Corsair Obsidian 250D Thread

I saw the CES overview of this and instantly changed my new rig plans.

mITX has everything I need, and this case has everything I want. It could be more interesting to look at, but that is an issue, and an easy fix with all Obsidian cases.

Only complaint is that I've never been a fan of windows, and a top mounted one seems extra pointless.

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S

Anyone else think that there should be a Mini ITX case roundup with size comparisons?

Can a pull setup be done with the H100 or similar 240mm RAD?

PC: Ryzen 5 2600 // 16 GB Corsair 3200 // MSI RX 580 8 GB // 500 GB WD Blue M.2 (sata) // Silverstone Raven RVZ03B // Fedora 33

LAPTOP: i7 5700HQ // 16 GB Kingston 1866 // GTX 970M // 250 GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 // 1 TB HDD // Windows 10

ETC: (2) Dell U2515H (2560x1440) // Corsair K63 // Logitech G603 // FiiO E10 // Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO (250 ohm) // Audio Technica ATH-M60x

Was really excited to see this at CES! I've got a 350d and totally would've gone mitx and bought this if it were out at the time of my build :( sooooo much better than a prodigy imo, really wish I could have one! Some people are saying this doesn't look nice but I think it looks great. If only noctua made a 200mm fan for the front of that case :( they really ought to make one, then you could go h100i with two 120mm noctuas 1 200mm noctua at the front and two 80mm noctuas at the back! soooo beautiful all of the beiges and brownish reds

I like how these companies have started making small form factor cases that you can actually build a decent rig on.

They'll be really good for people that would like to do some living room gaming. *cough* Steambox *cough*

Now, I'm tempted to do my next build on them

You seriously should turn thet front fan around !!!!

Great vid! Itx for factor interests me. I am building a system for a friend of mine and he wants something small so I am about doing thinking my first itx build. I was considering the bitfenix prodigy but this case looks cool. What board would you suggest for itx buld using amd apu? I have not found many its boards that support mini itx and the newest amd apu's.

NZXT SWITCH 810~MSI Z87GD65~THERMALTAKE TOUGH POWER GRAND 750W~I7-4770K @ 4.2~MSI GTX770 GAMING EDITION~16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO RED CL9~CORSAIR H110 WITH 4 NOCTUA 140MM PWM~SAMSUNG 840 PRO 256GB~WD GREEN 2TB~NZXT SENTRY2 FAN CONTROLLER~BITFENIX SLEEVED CABLE KITS BLACK AND RED ~  COOLER MASTER CM STORM TRIGGER CHERRY MX BLUE~LOGITECH G500 ~SAMSUNG SYNCMASTER  BX2450 LED~ CORSAIR VENGEANCE 2000 

It's too damn big for ITX. Sorry, ITX is a size limited form factor. I want to see a case that actually is compact, not a gigantic square.

I want a slim tower that sports a full GPU, identical to the steambox.

[TRUENO] i7 4770k (~4.4Ghz, 1.28v) || Thermalright Macho 120 || Asus Z87 Gryphon || 2x8Gb Mushkin Blackline|| Reference NVIDIA GTX770 || Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB || 2x3TB WD HDD || Corsair 350D || Corsair RM750

This is too big... Am I the only one who thinks Mini-ITX systems should be... well... MINI??

Mini-ITX should entail certain compromises. If you want no compromises in your rig, you should probably go for a Full-ATX tower.

I like it - looks very clean through the top window and I like the fact that they included an optical bay. I know most enthusiasts prefer cases without but I live in germany and there's just no decent digital distribution platform over here, yet, so DVDs and BluRays are still the best option to watch a movie. And since I use my PC for that cause I don't have a dedicated player it's a good thing to have.

Edit: as for the video itself - I'm missing a final conclusion at the end. It seems to be more of a slightly extended overview than an actual review.

CPU: AMD R5 5600x | Mainboard: MSI MAG B550m Mortar Wifi | RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 Rev E | GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Armor | Case: Xigmatek Aquila | PSU: Corsair RM650i | SSDs: Crucial BX300 120GB | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | Crucial m500 120GB | HDDs: 2x Seagate Barracuda 4TB | CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2 | Casefans: Bitfenix Spectre LED red 200mm (Intake), Bequiet Pure Wings 2 140mm (Exhaust) | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

Linus, a few questions for you:

- is the optical drive caddy removable?

- is there enough room for a 180mm fan in the front (silverstone's AP fan comes to mind)

- If a 180mm fan is indeed possible, will there be any issues chucking a 200mm rad in the front too? :D

- how fat of a graphics card can it support? I'm thinking along the lines of a wider GTX 780 classified :D

- in addition to the above question, how much room is there for a graphics card waterblock? (concerned about clearance for the barbs on a GTX 780 Classy waterblock).

Sorry for all the questions haha, I think my build idea is pretty clear at this point though... ;)

Here for the giveaways and the nudes :ph34r:

4790k (delid 4.7 @ 1.13v) | GTX 970 short-PCB | VII Impact | 256GB XP941 + 1TB HGST 2.5" 5400RPM | CM V750 | Jonsbo W1 | 'looped with HWLabs SR-1's

Moded with a steady handle like the one present in CM Storm Scout series would  be a perfect little machine to carry to lans and so on. Nice job Corsair.

crafted personality!

It's too damn big for ITX. Sorry, ITX is a size limited form factor. I want to see a case that actually is compact, not a gigantic square.

I want a slim tower that sports a full GPU, identical to the steambox.

ITX is whatever the manufacters want it to be. Some guys want to make a super small box, some rather give you options for watercooling. If you don't like this case. Then don't buy it.

Here you go, your slim "tower" http://d3nevzfk7ii3be.cloudfront.net/igi/Y2gVFNMNXBwatQfe.medium

They are out there, but it's still hard to find them. EVGA Hadron is a very small case as well. 

Linus, a few questions for you:

- is the optical drive caddy removable?

- is there enough room for a 180mm fan in the front (silverstone's AP fan comes to mind)

- If a 180mm fan is indeed possible, will there be any issues chucking a 200mm rad in the front too? :D

- how fat of a graphics card can it support? I'm thinking along the lines of a wider GTX 780 classified :D

- in addition to the above question, how much room is there for a graphics card waterblock? (concerned about clearance for the barbs on a GTX 780 Classy waterblock).

Sorry for all the questions haha, I think my build idea is pretty clear at this point though... ;)

- Yes you can. Click for picture.

- You can fit a 200mm fan in the front, not sure if there are mounts for 180. (or maybe the use the same mounting holes. don't know)

- 200 rad will likely not fit in the front. It could fit but would very likely block other parts, 140 will fit.

- Classified card is 15cm high wich might just be a very tight fit. They don't say how tall it is, but I think the max is 14,8. 

- So yeah, waterblock won't fit for sure. Unless you go mod the roof, but that would look horrible lol.

This is too big... Am I the only one who thinks Mini-ITX systems should be... well... MINI??

Mini-ITX should entail certain compromises. If you want no compromises in your rig, you should probably go for a Full-ATX tower.

There are people who like to have a small rig but still want to be able to watercool it. There is a market for this case and there is a market for other smaller cases. It's not up to you to decide if it's to big, if you think this case is to big. Then don't buy it? Corsair made this case with the tought behind it. Let's make an as small as possible case, where you can still fit in awesome hardware. And tada, there is the 250D. 

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Build Log: Phantom - Antique Noctua

Are there any air coolers that would fit in there with a full size PSU and graphics card like the titan all at the same time?

900D-->750D-->350D-->250D

900D-->750D-->350D-->250D-->150D..

150D coming soon

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

I like it, but I have no use for a Mini-ITX system, even though this case would technically hold everything I want to use merely switching to an ITX motherboard..  I have no need to move it, I have no space limitations, and I like clean wire management with options for future upgardes.  

I think a mini-ITX case that allows for (almost) any graphics card size, and a 240mm AIO cooler is pretty sweet.  Solid Corsair quality as well.

Love it very much, its really hard to decide to use this case or a EVGA Hadron for an m-ITX build.

After watching 3 of this case reviews in one day (Linus tech, TastyPC & Newegg) i do like this with only one flaw that seems to be on the same reveiws is the clearance between the m/board and the space for a cooling rad and fans is very very tight and means that most people will have to use a slimline radiator. especially if your using a Asus Impact m/board with the power VRM that is vertical on the edge of the board.

all we need now is a nice m-ITX FM2 board for people that want to use a a FM2 setup with crossfire to an R9 card. or simular.

good job Linus, oh and did you find the power button stick? TastyPC found the power button stuck on her case,

got to love Asus components

900D-->750D-->350D-->250D-->150D..

150D coming soon

what could they make the 150d?

Are there any air coolers that would fit in there with a full size PSU and graphics card like the titan all at the same time?

This particularly interests me and I've been doing some research. The official spec says air coolers up to 95mm high. But the case actually gives you 150mm or so from motherboard to roof panel. But what I forgot to account for was that if you have a DVD drive in the 5.25" bay it may block some coolers depending on how high they go over the memory slots or motherboard edge itself. That's where the 95mm spec is important.

What I'm looking at are coolers that won't interfere with an optical drive or the RAM slots. There are a couple future Noctua 95x95mm footprint coolers that I like for 100% motherboard compatibility. They were shown at Computex 2013. One is a 95x95x65mm tall version (including 92mm fan) similar to the NH-L9 series but taller:

noctua_65mm_ltype.jpg

The other is a twin tower cooler that goes 95x95mm vertically with a 92mm fan in the middle. The prototype also has clips for optional extra fans on each end:

noctua_92mm_d_type.jpg

Noctua told me the expected Q1 2014 release has been postponed due to other projects so they might not be out until later this year.

what could they make the 150d?

ultra Mini ITX system, small GPU, smmal heatsink smal everything

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

... then you could go h105 with two 120mm noctuas 1 200mm noctua at the front and two 80mm noctuas at the back! soooo beautiful all of the beiges and brownish reds

I am quite sure H105 won't fit. H100i barely fits

Show love because it's a terrible thing to hate