Is it too late to get into this game?

I've seen this game for quite a while, and I've been waiting the right time I could get involved in this game by having a supporting PC. But is it too late for me now to get involved in this game now that I have a PC with the right spec to play this game.

DESKTOP PC :

CPU :RYZEN 5 2600/ GPU :MSI Ventus OC GTX 1660 Ti/ RAM :Team Elite 2x8/ PSU :Corsair CX650M/ HDD :Toshiba 2TB/ SSD :Adata XPG M.2 SATA 265GB/ COOLER :Be Quite 2x140mm / MOBO :Asus TUF B450 Gaming

LAPTOP :

CPU :i7-4710HQ/ GPU :GTX 860M/ RAM :8GB OEM/ HDD :1 TB 

PERIPHERALS :

MOUSE :LOGITECH G502/ HEADSET :HyperX Cloud Alpha/ KEYBOARD :Logitech G Pro 

POSSIBLE PC BUILD :

PC PART LINK

no... game is not released yet, its in alpha and will be(at least the online portion) for several more years. So you can buy a $45-60 package and be set for the PU and sq42(single player game). Just know its very much alpha and who knows when or if itll ever be finished to the level that was promised several years ago. At the least tho youll be set to play sq42 single player game when it released late 2020/early 2021. As for PC spec, i would not be too worried about that to play SC, much of the performance issues is related to the network code that is in an ongoing state of development.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5700x  (evga 240 AIO cooling)
PBO Settings:
Boost Override CPU: +200
CO: -17 all core
PPT: 140
TDC:  110
EDC: 150
Scalar: Auto

Mobo: Asrock x570 steel legend wifi ax

GPU: asrock challenger 7800xt 16 gb

Ram: 32 gb @3600 mhz

Case: Fractal Design Meshify C White

PSU: Seasonic Focus GX-1000

Storage: 1tb Samsung 860 ssd, 1tb nvme, 2tb Hitachi HDD, 3tb HDD for media

Display: Samsung 27" CHG70 1440p QLED Monitor

40 minutes ago, DesolationGod said:

no... game is not released yet, its in alpha and will be(at least the online portion) for several more years. So you can buy a $45-60 package and be set for the PU and sq42(single player game). Just know its very much alpha and who knows when or if itll ever be finished to the level that was promised several years ago. At the least tho youll be set to play sq42 single player game when it released late 2020/early 2021. As for PC spec, i would not be too worried about that to play SC, much of the performance issues is related to the network code that is in an ongoing state of development.

Ah I see..... Well, I kinda get under the influence of a lot of people playing elite dangerous and I thought that was some kind of an old game, so I'm looking for a newer fresher entry to an elite dangerous style kinda game

DESKTOP PC :

CPU :RYZEN 5 2600/ GPU :MSI Ventus OC GTX 1660 Ti/ RAM :Team Elite 2x8/ PSU :Corsair CX650M/ HDD :Toshiba 2TB/ SSD :Adata XPG M.2 SATA 265GB/ COOLER :Be Quite 2x140mm / MOBO :Asus TUF B450 Gaming

LAPTOP :

PERIPHERALS :

POSSIBLE PC BUILD :

PC PART LINK

29 minutes ago, Neftex said:

its too soon to get involved

I know XD but I can't help my curiousity

DESKTOP PC :

LAPTOP :

PERIPHERALS :

POSSIBLE PC BUILD :

PC PART LINK

It really depends on your expectations. As stated above you can get in Star Citizen with a package that costs $45 USD. You can spend $60 USD and get Star Citizen and access to SQ42 (single-player campaign) when it releases. Star Citizen is a true Alpha not an Alpha in the sense of Steam Early Access games. There are/will be many weird and, at times, game-breaking bugs. These come and go with each Quarterly patch. Each patch resets everything from the previous patch as there is no true persistence at this time. 

I would suggest you watch some Twitch Streamers and wait for a freefly event to try the game without pledging anything. If you have not done so, go to the robertsspaceindustries.com website and sign up for a free account, then you will get an email when there is a freefly coming up. If you have seen the problems and issues that playing in an Alpha can bring and don't mind having things change and break at times then I highly recommend it.

I have been playing since 2016 and I knew what I was getting into with the Alpha process. 

25 minutes ago, george357 said:

It really depends on your expectations. As stated above you can get in Star Citizen with a package that costs $45 USD. You can spend $60 USD and get Star Citizen and access to SQ42 (single-player campaign) when it releases. Star Citizen is a true Alpha not an Alpha in the sense of Steam Early Access games. There are/will be many weird and, at times, game-breaking bugs. These come and go with each Quarterly patch. Each patch resets everything from the previous patch as there is no true persistence at this time. 

I would suggest you watch some Twitch Streamers and wait for a freefly event to try the game without pledging anything. If you have not done so, go to the robertsspaceindustries.com website and sign up for a free account, then you will get an email when there is a freefly coming up. If you have seen the problems and issues that playing in an Alpha can bring and don't mind having things change and break at times then I highly recommend it.

I have been playing since 2016 and I knew what I was getting into with the Alpha process. 

^^^^ I haven't played in a bit, plan to get back into it once the next update drops, it'll overhaul the flight system and such so it should be a good time to get back to the game. I will say it's drop dead gorgeous for the most part, attention to detail is insane, and every ship I've flown in has been awesome. You can tell it's an alpha by the occasional bugs (I have some with the MobiGlas) or certain parts not working in ships (snub fighter in one of the Connie models I got to fly in couldn't actually deploy yet), but they're always working on stuff, and usually do a damn good job. Especially the spaceships, I'm a sci-fi ship nut. Designs are amazing and there's a ship for pretty much anything you could want to do. IIRC once they get the economy built up you'll be able to purchase most ships in game for the in-universe money, vs actual IRL money. I think that's a bit off though, but like I said I haven't played in a while. 

Basically, it's a good alpha if you wanna just fly spaceships in space and do space stuff, find a good org (aka clan) and you should have tons of fun. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

1 hour ago, Zando Bob said:

^^^^ I haven't played in a bit, plan to get back into it once the next update drops, it'll overhaul the flight system and such so it should be a good time to get back to the game. I will say it's drop dead gorgeous for the most part, attention to detail is insane, and every ship I've flown in has been awesome. You can tell it's an alpha by the occasional bugs (I have some with the MobiGlas) or certain parts not working in ships (snub fighter in one of the Connie models I got to fly in couldn't actually deploy yet), but they're always working on stuff, and usually do a damn good job. Especially the spaceships, I'm a sci-fi ship nut. Designs are amazing and there's a ship for pretty much anything you could want to do. IIRC once they get the economy built up you'll be able to purchase most ships in game for the in-universe money, vs actual IRL money. I think that's a bit off though, but like I said I haven't played in a while. 

Basically, it's a good alpha if you wanna just fly spaceships in space and do space stuff, find a good org (aka clan) and you should have tons of fun. 

The flight model is absolutely amazing IMO, as with anything there are both those that hate it and those that love it. In my experience so far there are more positive than negative about it.  The 3.5 patch should be going live in the next few days, it is already open to all backers on the PTU test servers. 

There is already ship purchasing in game with aUEC, there are different stores throughout the systems that sell different ships. Teach's at Levski on Delmar, New Deal at Lorville on Hurston and I think Astro Armada in Area18 on ArCorp is coming in this patch. The ships you can purchase with aUEC are what many call "expensive" but doable from what I have seen. As with everything else though anything purchased in-game gets resets at the quarterly patches.

3 minutes ago, george357 said:

The flight model is absolutely amazing IMO, as with anything there are both those that hate it and those that love it. In my experience so far there are more positive than negative about it.  The 3.5 patch should be going live in the next few days, it is already open to all backers on the PTU test servers. 

There is already ship purchasing in game with aUEC, there are different stores throughout the systems that sell different ships. Teach's at Levski on Delmar, New Deal at Lorville on Hurston and I think Astro Armada in Area18 on ArCorp is coming in this patch. The ships you can purchase with aUEC are what many call "expensive" but doable from what I have seen. As with everything else though anything purchased in-game gets resets at the quarterly patches.

Nice! And main reason I'm waiting for the flight model overhaul is that I forgot all the controls, lol. No point relearning it all if they're changing it really soon. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

Nah i don´t think it´s too late. Sure there are Players who are way more experienced but that doesn´t matter since this is 1. always happening and 2. still alpha. I own SC and SQ42 since.. 2.7 i think? it was 45 bucks back then and i never regretted it. I´ve put way more money into finished games which i never really play.

I´m always saying..1 Buck for 1 Hour. If i pay 60 Bucks and play at least 60 Hours, i´m good with it.

I play SC sometimes a Month. Not really trying to get further but just having fun flying and fighting.

I just want to see what changed while waiting for it´s release and actually i do really like it.

So if you´re into space games, SC is not really expensive but really cool to play. It may not give you a vide variety of content or stuff to do right now, but this does change with every update.

Just buy it. Really. There are far more more expensive games out there which are not worth the money. And if SC is not worth your money right now, it will be. But maybe if it is released, it will be more expensive.

• 3 weeks later...

just play elite dangerous if you want a well rounded space game right now. star citizen IMO is an over priced tech demo pyramid scheme. theres too much sketchy shit going on in the background for me to confidently tell anyone to snag a copy of it. don't get me wrong visually its stunning. but there's hardly anything to do in it at the moment and it will probably be like that for many more years. 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

On 4/5/2019 at 1:03 AM, Annoyingnerds said:

I know XD but I can't help my curiousity

Well it's been 6-7 years and it's close to release a small portion in a year or two. At that pace you can wait another 7-10 years and you would be just fine for the full content as long as they do not change the whole engine again.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2019 at 6:13 AM, Annoyingnerds said:

I've seen this game for quite a while, and I've been waiting the right time I could get involved in this game by having a supporting PC. But is it too late for me now to get involved in this game now that I have a PC with the right spec to play this game.

It's actually a good time to get in there if you want to become a good pilot. There is a new flight model in the newest Alpha Patch 3.5. If you want to kick noobs' butts at release (because there is a learning curve!), then yup, it's a good time to start now.

In terms of development, for me the 'real' development of Star Citizen Universe MMO has begun in 2015. Before that, they were mostly working on the Arena Commander and Hangar modules. It was about building tools and the company itself. I do not care if it takes till 2025 for the MMO-part to release. To be honest, I am more excited about SQ42 now than anything. I find it a bit shocking that they decided to develop 2 games at the same time - all I wanted was a space sim, Freelancer 2.0 to be more precise. I didn't need it to be MP, much less an MMO.

I can't wait to put SQ42 on the hardest difficulty, without any tutorial and have the Vanduul shove 200 million missiles up my ship's engine hole. 

Intel Core i9-9900K | Asrock Phantom Gaming miniITX Z390 | 32GB GSkill Trident Z DDR4@3600MHz C17 | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Watercooled | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD | Crucial MX500 2TB SSD | Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 1000W | anidees AI Crystal Cube White V2 | Corsair M95 | Corsair K50 | Beyerdynamic DT770 Pros 250Ohm

• 1 month later...

I never followed anything about this game, but what's the biggest offers of this game that makes it still in alpha for several years already?

I have 0 informations about this game

My system specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K, 5GHz Delidded LM || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S w/ NF-A15 & NF-A14 Chromax fans in push-pull cofiguration || Motherboard: MSI Z370i Gaming Pro Carbon AC || RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8Gb 2666 || GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6Gb FTW2+ DT || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo M.2 SATA SSD 250Gb, 2x 2.5" HDDs 1Tb & 500Gb || ODD: 9mm Slim DVD RW || PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum || Case: Cougar QBX + 1x Noctua NF-R8 front intake + 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC top exhaust + Cougar stock 92mm DC fan rear exhaust || Monitor: ASUS VG248QE || Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red || Mouse: Logitech G703 || Audio: Corsair HS70 Wireless || Other: XBox One S Controler

My build logs:

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2019 at 12:14 PM, _Hustler_One_ said:

I never followed anything about this game, but what's the biggest offers of this game that makes it still in alpha for several years already?

I have 0 information about this game

Content wise it's a true alpha, as in mechanics are still being added to the game.

If you are not sure then wait for a free play weekend to try it out.

Progress, in so far you can speak of progress,  get's reset with every new release. The ship that you start a release with is dependent on how much money you put in the game. Other ships can be bought by money you earn ingame till it gets reset again due to a new version.

Does that answer your question?

AMD 5900x, 2x16GB ( G.skill F4-3600C16 ), Radeon VII, Radeon 570,  Corsair 1200i , SSD 240/500GB, HDD 640GB,1TB,5TB, 1TB NVME. Lian li 011Dyanmic XL, big ass LTT mouse-pad & stealth water bottle

• 1 month later...

There is no Game yet. Just a buggy Feature Mess.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO