds just to see what a certain part of a game looks like in 3D.

COMIC SANS

Wow, this can actually be called "Next-Gen". I hope these specs are true. Imagine Zelda in Full 1080P...

mother-of-god.gif

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Although having DDR4 and DDR3 in a system (for the OS/Developers) and GDDDR (5? 6?) for the GPU (perhaps) seems like a strange thing, I doubt motherboards could fit DDR3 & DDR4 at the same time.

you maybe right but at least the memory controller will be no issue as the AM3 socket (witch the memory controller is on the CPU) had both DDR 3 and DDR2 on one chip so it should be easy to do DDR 3 and DDR 4 on the same chip

You know, Linus hails the Nvidia Shield not for the device it self, but the streaming technology coming out with it. But the Wii U had the technology 2 years before Nvidia, AND it works a lot better.

Well, personally, I don't even use the 3D screen, for a couple of reasons:

1) It sucks up too much battery life.

2) It hurts my eyes way too much.

I'll turn it on every once in a while for a few seconds just to see what a certain part of a game looks like in 3D.

Exactly. The 3D feature was a gimmick IMO

It was, but it got them sales. Some people actually do use the 3D feature though. RIP their eyes.

COMIC SANS

Please nintendo we hope you are paying close attention from ps4 and xbone mistakes and dont be stupid......

It was, but it got them sales. Some people actually do use the 3D feature though. RIP their eyes.

Lol true

That's why' it's your opinion and not a fact. Personally I always play with 3D unless the game implements it badly, and I know many people that play with it on too. A Link Between Worlds is awesome with 3D.

For the main nintendo console, it sounds wonderful however the biggest problem could be pricing. If those specs are even close to the real specs, it won't be very cheap to manufacture, as well as considering the big hit it took in it's worth.

http://gaminrealm.com/2014/01/21/nintendo-next-gen-system-specs/

(Take the source with a grain of salt, obviously.)

RUMORED next-gen handheld from Nintendo:

RUMORED next gen home console from Nintendo:

Ok ok ok, I REALLY want this rumor to be true, because if it is, Nintendo's going to be pumping out some fairly powerful consoles. The RUMORED handheld is looking to be quite powerful, and the RUMORED home console looks like (spec wise) it can go up against the PS4 and Xbox One. AGAIN, REMEMBER, that these are RUMORS. Take them with a grain of salt, but I think we all want them to be true.

So IF this is true, do you think more powerful systems will help Nintendo out after the plummet in WiiU sales expectations that they just had? IF it's true, when do you think Nintendo would release these consoles (or even announce them)?

lies, all lies, it would be extremely stupid of them to release a new (as in new, not an update/refresh) within the next three or so years.

Nothing to see here, move along

Please no more motion controls...for the love of GOD, no more!

Y I like them, headsup though wii u you had the option to use multiple different controller

For the love of gaming Nintendo move to x86 ... It'll be a million times cheaper (exaggeration) ... And one more thing involve the developers in the hardware picking ... If they're smart enough they'll learn from their mistakes and move over to x86 and keep a powerPC co-processor for backwards compatibility (Not sure if thats possible/Cheap/plausible with an x86 chip on board) ... seeing the next gen and their horrible sales an x86 console is in their minds ...  

I looked at the console specs, nearly shit myself.

However it seems a bit unbalanced, basically an R9 290x with 6gb total ram, i think thats not very future proof espeically when multi tasking is the new "thing" so to say. Then again this might be a nintendo steam box.

Nintendo games on Steam, My God.

this rumor better be fake a new console for Nintendo would be stupidity they made a console now they have to stick with it at least for a couple more years. a nw handheld might be ok though they wouldnt want to do anything to stop 3DS power but maybe they going to build an android handheld that will play android games but also port titles to android so they can sell them to other devices.. that isnt as retarded as a new console. they dont want to make the same mistakes SEGA did

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

That's just for the rumored handheld. I mean, the 3DS's main screen is 800x240 and the touch screen is 320x240. So graphics on the 3DS are obviously not the best, but the games for it are amazing.

800x240? That must be a new screen format I haven't heard of. And i thought 21:9 was wide :P

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

From a business perspective, cannibalizing the 3ds with a new handheld would be a terrible move right now. The 3ds is cheap and sells extremely well. There is the possibility of releasing the console as a high-end option for Nintendo console gaming. That would be a pretty interesting move as the hardware looks better than ps4/xbone. They would have to be super careful about making sure developers still made games compatible with the wiiU when making games for this high-end console.

All that said, the timing of all of this doesn't make any sense so I highly doubt it's real. 

I looked at the console specs, nearly shit myself.

However it seems a bit unbalanced, basically an R9 290x with 6gb total ram, i think thats not very future proof espeically when multi tasking is the new "thing" so to say. Then again this might be a nintendo steam box.

Nintendo steam box? That sounds pretty good to me actually.

I really hope they are going back to their roots with this console, and judging by their recent fail with the WiiU sytem, I have a weird feeling that they will.

Just imagine games being geared towards pure fun rather than a really deep backstory again! Or maybe a new zelda game with a much larger world to explore!

They may not completely ditch motion control, but I really hope motion control is not their main goal this time around, and they try to gain their rep back from hardcore gamers.

Ah..... N64..... *Drools*

Cpt.Doom Reporting in!

That's why' it's your opinion and not a fact. Personally I always play with 3D unless the game implements it badly, and I know many people that play with it on too. A Link Between Worlds is awesome with 3D.

Well whatever floats your boat

Nintendo steam box? That sounds pretty good to me actually.

I really hope they are going back to their roots with this console, and judging by their recent fail with the WiiU sytem, I have a weird feeling that they will.

Just imagine games being geared towards pure fun rather than a really deep backstory again! Or maybe a new zelda game with a much larger world to explore!

They may not completely ditch motion control, but I really hope motion control is not their main goal this time around, and they try to gain their rep back from hardcore gamers.

Ah..... N64..... *Drools*

If the name has anything to do with wii then they have failed, that market strategy failed badly.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

whoa whoa whoa

Lets seem if i read that right.

GPU similar to an R9 290

1 8-core proccesor

1 3-core proccesor

4 GB DDR4

2 GB DDR3

A comfortable controller with a touch screen capable of streaming (saw pictures of it hope its true)

A cable box in the console.

Nintendo: You people wanted more power. Here you go. Blow yourselves up.

I am speechless. If i can connect that controller to my PC as well to use it for streaming i am getting this even if it costs 800$.

NINTENDO DO NOT FUCK UP THIS DREAM MACHINE!

Y I like them, headsup though wii u you had the option to use multiple different controller

Again, I have already stated my position with the WiiU here.

Also, I understand that you like them, but many people don't. It's fun for a while, but then it gets tedious and boring.

This is also the same reason why Kinect and Move aren't doing good, because they are niche markets. 

PS Vita still sh*ts on this thing

PS Vita is garbage.  They added a worse screen for the system and like I said before the thing can't even play a Madden EA game without frame rate issues and boy was the game ugly.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

As long as they get a good lineup of games I'm down for this. Specs look pretty good, but I don't think that was ever Nintendo's market. They've always done fairly well by making low-to-mid tier consoles with an above average set of first-party games and some decent third-party support.

That being said, all I really want is for Sakurai to support competitive Smash.....