Corsair Obsidian 250D Thread

how would you compare this to a bitfenix prodigy? they are essentially the same thing but this one to me looks a little more professional... so we have an r4 and an orange prodigy but having a sleek box may be a cool thing to finally switch my r4 for a smaller case.  

Taken from TTL review but: 

Give me the simularities between the 250D and the prodigy? The only thing that is simular is that the PSU is below the motherboard. But even the PSU cage is different. In the 250D it's open where in the prodigy it's closed and you have to snuck your cables to the side and what not. They both have a front fan.. well there is only this much you can do with a small form factor? The hard drive cages are differently positioned. The rad position is different. 

Anyway if you want opinion about those 2. If you come from an R4 you will enjoy the 250D much more then the prodigy. 

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Build Log: Phantom - Antique Noctua

i prefer this over the prodigy, the prodigy matx format seems to fit the shape of the case more than mitx format

totly not on topic but you should see if you can get a 780 ti and put a titan cooler on it just want to know cus well the titan looks coller then the 780 ti (they look the same) but the titan's says TITAN witch is AWSOME

7oyYupl.png

Well, well, well...

On a more serious note, I don't really see the point of that case. I mean, the point of the mITX form factor is to allow smaller desktop computers. And to me, on a desk, horizontal space is more valuable than vertical space, but this case, just like the prodigy, is wider than most ATX case.

Taken from TTL review but: 

Give me the simularities between the 250D and the prodigy? The only thing that is simular is that the PSU is below the motherboard. But even the PSU cage is different. In the 250D it's open where in the prodigy it's closed and you have to snuck your cables to the side and what not. They both have a front fan.. well there is only this much you can do with a small form factor? The hard drive cages are differently positioned. The rad position is different. 

Anyway if you want opinion about those 2. If you come from an R4 you will enjoy the 250D much more then the prodigy.

Thanks... Its not urgent as i am waitin for maxwell to come out with the new 880ti so that i can upgrade my whole sysme from my 670

Thanks... Its not urgent as i am waitin for maxwell to come out with the new 880ti so that i can upgrade my whole sysme from my 670

880ti wont be for a while will it not?

I love it! Looks really nice. Like 540, just in a sensible size.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

880ti wont be for a while will it not?

Ya hopefully early q3..... Was going to upgrade it sooner but new car... And renovation.... Being a grown up sucks....

SOMEONE STEPPED ON MY 900D AND NOW ITS A 250D :(:(:(:(

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

totly not on topic but you should see if you can get a 780 ti and put a titan cooler on it just want to know cus well the titan looks coller then the 780 ti (they look the same) but the titan's says TITAN witch is AWSOME

He placed a titan in it? I am confused who you are talking to, but well - welcome to the forum! 

Well, well, well...

On a more serious note, I don't really see the point of that case. I mean, the point of the mITX form factor is to allow smaller desktop computers. And to me, on a desk, horizontal space is more valuable than vertical space, but this case, just like the prodigy, is wider than most ATX case.

You forgot one. :) And well, the design idea behind this case was not to make it super small. There are many super small cases out there allready. This case was build to be small, but still fit enough hardware in it so you aren't compromised. Wich I personally like a lot. 

6tj1U.jpg

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Build Log: Phantom - Antique Noctua

Meh, I'm waiting for a smaller 350D or something mATX, if they even do it. Sweet case though.

Meh, I'm waiting for a smaller 350D or something mATX, if they even do it. Sweet case though.

this in theory is a small 350d, cant go much further with the 350d design without just making the 250d

I think the case fully deserves the obsidian "standard". Both visual and functional, as it should be! :)

this in theory is a small 350d, cant go much further with the 350d design without just making the 250d

Maybe like the 300D? :D

Maybe like the 300D? :D

yeah but changing the name is easy, making a substantially different case is a different game all together

yeah but changing the name is easy, making a substantially different case is a different game all together

Of course it will be difficult for them to make a new case. I'll just have to wait indefinitely.

I want a Vengeance version of this case but with better handles than what's on the C70.

1 Timothy 1:15

I want a Vengeance version of this case but with better handles than what's on the C70.

that would be sick, the green version. it would be like an ammo crate !

do you actually have two or did you garbage matte it ... if you do have two please do a give away on the fourm

With the ASUS Maximus VI Impact, H100I for the CPU, can a H90 fit with an EVGA
03G-P4-2883-KR Superclocked 780Ti with a Kraken G10 in this case! Thanks, and great overview!